SEAHAWKS TRAINING CAMP: Backup tight end Anthony McCoy could miss considerable time if the injury today to his left Achilles tendon is same as what his right one suffered last year. Above, McCoy stiff-arms cornerback A.J. Jefferson on Sunday during camp at Virginia Mason Athletic Center in Renton.
UPDATE - 12:06 AM
Park-district opponents overstate tax claims
TRUTH NEEDLE: Opponents of creating a Metropolitan Park District in Seattle, say Prop. 1 would raise property taxes 20 percent. The math doesn’t add up.
- After breakdown, 2 ferries for Bainbridge, just 1 for Kingston
- Amgen’s exit a new blow for Seattle biotech industry
- Facing budget crunch, public-health chief quits
- Jewish group: Gun remarks ‘idiotic, simplistic, wrong’
- GOP: Democratic Senate candidate too Republican
- Offense at last: Mariners beat Cleveland, 5-2
UPDATE - 02:03 AM UCLA wades through damages from pipe flooding
UPDATE - 02:03 AM Shells hit UN school in Gaza, kill 15
UPDATE - 02:03 AM US appeals court blocks Mississippi abortion law
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 01:14 AM Generation of tanners see spike in deadly melanoma
UPDATE - 01:25 AM NCAA settles head-injury suit, will change rules
UPDATE - 02:03 AM Activists want gay rights on Africa summit agenda
The New York Times editorial board adding its influential voice to the national debate will be a boost for this movement led by the states.Kate Riley, Opinion Northwest: "New York Times joins Seattle Times in calling for marijuana legalization"
- Editorial: Fix Seattle Schools’ superintendent turnover issues
- Editorial: Get Northwest grain shipments going again
- B.C. premier vows sewage treatment for Victoria — someday
UPDATE - 01:16 AM China investigating Microsoft in monopoly case
UPDATE - 01:38 AM Twitter 2Q results soar, stock flies high