Times reader Gloria Zmuda Nagler shot this photo at Seattle's Matthews Beach Park, on Lake Washington. She dubbed it "Seagull Channeling Swan." Here are 10 photos we love from hundreds of great images submitted this year.
Gov. Jay Inslee wants to raise $1.4 billion in new revenue, including a new capital-gains tax, as part of his $39 billion two-year budget proposal.
- NEW - 04:35 PM Prosecutors weigh sexual assault charges against indoor soccer-team owner
- NEW - 04:35 PM Seattle police hit the streets with body cameras
- Workers concerned: 2 more air-bag accidents on undelivered Boeing jets
- Haggen plans to buy 146 stores
- Lawmakers jab Supreme Court: bill would make races partisan
- Prepackaged caramel apples linked to 5 deaths
- Seattle district report: Ex-schools official shared bids, violated policies
- Wet, warm weekend poses flood danger, confounds skiers
UPDATE - 04:44 PM Hackers warn not to release 'The Interview' in any form
UPDATE - 04:44 PM Obama cautions that change may be slow to come to Cuba
UPDATE - 04:30 PM Egypt's gays go deeper underground, fearing crackdown
UPDATE - 04:30 PM Lawmaker wants investigation of St. Louis prosecutor
UPDATE - 04:44 PM Flu season, early again, hitting hard in South and Midwest
UPDATE - 04:44 PM Bergdahl investigation wraps up; top leaders get briefings
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 04:26 PM Gold medalist Michael Phelps pleads guilty to DUI
Some of the wording in the new law could be clarified. But from my experience, I just don't view the concept of background checks as a huge burden.Thanh Tan blog post: "A glimpse inside Washington's gun culture after Initiative 594 "
UPDATE - 04:17 PM ClearSign CEO gets golden handshake | Sunday Buzz
UPDATE - 04:19 PM Fortune made from Microsoft snatches L.A. manse from Beyonce, Jay-Z