LOADED WITH LEAD, PART 3: At the Vancouver (Wash.) Rifle and Pistol Club, junior members coached by Marc Ueltschi, top, practice shooting targets. In 2010, 20 youngsters tested positive for lead overexposure. The club fixed its problems so that young shooters could compete there safely.
UPDATE - 04:08 PM
Judge dismisses cops’ suit on use-of-force reforms
U.S. District Judge Marsha Pechman has tossed out all claims in a lawsuit brought by about 100 Seattle police officers seeking to block new, federally mandated use-of-force policies.
NEW - 03:21 PM Court, Kreidler bolster mental-health coverage
- Daily Rant & Rave: HOV lane cheaters
UPDATE - 04:29 PM Nigeria declared Ebola-free; 'spectacular success'
UPDATE - 04:43 PM GOP governors don't see 'Obamacare' going away
Entertainment & Living
NEW - 03:37 PM Readers, show us your Halloween pumpkins
- The Edible Eight: Vote for your favorite Halloween candy
When we reach into that parenting tool bag and find it empty, out pops our too-ready hand, primed for use -- to hit a child. Unfortunately, for far too many, that tool bag is flat-out flimsy.Roslyn Ann Duffy guest column: "Spanking teaches the wrong life lessons to children"
- NEW - 04:04 PM Editorial: FCC right to scrutinize exorbitant prison phone fees
- Editorial: The Times recommends in King County judge races: Janet Garrow, Ketu Shah, Phillip Tavel
- Dave Chappelle’s status as racial commentator-in-chief reflects loss of faith in leaders and institutions
- Half a million jobs are coming to Washington, are we ready for them?
UPDATE - 04:11 PM Boeing revising tanker development schedule
UPDATE - 04:34 PM Record iPhone sales drive Apple's 3Q beat
UPDATE - 04:34 PM IBM 3Q disappoints as it sheds 'empty calories'
- Former Boeing Airplanes chief Mulally gets a warm reception | Sunday Buzz
- ‘Peak Oil’ peaked and then some, so what’s next? | Jon Talton