President Obama waves as he boards Air Force One before his departure from Seattle on Tuesday. Obama's Seattle visit started a three-day West Coast trip, where he'll also visit San Francisco and Los Angeles and plans to attend at least five fundraising events.
UPDATE - 08:06 PM
Ybarra chose SPU because he was unfamiliar with it
Accused SPU campus shooter Aaron Ybarra didn’t “want to attack my own city,” according to his recently released journal.
- UPDATE - 08:07 PM U.S. intelligence: No direct link to Russia in plane downing
- Oso mudslide delivered a one-two punch, new science report says
- UPDATE - 08:18 PM Dueling rulings: Courts split on health law clash
- UPDATE - 07:05 PM Microsoft tops revenue forecast but profits fall short
UPDATE - 07:05 PM Board puts soda tax before San Francisco voters
UPDATE - 08:18 PM In international flight, volatile conflicts abound
UPDATE - 07:00 PM Man dies in California after beach hole collapses
Entertainment & Living
The region has been through a lot since I arrived in 1988. Mood swings, economic swings and lots of chatter.Lance Dickie column: "Puget Sound's tenacity of spirit"
I have no problem with the Pres fund raising, it's part of how our political system runs today, however, with all that's happening in the world and here at home, it seems as though he should have his butt firmly planted in the oval office working on these issues.Comment by "Clew" on "Obama fundraising visit to enrich Democratic super PAC"
- Editorial: Seattle’s Proposition 1 is not the last resort for parks
- Editorial: Shame on Russian President Vladimir Putin
- Guest: The publishers, not Amazon, keep authors down
- State's editorial boards: Some praise, some snort at Inslee's fish-consumption proposal
UPDATE - 07:23 PM Breaking down the Seahawks’ 2014 schedule, sixth-toughest in the NFL
UPDATE - 07:45 PM Sounders’ 5 all-stars recognition of team’s 2014 success
UPDATE - 07:44 PM Gary Baze is back at the track, this time as a steward
UPDATE - 07:44 PM Live: Mariners vs. Mets
- 2014 World Cup coverage
UPDATE - 07:06 PM Jet insurers worry after Malaysia Airlines’ latest crash
NEW - 07:35 PM Mac, China sales power Apple profit ahead of larger iPhone
- Solid expansion taking hold in Tacoma | Jon Talton