NOAA workers hand a net onto a boat for a recent survey of fish, including herring, off Whidbey Island. The herring population is a fraction of what it once was, raising questions about a possible link to the decline in marine birds.
Many in Bellevue have complained that placing the maintenance yard at the old BNSF site would undercut plans to turn the Bel-Red Corridor into a lively, high-density, mixed-use development.
The news was revealed by former Seahawk fullback Michael Robinson, one of Lynch's closest friends.
- Wildfire area spared from lightning; many still without power
- Fight over Seattle parks plan heats up as Aug. 5 election nears
- UPDATE - 08:28 AM Taiwan plane survivor crawls out, phones dad
- 2 critically injured in shooting outside bank in Central Area
- Amazon shares sink on quarterly loss
- UPDATE - 06:48 AM FYI Guy: What your Seattle address says about you
- UPDATE - 06:35 AM 2.8 earthquake near Duvall felt east of Seattle
- 26 acts to see at Capitol Hill Block Party this weekend
UPDATE - 07:39 AM 2nd Northwest tribe cancels Ted Nugent concerts
UPDATE - 06:24 AM Daily Rant & Rave: Thanks for the shirt, no thanks for missed concert
UPDATE - 08:09 AM Early warning: 4 days of Highway 99 closures in August
UPDATE - 07:43 AM Black box found at Air Algerie wreckage site
UPDATE - 08:28 AM Australia, Netherlands ready to secure crash site
UPDATE - 08:12 AM Transcript shows concerns during Arizona execution
UPDATE - 08:28 AM Obama aide says impeachment threat taken seriously
UPDATE - 08:28 AM 5 killed in West Bank, amid new Gaza truce efforts
UPDATE - 08:28 AM Cause sought for gunfight between patient, doctor
UPDATE - 08:12 AM Pot may be legal, but homeowner agreements can ban
Entertainment & Living
- 2014 World Cup coverage
UPDATE - 08:18 AM Fast food workers prepare to escalate wage demands