Commuters headed south on Interstate 5 approaching Northgate Monday morning. Traffic has been snarled for hours after an early morning crash involving two semi-trucks. The backup reached 10 miles at one point.
Investigation: The worst known case of workplace lead exposure at a U.S. range happened during renovations at Wade's Eastside Guns in 2012. But documented hazards there go back to 2008.
- UPDATE - 11:19 AM Judge dismisses suit by SPD officers on use-of-force reforms
- Defense attorneys given list of frames dropped in SPD videos
- DelBene, Celis give 1st District a clear choice for Congress
- UPDATE - 10:49 AM No women among 25 best-paid Seattle city employees
- UPDATE - 10:13 AM Seahawks say they’ll ‘come out swinging’ | Larry Stone
UPDATE - 09:31 AM Adrift Russian ship towed safely to Canadian port
NEW - 10:53 AM No fuel spilled from yacht sinking near Sequim
UPDATE - 11:19 AM Expelled Nazis got millions in Social Security
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 10:51 AM At Seattle Opera: A dashing ‘Don Giovanni’ | Opera review
UPDATE - 10:03 AM Selater-Kinney returns with new album and tour in 2015
- The Edible Eight: Vote for your favorite Halloween candy
When we reach into that parenting tool bag and find it empty, out pops our too-ready hand, primed for use -- to hit a child. Unfortunately, for far too many, that tool bag is flat-out flimsy.Roslyn Ann Duffy guest column: "Spanking teaches the wrong life lessons to children"
- Editorial: Ban lead in ammunition to protect those who frequent gun ranges, and their families
- Editorial: The Times recommends in King County judge races: Janet Garrow, Ketu Shah, Phillip Tavel
- Half a million jobs are coming to Washington, are we ready for them?
- Guest: For elite college admission, become an athlete
UPDATE - 10:01 AM Pete Carroll on Percy Harvin: "I couldn't make it work''
UPDATE - 09:24 AM US stocks move higher; IBM disappoints
UPDATE - 11:10 AM Canadian Pacific ends CSX deal talks
- Former Boeing Airplanes chief Mulally gets a warm reception | Sunday Buzz
- ‘Peak Oil’ peaked and then some, so what’s next? | Jon Talton