Someone besides the State Parks Department might have to step up to save the St. Edward State Park seminary building by the end of next year if it's to stay standing. Bastyr University has its eye on the property. Above, Inglemoor High School cross-country teams practice Thursday at the park.
The world’s biggest scientific drilling ship has the audacious goal of boring into the heart of an offshore earthquake fault much like one that threatens the Northwest.
UPDATE - 05:18 PM
3 Americans detained in North Korea plead for help
- NEW - 04:52 PM Police: Queen Anne shooter had reportedly threatened family members
- Serial stalking? Man faces trial in 5th case, involving 5th woman
- UPDATE - 05:11 PM UW coach Petersen on Cyler Miles, Hawaii, E. Wash.
- Seahawks make roster changes
- NEW - 04:04 PM Mariners start in huge hole, suffer 6-1 loss to Oakland
UPDATE - 03:47 PM Oil spill disrupts Edmonds-Kingston ferry service
UPDATE - 03:52 PM Kenneth Bae's sister: CNN interview shows his deteriorating health
- Right wing launches misguided protest against Labor Day | Danny Westneat
- Daily Rant&Rave: Watch for pedestrians, drivers
UPDATE - 03:55 PM Civil disobedience expected in fast-food pay fight
Entertainment & Living
Most kids head back to school next week, but more can be done to help children from poor families get ready for the challenges of a new year.Editorial: "Still time to help students with school-supply drive"
- NEW - 05:13 PM Editorial: Joe Fain, Pat Sullivan and Chris Barringer in 47th Legislative District
- Editorial: Thank you for helping students with school-supply drive
- NEW - 05:13 PM Guest: Supreme Court should tread carefully with Legislature threats in McCleary education case
- Guest: The Internet is not like an electric or water utility