Officers Debra Pelich, left, and Chris Meyers show off the new Seattle Police uniforms and SUV that will replace the department’s old Crown Victorias. Each is also wearing a different style of body camera. At left is a close up a body camera that is attached at chest level. Twelve officers in the East Precinct will participate in a six-month pilot program to test body cameras and the policy by which they will be used.
Gov. Jay Inslee wants to raise $1.4 billion in new revenue, including a new capital-gains tax, as part of his $39 billion two-year budget proposal.
- Medicare to cut payments to area hospitals over safety issues
- 2 more air-bag accidents on undelivered Boeing jets have workers concerned
- Mayor’s task force wants more tent cities for the homeless
- Seattle district report: Ex-schools official shared bids, violated policies
- Redfin closes $71 million deal
- Will Cubans’ health suffer in new U.S. relationship?
- Brewer: Hawks’ offense can be aggressive without becoming reckless
UPDATE - 03:31 AM 8 children killed, mother stabbed, in Australia
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 02:13 AM Digital dilemma: How will US respond to Sony hack?
UPDATE - 03:26 AM Stephen Colbert retires his 'Report' and the host he played
Even when challenges or misunderstandings arise, the truth is that we all want the same thing: safety for the public, protection for taxpayers and daylight for Bertha.Lynn Peterson guest column: "WSDOT explains the settling, liability and safety of the Highway 99 tunnel project"