A current-day documentary, "Grays Harbor Happenings," gives new life to rediscovered film clips depicting life in Grays Harbor nearly a century ago. Above, Hannah Palin, of University of Washington Libraries’ Special Collections, views a preservation print of the footage.
Former Seattle Mayor Paul Schell, who left his mark in a single term full of crises, died Sunday at 76.
- Cost of fighting Washington wildfires: $50 million, so far
- UPDATE - 09:54 AM Need for a WSU medical school questioned
- Biologists track fish recovery in tough conditions on Elwha River
- Pot farmers’ bumpy road to market
- Oil trains crowd out grain shipments to Northwest ports
- Zillow to acquire Trulia for $3.5B in all-stock deal
UPDATE - 11:06 AM Seattle Times announces more local news partners
NEW - 09:56 AM 3.6 earthquake shakes up central Puget Sound
UPDATE - 11:38 AM New fears about Ebola spread after plane scare
UPDATE - 11:37 AM US fuming over Israeli criticism of Kerry
UPDATE - 11:38 AM Police team turns back from Ukraine crash site
UPDATE - 11:37 AM Deal to improve veterans' health care costs $17B
UPDATE - 11:20 AM It's all over but the arguing in Sterling trial
UPDATE - 11:32 AM Should the condemned suffer? Victim families torn
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 11:17 AM Byron Scott says he will be LA Lakers' new coach
UPDATE - 10:42 AM Charles Bradley leads dance party to end Timber! Fest
NEW - 09:57 AM Daniel Radcliffe grows 'Horns'
We had offered a way for audiences, Asian American and white, to enjoy the true musical beauty and humor of this operetta, without the demeaning stereotypes and yellowface acting.Rick Shiomi, guest column: "Making 'The Mikado' without Asian stereotypes"
Agree or disagree with his politics and policies, Mayor Schell (along with many other politicians) should get our respect and thanks for at least stepping up and taking action by trying to make a difference through government.Comment by "Coug By Association" on "Paul Schell remembered for vision, mayoral term marked by crises"
- Editorial: The Times recommends state Rep. Ruth Kagi in 32nd District, Position 2
- Editorial: The Times recommends to keep Snohomish County Sheriff Ty Trenary
- UPDATE - 10:07 AM B.C. premier vows sewage treatment for Victoria — someday
- New York Times joins Seattle Times in calling for marijuana legalization
UPDATE - 11:34 AM FAA proposes to fines Southwest Airlines $12M
UPDATE - 11:34 AM Dollar Tree steps up fight, buys Family Dollar
UPDATE - 11:08 AM Not in my backyard: US sending dirty coal abroad
UPDATE - 11:34 AM US stocks flip between slight gains and losses
- Boeing ready to help Iran keep airliners flying | Sunday Buzz
- Oil trains crowd out grain shipments to NW ports