University of Washington students pass a 28-foot-tall inflatable installation, appearing to wear some purple. It's titled "Lone Stranger," a 2014 work by Piper O'Neill, part of "Mad Campus," an outdoor public art exhibition on Seattle's UW campus. Classes at the UW start on Wednesday.
UPDATE - 09:10 PM
First wave of airstrikes focused on cell poised to attack U.S. or Europe
The one-two-three punch of American and Arab airstrikes against Islamic State militants in Syria and Iraq was just the beginning, President Obama and other leaders declared Tuesday.
- UPDATE - 08:51 PM First Hill Streetcar delayed: Line is ready, streetcars are not
- NEW - 08:07 PM Did Amazon's growth widen the gender pay gap in Seattle? | FYI Guy
- UPDATE - 09:06 PM Amazon worker: ‘Tech is still so male-based and unbalanced’
- NEW - 09:08 PM Sawant wants Seattle City Light to flatten rates, help residents
- Starbucks to buy out Japanese partner for $913 million
- NEW - 09:03 PM Secrecy of meetings by Seattle, Tacoma ports questioned
- NEW - 08:12 PM Builders grapple with tight supply of land
- Simpson Lumber explores possible sale
- Seahawks back atop most NFL power rankings, but who put them No. 6?
UPDATE - 08:44 PM Ex-al-Qaida spokesman gets life prison term in NY
NEW - 07:46 PM In farewell speech, Karzai lashes out at U.S. agenda
UPDATE - 09:11 PM India successfully puts spacecraft in Mars' orbit
UPDATE - 09:10 PM Turkey considers military role against ISIL
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 09:10 PM Krist Novoselic returns to Aberdeen for Nirvana mural dedication
He studied in shelters, seeking light wherever he could between tents occupied by others battling homelessness, mental illness and sometimes drug addiction.Thanh Tan, column: "Finding hope in the margins"
- Editorial: After vote on action in Iraq and Syria, Congress should continue cooperation
- Editorial: A Band-Aid for the Export-Import Bank
- Washington's return to private prisons?
- Guest: The higher education choices for state lawmakers
UPDATE - 09:26 PM What Seahawks learned: Exploding Marshawn Lynch myth and more
UPDATE - 07:17 PM Will UW defensive front meet its match in Stanford offensive line?
UPDATE - 09:24 PM Mariners fading fast after Blue Jays batter Felix Hernandez