LARRY STONE: The Super Bowl, while still firmly in their sights, is not a fait accompli for this team. And the Seahawks might need to get through a recharged 49ers team to get there. Above, 49ers linebacker NaVorro Bowman knocks the ball out of the hands of Russell Wilson in the first half.
Eight of the nation’s largest technology companies, including Microsoft, called on Washington on Monday to impose strict new curbs on government surveillance.
NEW - 05:46 AM Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- CHS Pics | Christmas in Pike/Pine | Capitol Hill Seattle Blog
- Bittersweet pup-watching season continues for Seal Sitters | West Seattle Blog
- Icebreaker heads south for the winter | Three Sheets Northwest
- Burn ban in effect for Snohomish County | MLTnews.com
- Mercer Alert: Full closure next weekend plus weeknight closures through December 20th | Queen Anne View
As someone who worked in the Mariners front office (not baseball operations but still) for 6+ years I can confirm the organizational culture is extremely dysfunctional. Very much a good old boys club, not interested in new ideas at all.Comment by "iloveseattle243" on "Dysfunction at the top: Wedge, others point to trouble in Mariners' front office"
- Editorial: Give SPD chief hiring options
- Editorial: Try the $15 wage in SeaTac before imposing it in Seattle
- Forgiveness and Mandela’s legacy | Leonard Pitts Jr. / Syndicated columnist
- Health-care: Allow open group enrollment
Entertainment & Living
NEW - 05:30 AM Monday TV Picks: ‘Six by Sondheim’ on HBO
- 250 ways to enjoy the holidays in Seattle