UPDATE - 01:58 PM
Bit of rain offers hope, but fire crews in for long haul
The Carlton complex fire is the biggest in Washington’s recorded history. A light rainfall this morning offered hope, but the fire isn't expected to be out any time soon.
The Oso slide was the deadliest in U.S. history, but a new report estimates the Stillaguamish Valley has been hit by 15 similar slides in the past 6,000 years.
- UPDATE - 02:24 PM Dueling rulings: Courts split on health law clash
- UPDATE - 02:25 PM U.S.: No link to Russian government in plane downing
- I-90 smooth Monday, but here comes Obama
- Obama fundraising visit for Democratic super PAC
- UPDATE - 02:27 PM Microsoft beats on revenue, misses on profit in fourth quarter results
- UPDATE - 01:32 PM Helicopter crashes north of Oso; 1 injured
UPDATE - 12:17 PM As many as 50 personal items recovered each day from Oso mudslide
UPDATE - 01:59 PM Burien man accused of killing wife, leaving body in car at park and ride
UPDATE - 02:28 PM Homeless slayings underscore dangers on the street
UPDATE - 02:28 PM To fight crime, Chicago tries wiping away arrests
UPDATE - 12:59 PM Despite crush of children, illegal immigration low
UPDATE - 02:24 PM 11 parents of Nigeria's abducted girls die
UPDATE - 01:27 PM Chase ends as man runs into a Miss. police academy
Entertainment & Living
NEW - 01:38 PM 'Downton Abbey' back on Jan. 4 for season 5
NEW - 02:26 PM Free screening of 'Love Child' Wednesday at Uptown
The region has been through a lot since I arrived in 1988. Mood swings, economic swings and lots of chatter.Lance Dickie column: "Puget Sound's tenacity of spirit"
I have no problem with the Pres fund raising, it's part of how our political system runs today, however, with all that's happening in the world and here at home, it seems as though he should have his butt firmly planted in the oval office working on these issues.Comment by "Clew" on "Obama fundraising visit to enrich Democratic super PAC"
- Editorial: Shame on Russian President Vladimir Putin
- Editorial: The warning sign for state DOT in Skagit bridge collapse
- Guest: The publishers, not Amazon, keep authors down
- State's editorial boards: Some praise, some snort at Inslee's fish-consumption proposal
UPDATE - 01:20 PM An open letter to soccer fans, and sports fans everywhere
- 2014 World Cup coverage
UPDATE - 02:09 PM Microsoft reveals Surface Mini writeoff, phone sales
UPDATE - 01:57 PM Apple's fiscal 3Q earnings top analyst forecasts
UPDATE - 02:12 PM Goodwill, feds investigate possible data breach
- Solid expansion taking hold in Tacoma | Jon Talton