Sumatran tiger Kali, who turned 1-year-old last week, prowls her habitat at Tacoma's Point Defiance Zoo on Wednesday. Born at the zoo, Kali now weighs about 130 pounds.
Less than a day after a King County tax measure lost, the group Friends of Transit announced a proposed property-tax initiative to fund buses in Seattle.
The log barrier was part of a decades-long struggle to protect fish and keep the slope from slipping.
- Mayor’s panel fails to reach consensus on wage recommendations
- Boeing CEO defends job transfers, but experts question rationale
- Sources: Woman on short list for SPD chief
- UPDATE - 10:50 AM Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- UPDATE - 10:58 AM FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Seattle set to beat precipitation record; avalanche danger in Cascades
- QB Russell Wilson, wife divorcing after 2 years
UPDATE - 09:50 AM Coordinated Care adds Seattle Children's to network
UPDATE - 10:51 AM Ukraine launches operation against insurgents
UPDATE - 10:50 AM US proposes pay-for-priority Internet standards
UPDATE - 10:39 AM Everest climbing season in disarray after deaths
UPDATE - 10:55 AM Fetal tissue used to power Oregon homes
UPDATE - 10:50 AM 'Horror,' UN Sec. Council says at S Sudan massacre
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 10:50 AM NFFTY and Langston Hughes film festivals get under way
UPDATE - 10:58 AM 12 best musical biopics | The List
UPDATE - 10:07 AM CollegeHumor cut-ups to get goofy in Seattle
NEW - 10:07 AM April 25-27 | Weekend Preview
Poor planning and wrongheaded federal rules have put Washington's nationally lauded chemical-dependency treatment community in critical condition...Jonathan Martin, column: "Obamacare's drug problem"
- Editorial: After failure of King County Prop. 1, hard work on Metro needed
- Editorial: A disconnect for state’s 911 system
- Poll: Do you want Aereo to expand to Seattle?
- UPDATE - 09:24 AM Guest: Mark Emmert on NCAA athletes unionizing
- Bicycle Master Plan: Require training, exams, licensing and toll collection for bicyclists
- The Legislature needs to pass a transportation package that includes transit funding
- $15 minimum wage would result in reduced server wages, quality of service
- Bicycle Master Plan: Why not license bikes? We already license boats