As out-there as some of Lynch’s behavior can seem, as defiant and individualistic as he can sometimes appear, teammates say Lynch is nothing if not real. “I think his rough edges are what makes him a good player,” says defensive lineman Michael Bennett. Lynch, above, has averaged 78.8 yards rushing per game in his five Seahawks seasons.
The operations director for Washington State Ferries, on leave and under investigation since July, confirmed late Saturday that he has been fired.
- As heroin fatalities rise, some see hope in ‘bupe’
- Metro fined over restroom issues for bus drivers
- UW fraternity to disband over hazing incident
- Thanksgiving travel? Plan ahead, pack your patience
- Immigration speech the high point of Obama’s presidency | Danny Westneat
- Huskies show resiliency in satisfying 37-13 victory vs. Oregon State | Larry Stone
NEW - 11:04 AM Former Idaho trooper reaches deal, pleads guilty
NEW - 10:30 AM Mercer Island home heavily damaged in fire
- Zoo to elephant activists: You wanted them moved, right? | The Wrap / Ron Judd
Entertainment & Living
The focus for all lawmakers should be to ensure that new investment in education is tied to a demonstrable reversing of disappointing outcomes for students.Editorial: "Voters have returned a delicate balancing act to Olympia"
- Editorial: President Obama did what Congress would not and acted on immigration
- Bill Cosby, serial rapist? That’s a lot to forgive
- If politicians love kids, they would invest in early education | Nicholas D. Kristof
- Love and the power of gravity | David Brooks / Syndicated columnist
NEW - 08:00 PM Advice from indexing’s patron saint, Jack Bogle | Your Funds