A partial solar eclipse is seen through the trees in this view from Lake Forest Park. The eclipse hit its peak at 3 p.m. and is visible for the next hour — but you have to know how to view it safely.
UPDATE - 03:03 PM
Canada gunman wanted a passport to go to Mideast
He had reportedly talked about wanting to go to Libya or Syria but griped that he couldn't get a passport.
- Chat rewind: Talking traffic with Times reporter Mike Lindblom
- Competing preschool initiatives draw national interest
- UPDATE - 02:35 PM Homicide investigated near White Center
- Suspected Westlake groper charged with assault
- Seattle-area nurse on Ebola watch as CDC expands checks
- Excavation under way at tunnel machine Bertha’s repair pit
UPDATE - 01:37 PM Alaska Air beats 3Q earnings expectations
NEW - 01:10 PM Free health care offered at KeyArena clinic
UPDATE - 03:03 PM For teen with passport, Syria trip can be seamless
UPDATE - 03:01 PM 1st Ebola case in W. African nation of Mali
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 01:40 PM Haunted houses, pumpkin patches: 20 fun Halloween happenings
- The Flavorful Four: Vote for your favorite Halloween candy
Given the lack of clarity on what specific service Proposition 1 would fund, voters do not have a clear understanding of what they are voting to approve.Ben Stafford guest column: "Seattle's Metro Prop. 1 is not the right measure for today's realities"
- Editorial: Elect Kimi Kondo and Damon Shadid to Seattle Municipal Court
- Editorial: Time for police to drop opposition to federal consent decree
- UPDATE - 01:26 PM Bob Barker to Woodland Park Zoo elephants Bamboo and Chai: Come on down (to a sanctuary)!
- Guest: Halt turnover in school administration to improve education
UPDATE - 01:59 PM Amazon shares miss earnings forecast, stock sinks
UPDATE - 02:51 PM Amgen will lay off 300 en route to next year’s shutdown
UPDATE - 01:39 PM Online home broker Redfin acquires walkability data site