Seattle Mayor Ed Murray says the city needs to scale down its ambitious waterfront-redevelopment plan — including a proposed swimming-pool barge, seen here — because of rising costs. Murray’s staffers said the plan would eat up about $200 million more than previously thought.
Boeing is moving significant defense work, mostly in engineering, out of the Puget Sound region during the next three years.
- King County Council: no 2015 bus cuts
- Police: Man stabbed in group fight in downtown Seattle
- Paralyzed children are latest worry as virus spreads in U.S.
- New parking meters, time-of-day rates on the way
- UPDATE - 07:19 AM Seattle home-price gains slow again
- UPDATE - 08:47 AM Secret Service head takes blame for White House breach
UPDATE - 07:08 AM 5-year prison sentence for Lynnwood bomb threat
UPDATE - 07:08 AM Army aircraft spots stranded beluga whales, their escape
UPDATE - 08:48 AM Colorado high court considers pot firing case
UPDATE - 08:39 AM Cancer doctor given 10 years for poisoning lover
UPDATE - 07:40 AM Ferguson demands high fees to turn over city files
UPDATE - 08:48 AM Oklahoma man charged with murder in beheading
UPDATE - 08:42 AM US-led airstrikes hit Islamic State near Turkey
UPDATE - 08:47 AM Wal-Mart: Morgan wasn't wearing seatbelt in crash
Entertainment & Living
- Editorial: The Times recommends Judy Clibborn and Tana Senn in the 41st District
- Editorial: How to keep housing affordable — build more
- UPDATE - 07:14 AM 'Last Days In Vietnam' film premieres in Seattle on Friday, reopens old wounds
- Guest: Seattle Housing Authority rent proposal would hurt working poor
UPDATE - 08:47 AM EBay to split off lucrative PayPal business
UPDATE - 08:40 AM EU says Ireland grants Apple illegal tax benefits
UPDATE - 08:40 AM US stocks turn higher in midday trading