FALL HOME DESIGN | “Here I work and have time to reflect and plan,” Anna Hoover says of her freecycled, recycled 693-square-foot cabin on Key Peninsula, a place its designers, Les Eerkes and Olson Kundig Architects, call Scavenger Hut. A sculpture by John Hoover, her father, stands in the corner.
UPDATE - 08:43 PM
Canada’s leader: Deadly shooting rampage was terrorist attack
A masked gunman killed a soldier at Canada's war memorial Wednesday, then stormed Parliament before he was killed by the sergeant-at-arms. Canada's prime minister called it the country's second terrorist attack in three days.
- UPDATE - 07:00 PM White House fence jumper apprehended
- NEW - 08:01 PM Rain shatters record — and more is on the way
- UPDATE - 08:55 PM Panel overturns suspension of SPD officer in use-of-force case
- NEW - 08:22 PM Seattle-area nurse monitored for possible Ebola infection
- UPDATE - 06:57 PM Boeing shares fall on worries about 787 costs, cash flow
- UPDATE - 07:43 PM Online home broker Redfin acquires walkability data site
- UPDATE - 08:49 PM After shopping trip, bear to undergo rehab in Lynnwood
- Decoding the ballot measures for state and Seattle voters
UPDATE - 08:49 PM Aetna deal promises more affordable, better health care in Puget Sound
NEW - 08:39 PM Judge sets March 16 for trial for mentally ill in jails case
NEW - 08:43 PM Princess in cockfighting case gets probation
NEW - 06:48 PM Dallas hospital under scrutiny over Ebola crisis
UPDATE - 08:43 PM Probe: UNC academic fraud was 'shadow curriculum'
UPDATE - 08:20 PM Palestinian kills baby at Jerusalem station
UPDATE - 07:00 PM Blackwater guards found guilty in Iraq shootings
UPDATE - 08:40 PM Princess in cockfighting case gets probation
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 07:22 PM Rainier Jubilee beer can to go on a jaunt | Weekend Highlight
UPDATE - 07:20 PM When in Green Lake, try the duck balls | Happy Hour
- The Flavorful Four: Vote for your favorite Halloween candy
Inmates' families should not be taxed to stay in touch. That is a clear example of public policies being at cross-purposes: short-term revenue gained at the expense of long-term recidivism.Editorial: "FCC right to scrutinize exorbitant prison phone fees"
UPDATE - 08:37 PM Penalties continue to be a problem for Seahawks
UPDATE - 07:53 PM Sounders shifted their training regimen and that has helped
UPDATE - 08:24 PM Cougars’ offensive line has been a strong point
UPDATE - 07:21 PM "Uncropping" photos and other UW tech on display | Brier Dudley
UPDATE - 07:22 PM Kirkland’s popularity means office space is tight