As Coach Chris Petersen molds a program that Steve Sarkisian resuscitated from zero wins to four straight bowls, his mission is as clear and challenging as his celebrated arrival suggests.
UPDATE - 12:50 PM
Suspect jailed in slaying of 2 in Kent
One man was arrested and another questioned by police Wednesday in connection with the fatal shooting of two people at a gas station in Kent.
- UPDATE - 12:26 PM Special ops tried but failed to find Foley, other hostages
- UPDATE - 12:36 PM Record $17 billion settlement in mortgage probe of BofA
- Defendant calls 4 slayings justified, charging papers say
- UPDATE - 12:52 PM 2 American Ebola patients released from hospital
- UPDATE - 11:59 AM Seattle’s Callison being bought by Netherlands firm
NEW - 12:43 PM Court rules against state in health-benefits case
NEW - 12:07 PM Kent homicide suspect once threatened driver with handgun
UPDATE - 12:52 PM Gov. Nixon taking National Guard out of Ferguson
UPDATE - 12:22 PM California drought stings bees, honey supplies
UPDATE - 12:48 PM Noodles: Friend or foe? S. Koreans defend diet
UPDATE - 12:48 PM Voice, image give clues in hunt for Foley's killer
Entertainment & Living
NEW - 11:32 AM Cornish announces 2014 Neddy winners
UPDATE - 12:19 PM ‘If I Stay’: Near-death tale lacks life | Movie review
Patients are routinely forced through a maze of bureaucratic review procedures to get authorization for treatment...Sean Corry, Eleanor Hamburger, guest column: "Enforce state's mental-health parity law"
- Editorial: Racial disparities are behind Ferguson, Mo., unrest
- Editorial: The Times recommends Reps. Steve Bergquist and Zack Hudgins in 11th District
- Should Obama go to Ferguson?
- Guest: Students should not have been expelled for marijuana at Bishop Blanchet High School
UPDATE - 10:50 AM Inequality grew from 2000 through 2011 | Jon Talton
UPDATE - 12:36 PM Average US 30-year mortgage rate at 4.10 pct
UPDATE - 12:36 PM Stocks move higher; S&P 500 at record high
NEW - 10:07 AM Amazon starts selling physical books in Brazil