FYI GUY: Among large U.S. cities, Seattle has the second-lowest fatality rate for pedestrians and cyclists, a new report says. Nearly one in eight workers here is a pedestrian or bicycle commuter, higher than the 52-city average of one in 20. Above, a cyclist commutes across the I-90 bridge in December.
State officials want to further assess the proposed timber sale five miles from the site of the deadly mudslide to ensure there are no risks to nearby homes.
- UPDATE - 09:51 AM Captain of sunken South Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Local Sherpa asks: Who will pay to educate dead guides’ kids?
- NEW - 09:33 AM Life-threatening injuries in Central District shooting
- UPDATE - 08:37 AM Nurse-visit program for families faces uncertain funding
- Prosecutor seeks new judge in 2007 Carnation slayings
- Stanton blasts grand slam to beat M's in bottom of 9th
Entertainment & Living
If tips were not recognized as income under a new minimum wage, our payroll would increase by $910,000.Rich Fox, guest column: "Count restaurant tips in minimum-wage debate"
- Editorial: State needs to seek more help for high-school counselors
- Editorial: Vote no on King County Proposition 1
- Guest: Count restaurant tips in minimum-wage debate
- Guest: What happened to the eight-hour workday?