LIVE In a panic for a holiday gift? Gift card burning a hole in your pocket? Seattle Times book editor Mary Ann Gwinn and the Elliott Bay Book Co.'s Karen Maeda Allman are answering your questions on the best books of the year, the century, and the gift-giving season.
UPDATE - 12:28 PM
Inslee calls for capital-gains, other taxes
"We've got to buck up and invest in our state," he said in proposing a $39 billion, two-year budget.
- Times series on ocean changes wins major multimedia award
UPDATE - 12:38 PM Digital dilemma: How will US respond to Sony hack?
UPDATE - 12:40 PM Not much chance of Congress stopping Cuba policy
UPDATE - 12:25 PM Botched cyberattack on Syria group blamed on IS
Entertainment & Living
NEW - 06:05 AM Rising-star conductor Macelaru at helm of Seattle ‘Messiah’
NEW - 10:46 AM Live movie chat Friday: Talk about 'The Interview' and more
Even when challenges or misunderstandings arise, the truth is that we all want the same thing: safety for the public, protection for taxpayers and daylight for Bertha.Lynn Peterson guest column: "WSDOT explains the settling, liability and safety of the Highway 99 tunnel project"
- Editorial: Legislature should give school districts back control of federal funds
- As relationships move online, a dark vision of ‘Pottersville’ becomes real
- A glimpse inside Washington's gun culture after Initiative 594
- UPDATE - 10:47 AM Guest: In a dangerous situation, the police and I made a critical decision to save a life
UPDATE - 11:24 AM Washington's unemployment dilemma in one chart | Jon Talton