Tamanh Le and Erika Parmelee, of Honey Dew Elementary, prepare backpacks for students. The Salvation Army, one of the groups supported by the Fund For The Needy, on Fridays provides weekend food packs for 444 Renton elementary-school kids of the working poor.
ANALYSIS: The Supreme Court could still overturn much of President Obama’s environmental legacy, although the justices have upheld the regulations in three significant cases.
- Protester had firearms, Seattle police chief says
- ‘Exotic’ orcas visit inland waters in unprecedented numbers
- Mercer Island plan to add more commuter parking draws ire
- Paul Allen finances lawsuit targeting coal leasing on federal lands
- Charity cuts ties with Value Village parent
- China charges Microsoft $137 million in back taxes
- We need to put more effort into closing our racial divides | Jerry Large
- Seahawks vs. 49ers: Old foes get reacquainted with Thanksgiving showdown
- Traffic alert: Start early or late to reach holiday destination
Entertainment & Living
NEW - 06:27 AM Do you have a favorite Thanksgiving movie?
NEW - 06:15 AM Jingle Ball to light up Moore Theatre | Concert preview
All that's left is for Gov. Jay Inslee to show his hand, and avoid being just another act following what's now recalled as a killer performance.Robert J. Vickers column: "Is Gov. Jay Inslee an absentee governor or a patient strategist?"
- Editorial: This Thanksgiving, be grateful and share
- Editorial: What Ferguson could learn from Seattle, but progress remains
- NEW - 08:05 AM Cartoon: Happy Thanksgiving from corporate America
- Guest: My journey from an undocumented immigrant to Harvard Medical School