In this photo provided by Conservative MP Nina Grewal, members of Parliament barricade themselves in a meeting room on Parliament Hill in Ottawa after shots were fired in the building. A gunman fatally shot a Canadian soldier standing guard at the nation's war memorial, then stormed Parliament in a hail of gunfire before he was killed by the usually ceremonial sergeant-at-arms.
If I-591 passes along with I-594, which would expand background checks, the issue could go to the courts.
- UPDATE - 07:00 PM White House fence jumper apprehended
- Seattle drivers seeing red as bus-only lanes installed
- Lewis-McChord soldier charged in wife’s death
- UPDATE - 06:57 PM Boeing shares fall on worries about 787 costs, cash flow
- UPDATE - 06:50 PM After shopping trip, bear to undergo rehab in Lynnwood
- Hey, we’re world class! For truly terrible traffic | Danny Westneat
- Don’t expect Carroll to change form on reclamation projects | Jerry Brewer
NEW - 06:48 PM Dallas hospital under scrutiny over Ebola crisis
UPDATE - 07:14 PM Probe: UNC academic fraud was 'shadow curriculum'
UPDATE - 07:12 PM Palestinian kills baby at Jerusalem station
UPDATE - 07:00 PM Blackwater guards found guilty in Iraq shootings
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 07:11 PM When in Green Lake, try the duck balls | Happy Hour
- The Flavorful Four: Vote for your favorite Halloween candy
Inmates' families should not be taxed to stay in touch. That is a clear example of public policies being at cross-purposes: short-term revenue gained at the expense of long-term recidivism.Editorial: "FCC right to scrutinize exorbitant prison phone fees"
NEW - 06:42 PM Sounders shifted their training regimen and that has helped
UPDATE - 07:09 PM Penalties continue to be a problem for Seahawks
UPDATE - 06:18 PM Kirkland’s popularity means office space is tight
UPDATE - 06:37 PM "Uncropping" photos and other UW tech on display