Weyerhaeuser will move its headquarters and 800 employees in 2016 from Federal Way to a new building. Above, the building that will be constructed at 200 Occidental Ave. S. in Seattle is seen in an artist's rendering. President and CEO Doyle Simons said in a statement Tuesday "our 430-acre campus in Federal Way is costly and too large for our needs."
UPDATE - 07:44 AM
Garfield High wants hazing to be history
EDUCATION LAB: After a notorious hazing incident last fall, parents and students at Garfield High School are tackling a school-culture problem that's widespread here and across the nation.
- Community, SPD talk about preventing a Ferguson here
- Europe calls out corporate tax schemes | Danny Westneat
- UPDATE - 05:56 AM Seattle city attorney discusses issues around new pot law
- Study: Seattle drivers are bad — and getting worse
- Mariners reward Zduriencik with contract extension | Jerry Brewer
UPDATE - 07:43 AM Motorcycle crash leaves one dead, passenger seriously injured
UPDATE - 07:44 AM Girl accidentally kills gun instructor with Uzi
UPDATE - 06:21 AM Authorities: Man who shot 7 is 'serial killer'
UPDATE - 07:38 AM Bound bodies of 2 found in Philly river; 3rd hurt
NEW - 05:44 AM Judges chide state lawyers over gay marriage bans
NEW - 07:11 AM Study: Social media users shy away from opinions
UPDATE - 07:44 AM Muslims react with outrage at UK sex abuse report
Entertainment & Living
NEW - 06:15 AM Bumbershoot returns to Memorial Stadium in 2014
NEW - 06:01 AM 12 Days of Simpsons, Day 7: Springfield is in Oregon...duh
NEW - 06:00 AM Still going strong: Brad Upton celebrates 30 years in comedy
NEW - 06:15 AM 35 top things to see at Bumbershoot 2014
UPDATE - 07:11 AM Kevin Spacey to sing in 1-night-only concert in DC
The mysterious and tragic death of Watoto at the Woodland Park Zoo underscores the fact that it is time for Seattle to get out of the elephant business, once and for all.Editorial: "Watoto's death a wake-up call for city, Woodland Park Zoo"
- Editorial: Feds drag feet on banking access for marijuana industry
- Editorial: Frank Chopp for the 43rd legislative district
- UPDATE - 06:42 AM What it means for schools to lose control over Title I funds and No Child Left Behind waiver
- Guest: From warriors to guardians — returning American police culture to democratic ideals
UPDATE - 07:17 AM Madden NFL 15: Richard Sherman, Seahawks fans should love it