About a dozen demonstrators are blocking railroad tracks Tuesday at a Burlington Northern Santa Fe yard in north Everett to protest train shipments of oil and coal and proposed export terminals in the Northwest. Above, Abby Brockway suspends herself from a tripod to block a train carrying oil.
UPDATE - 02:08 PM
ISIS video purports to show beheading of second U.S. journalist
Steven Sotloff also appeared in a video released last month by the Islamic State group that showed the beheading of fellow American journalist James Foley.
For example, a clinic in Port Angeles is turning away 250 callers a week.
- Despite skepticism, Japan hangs onto goal of predicting earthquakes
- NEW - 01:11 PM State agency spent $600,000 on staff workshops
- UPDATE - 01:09 PM Pierce County deputies find body linked to bloody items
- 5 more Seattle schools get cameras to spot speeders
- UPDATE - 02:09 PM Home Depot investigates possible credit card data breach
- Warmest July-August on record in Seattle
- Seattle colleges attract international students
- UPDATE - 01:30 PM Inquiries begin into nude celebrity photo leaks from Apple's iCloud
- Suspension over, Huskies QB Miles gets nod to start
UPDATE - 01:43 PM Body found north of Leavenworth, another near Manson
UPDATE - 02:02 PM Demonstrators block tracks in Everett
- Daily Rant&Rave: Go Hawks
UPDATE - 02:09 PM It's no longer safe to recline your airplane seat
UPDATE - 12:05 PM Flight diverted, woman removed over seat dispute
UPDATE - 02:08 PM APNewsBreak: Girl said Uzi was too much for her
UPDATE - 01:31 PM Politico founder to be Washington Post publisher
UPDATE - 02:08 PM Ukrainian troops routed as Russia talks tough
NEW - 12:41 PM Seattle's special-ed mess: Who's in charge of what?
UPDATE - 12:44 PM Historic McCleary school funding hearing coming Wednesday
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 01:01 PM Fall 2014 DIY contest: Make a newsprint masterpiece
UPDATE - 02:09 PM Family: Joan Rivers on life support
UPDATE - 02:08 PM Surrogate offers clues into man with 16 babies
NEW - 06:15 AM Emotional quandary follows friend’s death | Dear Carolyn
But the five governors differ with the court's more recent order threatening to find the Legislature in contempt ...Chris Gregoire, John Spellman, guest column: "Former governors on why Supreme Court should tread carefully in McCleary education case"
- Editorial: Joe Fain, Pat Sullivan and Chris Barringer in 47th Legislative District
- Editorial: Thank you for helping students with school-supply drive
- Seattle's new police chief is an empathetic multitasker, but far from naive
- Times poll: 84 percent support elephant-exhibit closure
UPDATE - 02:09 PM US stock market ends slightly lower
UPDATE - 01:35 PM McDonald's boosts oversight of Chinese suppliers
- A bright spot for labor as tough times remain | Jon Talton
- Drone groan: first Amazon — and now Google | Brier Dudley