RESTAURANT REVIEW: After 40 years, a succession of chefs, a devastating fire and a relocation to Woodinville, The Herbfarm is still a classic — just beware the upsell. Above, co-owner Carrie Van Dyck, right, and chef Chris Weber (to Van Dyck’s right) plate one of the evening’s nine courses.
A new wildfire has prompted evacuations and the closure of Highway 20 west of Twisp and east of Winthrop. The fire is separate from the Carlton Complex fire.
- UPDATE - 05:49 PM 5 hurt in light-rail crash in Rainier Valley
- Crack dealer who took photos with officials gets 7½ years
- UPDATE - 07:29 PM House OKs tougher bill to address border crisis
- WHO: Ebola moving faster than control efforts
- Senator: Inslee's action in grain labor dispute unlawful
- 2 med students win Microsoft's Imagine Cup tech competition
UPDATE - 07:31 PM 1 child dead, 1 hurt in Cannon Beach; Wash. woman sought
UPDATE - 07:18 PM Why isn't there a treatment or vaccine for Ebola?
UPDATE - 07:18 PM Israel pushes deeper in Gaza after soldier seized
UPDATE - 06:38 PM Doctors: Stabbing suspect sees fictional beings
UPDATE - 07:18 PM AP-GfK poll: Public ready to close book on 2 wars
UPDATE - 07:18 PM Autopsy: Police chokehold caused NYC man's death
UPDATE - 07:18 PM Obama says after 9-11, US 'tortured some folks'
NEW - 06:13 PM Pot vies for prizes at Denver County Fair
Entertainment & Living
Seems pretty clear the Boeing deal wasn't a subsidy, at least not in the way most people think of the word.Erik Smith column: "The Boeing giveaway that wasn't"
- Editorial: Keep oil- and coal-train safety on track
- Editorial: Lance Dickie’s legacy continues through The Seattle Times’ school-supplies drive
- Editorial notebook: In Federal Way, what may be world’s priciest comic book
- Carrying on Lance Dickie's legacy with school supply drive
- Superintendent turnover: Board should better define the relationship
- Marijuana enforcement: Praise for officer who cracked down on public use
- Superintendent turnover: School Board explains relationship with José Banda
- Israel-Palestinian conflict: A mistaken belief that resolution would solve the conflict
UPDATE - 07:12 PM Mariners go quietly against Wei-Yin Chen, lose to Orioles, 2-1
NEW - 07:18 PM Kip Brown seeks Seafair victory in new Spirit of Qatar