LOADED WITH LEAD, PART 2: The nation's worst known case of lead poisoning at an indoor shooting range happened at Wade's Eastside Guns and Bellevue Indoor Range. When owner Wade Gaughran, above, expanded his business in 2012, 46 workers were contaminated. As the range stayed open, public-health officials worried that customers were at risk, too.
UPDATE - 01:54 PM
Judge dismisses cops’ suit on use-of-force reforms
U.S. District Judge Marsha Pechman has tossed out all claims in a lawsuit brought by about 100 Seattle police officers seeking to block new, federally mandated use-of-force policies.
UPDATE - 12:01 PM In Colorado, health officials want most edibles off shelves
- Daily Rant & Rave: HOV lane cheaters
UPDATE - 01:37 PM CDC to revise Ebola protocol, Pentagon preps team
UPDATE - 02:07 PM Nigeria declared Ebola-free; 'spectacular success'
UPDATE - 02:07 PM GOP governors don't see 'Obamacare' going away
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 01:14 PM Director talks about the making of ‘Dear White People’
UPDATE - 01:26 PM Q&A: Cary Elwes on his ‘Princess Bride’ book
UPDATE - 12:13 PM Sleater-Kinney returns with new album and tour in 2015
- The Edible Eight: Vote for your favorite Halloween candy
NEW - 06:15 AM Uncertain about career choice? Take time off | Dear Carolyn
UPDATE - 01:13 PM Don’t just count calories — eat the right ones | On Nutrition
UPDATE - 01:13 PM Tired? Try these sleep tips
When we reach into that parenting tool bag and find it empty, out pops our too-ready hand, primed for use -- to hit a child. Unfortunately, for far too many, that tool bag is flat-out flimsy.Roslyn Ann Duffy guest column: "Spanking teaches the wrong life lessons to children"
- Editorial: Ban lead in ammunition to protect those who frequent gun ranges, and their families
- Editorial: The Times recommends in King County judge races: Janet Garrow, Ketu Shah, Phillip Tavel
- UPDATE - 01:10 PM Dave Chappelle’s status as racial commentator-in-chief reflects loss of faith in leaders and institutions
- Half a million jobs are coming to Washington, are we ready for them?
UPDATE - 01:04 PM US airlines raise base fares on domestic flights
UPDATE - 02:05 PM US stocks quietly move higher; IBM disappoints
- Former Boeing Airplanes chief Mulally gets a warm reception | Sunday Buzz
- ‘Peak Oil’ peaked and then some, so what’s next? | Jon Talton