Seattle fell behind early, only to rally for a 2-1 win over Chivas USA, aided by a late red card to the hosts and two Clint Dempsey assists. Above, Chivas goalkeeper Dan Kennedy, middle, reacts with Carlos Bocanegra as Seattle’s Obafemi Martins, right, celebrates Lamar Neagle’s goal during the first half.
In the 25 years since the Exxon Valdez spill, oil exports from Alaska have waned. But the fossil-fuel industry has now turned its attention to the Pacific Northwest.
- Mudslide donations show power of crowdfunding
- First mudslide claims filed; more likely, lawyer says
- Seattle’s maximum debate on achieving $15 minimum wage
- UPDATE - 09:01 AM Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- Lindquist shines, but UW’s QB competition to continue
- Mariners fall meekly to Marlins
UPDATE - 09:01 AM In Colorado, a pot holiday tries to go mainstream
UPDATE - 08:46 AM Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
Entertainment & Living
If tips were not recognized as income under a new minimum wage, our payroll would increase by $910,000.Rich Fox, guest column: "Count restaurant tips in minimum-wage debate"
- Editorial: Seattle needs to ease up on the rush to a $15 minimum wage
- Editorial: Reject pot scare tactics, like drug-dog patrols at Roosevelt High School
- Guest: The decline of labor unions and the rise of the minimum wage
- A circus descends on Common Core | David Brooks / Syndicated columnist