★★½ RESTAURANT REVIEW: Quality Athletics is a sports bar in the same way that Skillet is a diner and Hollywood Tavern is a roadhouse: archly, ironically, ostensibly, but not really. Above, jerk-spiced duck wings are served with lime crème fraîche with pickled pomegranate seeds at Quality Athletics.
UPDATE - 01:02 PM
Inslee proposes capital-gains tax to help fund budget
"We've got to buck up and invest in our state," the governor said, as he proposed a $39 billion, two-year budget.
- U.S.-Cuba prisoner swap aided by Pope
- Times Watchdog: Indoor soccer-team owner accused of sexual assault
- UPDATE - 12:58 PM North Korea-linked Sony hack may be costliest ever
- Officials: Kennewick student shot dead by Minn. authorities
- UPDATE - 01:03 PM Seahawks sign K.J. Wright to four-year extension
- Times series on ocean changes wins major multimedia award
UPDATE - 12:58 PM Not much chance of Congress stopping Cuba policy
UPDATE - 12:25 PM Botched cyberattack on Syria group blamed on IS
UPDATE - 11:35 AM Ebola: 11th Sierra Leone doctor dies; fire destroys supplies
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 12:10 PM Hot ticket: Seattle Rep adds a performance of 'All the Way'
Even when challenges or misunderstandings arise, the truth is that we all want the same thing: safety for the public, protection for taxpayers and daylight for Bertha.Lynn Peterson guest column: "WSDOT explains the settling, liability and safety of the Highway 99 tunnel project"
- Editorial: Legislature should give school districts back control of federal funds
- As relationships move online, a dark vision of ‘Pottersville’ becomes real
- A glimpse inside Washington's gun culture after Initiative 594
- Guest: In a dangerous situation, the police and I made a critical decision to save a life
UPDATE - 11:24 AM Washington's unemployment dilemma in one chart | Jon Talton