University of Washington's senior defensive end/linebacker Hau'oli Kikaha, shown bringing down California’s Jared Goff, is on the cusp of breaking the school's all-time and season sack records. He could accomplish both feats on Saturday when UW plays Arizona State at Husky Stadium.
UPDATE - 01:52 AM
Canada reeling from shooting rampage
Two deadly attacks in three days against members of the military stunned Canadians and raised fears their country was being targeted for reprisals for joining the U.S.-led air campaign against an extremist Islamic group in Iraq and Syria.
- Rain shatters record — and more is on the way
- Seattle's competing preschool initiatives draw national interest
- Ex-official may be charged with stealing gun-measure signs
- Seattle-area nurse monitored for possible Ebola infection
- Suspension overturned for SPD officer in use-of-force case
- 5 finalists for Bellevue police chief to meet the public Thursday
- Boeing shares fall on worries about 787 costs, cash flow
- Americans' fears don't always match reality | Jerry Large
- Mariners fans can look at Royals’ ride and be jealous | Larry Stone
UPDATE - 01:41 AM Kenny G distances self from Hong Kong protesters
UPDATE - 01:54 AM Massive cheating scandal at UNC involved athletes
UPDATE - 01:50 AM Zuckerberg speaks Chinese, Beijing students cheer
Entertainment & Living
NEW - 12:05 AM ‘Birdman’ soars to lofty heights | Movie review
- The Flavorful Four: Vote for your favorite Halloween candy
Inmates' families should not be taxed to stay in touch. That is a clear example of public policies being at cross-purposes: short-term revenue gained at the expense of long-term recidivism.Editorial: "FCC right to scrutinize exorbitant prison phone fees"