It’s taking longer than expected to dig a hole to fix Highway 99 tunnel-machine Bertha. But managers still expect Bertha to be repaired by March. Above, steel tubes, some with drilling teeth, are at the job site for the repair pit.
The early departure of another superintendent has reignited debates about whether a fractious School Board is at least partially to blame for the turnover.
UPDATE - 09:29 AM
King County Public Health chief is stepping down
Dr. David Fleming, who has led Public Health for seven years, recently endured severe budget cuts that forced the agency to cut staff and close several clinics.
- Alaska is in bull's eye as oceans grow more acidic
- UPDATE - 09:27 AM Growth slows for local home prices
- Jewish group calls for resignation of gun lobbyist
- UPDATE - 09:07 AM Vandals strike Gas Works Park overnight
- UPDATE - 09:41 AM Study: 35% in U.S. facing debt collectors
- Longtime DJ Bob Rivers to retire
UPDATE - 07:33 AM US: Russia violated 1987 nuclear missile treaty
UPDATE - 08:04 AM Kosovo prosecutor suspects some killed for organs
UPDATE - 09:36 AM Avoiding plane crashes as air traffic doubles
UPDATE - 09:39 AM Ronstadt gets answer to 'When Will I Be Loved?'
Entertainment & Living
We had offered a way for audiences, Asian American and white, to enjoy the true musical beauty and humor of this operetta, without the demeaning stereotypes and yellowface acting.Rick Shiomi, guest column: "Making 'The Mikado' without Asian stereotypes"
Agree or disagree with his politics and policies, Mayor Schell (along with many other politicians) should get our respect and thanks for at least stepping up and taking action by trying to make a difference through government.Comment by "Coug By Association" on "Paul Schell remembered for vision, mayoral term marked by crises"
- Editorial: Get Northwest grain shipments going again
- Editorial: The Times recommends keeping Snohomish County Sheriff Ty Trenary
- MSNBC coverage of 'The Mikado' and stereotypes on stage
- Guest: The havoc of competing for jail contracts
UPDATE - 09:36 AM China investigating Microsoft in monopoly case
NEW - 09:17 AM New Audi offers glimpse of cars' 4G future
UPDATE - 09:36 AM Stocks turn mixed ahead of economic data
- Boeing ready to help Iran keep airliners flying | Sunday Buzz
- Oil trains crowd out grain shipments to NW ports