Seattle Mayor Ed Murray says the city needs to scale down its ambitious waterfront-redevelopment plan — including a proposed swimming-pool barge, seen here — because of rising costs. Murray’s staffers said the plan would eat up about $200 million more than previously thought.
Boeing is moving significant defense work, mostly in engineering, out of the Puget Sound region.
- King County Council: no 2015 bus cuts
- Driver killed after fleeing sheriff's deputy in Covington
- NEW - 05:58 AM Police: Man stabbed in group fight in downtown Seattle
- Paralyzed children are latest worry as virus spreads in U.S.
- New parking meters, time-of-day rates on the way
- UPDATE - 06:38 AM Secret Service head faces questions on White House breach
NEW - 06:05 AM 5-year prison sentence for Lynnwood bomb threat
NEW - 06:32 AM Army aircraft spots stranded beluga whales, their escape
NEW - 06:00 AM Daily Rant&Rave: Road dangers
UPDATE - 06:38 AM Colorado high court considers pot firing case
NEW - 06:13 AM Cancer doctor given 10 years for poisoning lover
NEW - 06:05 AM Ferguson demands high fees to turn over city files
NEW - 06:13 AM Okla. beheading suspect's conversion surprised family
NEW - 05:29 AM US-led airstrikes hit Islamic State near Turkey
UPDATE - 06:02 AM Falcon has cataract surgery, gets new lenses
UPDATE - 06:37 AM Wal-Mart: Morgan wasn't wearing seatbelt in crash
Entertainment & Living
NEW - 06:15 AM Sept. 30 TV Picks: Series premiere of ‘Selfie’ on ABC
UPDATE - 06:35 AM Global stock markets mostly turn higher
- Military is big business in state, but at what cost? | Jon Talton
- Gophers may put builders in the hole | Sunday Buzz