Seattle officials are exploring ways to solve the city's homelessness problem, but finding the money is a challenge. Above, a man stands in pouring rain Tuesday at Fourth Avenue and Pike Street with a sign asking for help.
Despite a big money battle over climate change in Legislative races, that topic ranks low in a new poll of voter concerns.
- Tulalip Tribes: Some children dread school because of threats
- UPDATE - 12:20 PM Not ill or contagious, Maine nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride
- UPDATE - 11:29 AM Apple CEO Tim Cook: ‘I’m proud to be gay’
- Source: Murder-suicide linked to abuse accusation
- A ‘Frozen’ Halloween is in the forecast
- Justin Smoak never did catch fire with the Mariners | Larry Stone
UPDATE - 11:27 AM Washington Supreme Court shifts burden in rape cases
UPDATE - 11:01 AM Amber Alert for child allegedly abducted by mother in Thurston County
UPDATE - 10:36 AM Bellingham bank robbery suspect waits for police, needed a home
UPDATE - 10:52 AM Environmental groups sue over impact of reactor on Columbia
UPDATE - 12:20 PM Fearing Ebola? Doctors say get a flu shot
UPDATE - 12:21 PM Police: 40 arrested during Giants celebrations
UPDATE - 11:51 AM Sweden recognizes Palestinian state; Israel upset
UPDATE - 11:05 AM Dying woman, 29, completes ‘bucket-list’ Grand Canyon trip
UPDATE - 12:20 PM Chevy makes the best of exec's nervous speech
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 11:51 AM Macklemore honored by ACLU for same-sex marriage activism
UPDATE - 10:21 AM Scary Movie Week: 'The Others'
- Tasty Two: Will Twix or Reese's be crowned best Halloween candy?
The FBI's actions in this case undermined the credibility of press organizations who hold government accountable -- and that matters.Editorial: "FBI exploited press credibility in bomb ruse"
- Editorial: In 45th District race, look past the political spin
- Editorial: The Times recommends to approve Highline Public Schools bond measure
- Should college athletes be paid for performance?
- Guest: Compassion needed to tackle youth justice in King County
- NEW - 12:01 PM Marysville school shooting: Only way to limit violence is to limit guns
- Marysville school shooting: Violent media are causing violence
- Immigration crisis: The role of the U.S. in damaging Central American countries
- Affordable housing: Making sure everyone has community's interest in mind
UPDATE - 11:08 AM Marysville-Pilchuck thanks Oak Harbor with trophy
UPDATE - 11:55 AM For-profit programs face 'gainful employment' rule
UPDATE - 12:20 PM Wal-Mart tests matching prices with online rivals