In the news:
PICTURE THIS: Winter feeding is under way in the L.T. Murray wildlife area west of Ellensburg, where nearly 800 Rocky Mountain elk gathered recently. A fence west of Interstate 90 keeps the elk from reaching their winter ranging area so the elk need supplemental feed to survive.
UPDATE - 03:53 PM
42 Boeing 787s must be inspected
Boeing said discovery of a Dreamliner manufacturing defect by a Japanese wing-maker means 42 jets need to be inspected for hairline cracks in the wings.
- UPDATE - 03:58 PM Russia in patriotic fervor over Crimea
- UPDATE - 03:22 PM Sex offender who fled Canada won’t face trial in assault
- Wanapum Dam crack hinders power generation upstream
- UPDATE - 03:27 PM Seahawks' focus in free agency is keeping team together
UPDATE - 03:58 PM GOP pushes social issues at conservative showcase
UPDATE - 03:58 PM NKorea elections: 0 pct drama, 100 pct mandatory
UPDATE - 03:58 PM Kids rescued from surf: 'Mom tried to kill us'
- King County hosts ten health insurance enrollment events this Saturday, March 8 | Seattle/Local Health Guide
- West Seattle traffic alert: 4 nights of 99 closures next week to finish 'Timber Bridge' project | West Seattle Blog
- Update: Lynnwood Police still looking for owners of recovered stolen property | Lynnwood Today
- With spring-like weather comes solicitors | Magnolia Voice
- Capitol Hill: land of special bathrooms -- Toilet tour planned for Saturday | Capitol Hill Seattle Blog
I found it easier to find health violations at my neighborhood restaurant than about problems at my kid's child-care center.Jonathan Martin, column: "Make child care transparent for parents"
- Editorial: Premera shrouds transparency
- Editorial: Put heat on e-cigarettes and ‘vaping’
- UberX, Lyft and Sidecar finally reveal driver numbers in Seattle
- Guest: Fund early learning in state budget
UPDATE - 03:39 PM Washington guaranteed eighth or ninth seed in Pac-12 Tourney
UPDATE - 03:59 PM Chiney Ogwumike helps Stanford rally past Colorado