NICOLE & CO. | Paul MacKay, a fixture on the Seattle dining scene for decades, opened and managed renowned local spots like El Gaucho, The Metropolitan Grill and 13 Coins. Soon, he will be simply a diner. He's retiring after five decades in the restaurant business.
Scott Kubly says his aim is to integrate the city’s transportation system while balancing the needs of pedestrians, bicyclists, transit riders and motorists.
- Mike Zunino’s home run keys Mariners’ 10-5 win
- 2 men charged with murder in beating of Boeing manager
- Video shows SPD officer punch cuffed woman, documents say
- Nordstrom opens first store in Canada
- UPDATE - 11:13 AM Agents nab intruder who darted into White House
- We are worse than NFL as far as domestic violence goes | Danny Westneat
UPDATE - 09:45 AM Whaling meeting votes against Japan's hunt
UPDATE - 11:13 AM Kurdish fighters head to Syria to fight militants
UPDATE - 09:39 AM After vote to stay in UK, Scots must heal divide
UPDATE - 11:13 AM Buffer zone agreed upon in Ukrainian peace talks
UPDATE - 09:45 AM Scientists monitoring Hawaii lava undertake risks
Entertainment & Living
In fact, the most important issue — the risk to human life — is not explicitly considered in routine landslide-hazard assessments.Joseph Wartman, guest column: "How to avert the next Oso landslide disaster"
- Editorial: Seattle Housing Authority rent proposal needs work
- Editorial: The Times recommends Jeanne Kohl-Welles, Reuven Carlyle and Gael Tarleton in the 36th District
- Guest: Should schools start later? Medical reasons to delay
- Does Seattle feel richer this year than last?