Nicole Brodeur interviewed Lena Dunham, creator of the popular HBO series “Girls.” Above, Dunham is applauded by her many fans as she takes the stage to read from her book of personal essays, “Not That Kind of Girl,” at a packed University Temple United Methodist Church in Seattle on Saturday.
LOADED WITH LEAD, PART 3: At the Vancouver (Wash.) Rifle and Pistol Club, youngsters' alarming lead tests in 2010 prompted the club to upgrade the range.
- Seattle didn’t hold firms accountable on sick-leave rules, report says
- Seattle region’s commute times worsen, report shows
- Celis struggles to voice his views in 1st District race
- Microsoft’s expanding cloud platform shines brightly
- UPDATE - 09:39 AM Oscar Pistorius sentenced to 5 years in prison
- Now divided, Pete Carroll and Percy Harvin look forward, not back
UPDATE - 09:40 AM CDC to revise Ebola protocol, Pentagon preps team
UPDATE - 09:39 AM Ebola cases rise sharply in western Sierra Leone
UPDATE - 09:16 AM Staples investigating possible data breach
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 07:35 AM Oscar de la Renta, legendary designer, dead at 82
- The Edible Eight: Vote for your favorite Halloween candy
When we reach into that parenting tool bag and find it empty, out pops our too-ready hand, primed for use -- to hit a child. Unfortunately, for far too many, that tool bag is flat-out flimsy.Roslyn Ann Duffy guest column: "Spanking teaches the wrong life lessons to children"
- Editorial: FCC right to scrutinize exorbitant prison phone fees
- Editorial: The Times recommends in King County judge races: Janet Garrow, Ketu Shah, Phillip Tavel
- Dave Chappelle’s status as racial commentator-in-chief reflects loss of faith in leaders and institutions
- Half a million jobs are coming to Washington, are we ready for them?
UPDATE - 09:27 AM Stocks rise, helped by Chinese data, Apple results