LIVE The statewide opening day of the lowland lakes trout fishing season is coming up. Reporter Mark Yuasa, regional biologists and experts from state Fish and Wildlife are taking questions about where to go and more. Above, David Judah, 3, fishes with "adopted" grandfather Chuck Carlson last year.
UPDATE - 12:11 PM
State is first to lose No Child waiver
Education officials have warned districts for weeks to prepare budgets under the assumption that the waiver from the No Child Left Behind law would be revoked.
- Bus backers seek property-tax hike
- Log wall at base of mudslide hill required repeated repairs
- Mayor’s panel fails to agree on wage recommendations
- Boeing CEO defends job transfers, but experts question rationale
- UPDATE - 12:15 PM Source: Ex-Boston police commissioner is candidate for SPD chief
- QB Russell Wilson, wife divorcing
UPDATE - 12:39 PM Ukraine moves against insurgents in the east
UPDATE - 12:41 PM Russia's Putin calls the Internet a 'CIA project'
UPDATE - 11:17 AM Magnitude 6.6 quake off British Columbia coast
UPDATE - 12:41 PM US proposes pay-for-priority Internet standards
UPDATE - 12:36 PM Nevada rancher condemned for racist remarks
UPDATE - 12:35 PM Everest climbing season in disarray after deaths
UPDATE - 12:35 PM 'Horror,' UN Sec. Council says at S Sudan massacre
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 10:50 AM NFFTY and Langston Hughes film festivals get under way
UPDATE - 10:58 AM 12 best musical biopics | The List
NEW - 12:09 PM Generations of jazz in town this week | Concert previews
NEW - 12:17 PM Heard any good mumbles lately?
NEW - 11:08 AM Remembering Marc Platt
Poor planning and wrongheaded federal rules have put Washington's nationally lauded chemical-dependency treatment community in critical condition...Jonathan Martin, column: "Obamacare's drug problem"
- Editorial: After failure of King County Prop. 1, hard work on Metro needed
- Editorial: A disconnect for state’s 911 system
- Poll: Do you want Aereo to expand to Seattle?
- Guest: Mark Emmert on NCAA athletes unionizing
- Bicycle Master Plan: Require training, exams, licensing and toll collection for bicyclists
- The Legislature needs to pass a transportation package that includes transit funding
- $15 minimum wage would result in reduced server wages, quality of service
- Bicycle Master Plan: Why not license bikes? We already license boats
UPDATE - 10:40 AM UW event will take deeper look at inequality | Jon Talton
UPDATE - 11:31 AM Code.org to help 2 million students learn to program
NEW - 11:52 AM Hulu releases remote control for consoles