A crew sweeps up broken glass left on the sidewalk from a window at the Wells Fargo bank on Madison Street and Boylston Avenue in Seattle this morning. The window was smashed last night in a protest of a grand jury's decision not to indict the officer who shot and killed an unarmed teen in Ferguson, Mo. More protests are going on today.
The average price of existing single-family homes in King, Snohomish and Pierce counties fell 0.2 percent in September over August.
Seattle Mayor Ed Murray on Monday outlined his plan to regulate Seattle's proliferating medical-marijuana industry.
- UPDATE - 10:34 AM Parents of Lake Stevens boy shot in mouth had argued about guns in home
- Audit: Two ex-SHA employees got $130,000 in bogus overtime
- Minnesota AG says Value Village’s owner mishandled donations
- Developer plans 50-story hotel on Seattle’s Fifth Avenue
- Sounders FC’s Chad Marshall named MLS defender of the year
NEW - 11:46 AM Daily Rant&Rave: Good luck speeding off with that flat tire
UPDATE - 11:57 AM Brown family blasts prosecutor's handling of case
UPDATE - 12:00 PM A look at what's ahead in the Ferguson case
UPDATE - 12:00 PM Most police shootings don't end with prosecutions
UPDATE - 11:45 AM Police: Video of officer shooting boy is 'clear'
UPDATE - 12:03 PM Cosby philanthropy shadowed by sexual allegations
Entertainment & Living
All that's left is for Gov. Jay Inslee to show his hand, and avoid being just another act following what's now recalled as a killer performance.Robert J. Vickers column: "Is Gov. Jay Inslee an absentee governor or a patient strategist?"
I just completed an exhaustive online search, and have not found a single news item or police report wherein a four year old was, with or without permission, playing with father's stamp collection, and accidentally glued a three year-old's jaw off.Comment by "user1002035" on "Parents of Lake Stevens boy shot in mouth had argued about guns in home"
- Editorial: Remote testimony would bring the Legislature into the 21st century
- Editorial: Mayor Murray’s smart move to entice foreign trade to Seattle
- UPDATE - 10:17 AM A needless attack on TVW detracts from real need for more transparency
- Thanksgiving is for eating, not shopping
UPDATE - 10:53 AM Key lessons about China | Jon Talton
NEW - 11:11 AM India on tap as first market for Microsoft Lumia 535
UPDATE - 11:59 AM US stock indexes hold near record levels