Andy Conner, a veteran King County Sheriff's deputy has been placed on leave after his work with a nonprofit drop-in center for women and girls involved in the sex trade became the subject of an internal investigation. Above, Conner talks to volunteers at The Genesis Project shelter last year.
The chief executive, acknowledging that “I’m sounding like Darth Vader here,” touted plans Wednesday to reduce costs.
UPDATE - 12:35 AM Tea party storm largely inside IRS _ so far
- Capitol Hill Seattle Blog | 'Embraced,' Tacos Chukis stretching out in Broadway Alley
- Seattle Globalist | From peace to chaos in Mali
- My Ballard | Update on Ballard Greenway construction
- SnoValley Star | Mother, officials clarify details about child's fall from window
- Capitol Hill Seattle Blog | Despite banner start for Capitol Hill burglars & bandits, 2013 SPD stats show overall drop in crime
As economies in many parts of the world stagnate due to an aging population, immigration holds the key to America's future expansion.Don Brunell and Mike Gempler, guests: Grow the economy with immigration reform
Entertainment & Living
NEW - 12:05 AM ‘Epic’: Wee warriors in a grand adventure | Movie review
NEW - 12:05 AM ‘Fast & Furious 6’ busts out the big biceps | Movie review
- Watch the winners of the 2013 3-Minute Masterpiece film contest
- Summer Guide: Sightseeing attractions, festivals, day trips and more