Syrian citizens check a house they say was damaged by coalition airstrikes in the village of Kfar Derian, a base for the al-Qaida-linked Nusra Front, a rival of the Islamic State group. President Obama declared Arab support for the airstrikes "makes it clear to the world this is not America's fight alone."
The findings don't refute the idea that humans are contributing to climate change globally, the authors say.
- What would possible 15% cut mean for state’s colleges?
- Seattle will fine for adding too much food to garbage bins
- UPDATE - 01:26 PM Bin Laden’s son-in-law spokesman gets life in prison
- UPDATE - 01:27 PM Police: 3 people dead in shooting at UPS facility in Alabama
- U.S. Soccer stands by decision, allows Hope Solo to play
- Shead’s proposal after Broncos game took months of secret planning
UPDATE - 11:40 AM Tuesday Memo: Garbage out ... Hope Solo ruling ... Don't pet the moose
UPDATE - 01:15 PM Bomb threat prompts evacuation of Glacier Peak High School
UPDATE - 01:33 PM High-speed chase on I-5 ends near Lynnwood with 1 arrest
UPDATE - 01:04 PM Light-rail tunnel partnership sued by black laborers
UPDATE - 01:26 PM US officials: Terrorist group was nearing attack
UPDATE - 01:33 PM Turkey is considering a military role against IS
UPDATE - 01:33 PM Obama urges world to follow US lead on climate
UPDATE - 01:26 PM Michael Brown memorial rebuilt after fire
Entertainment & Living
NEW - 01:33 PM New sitcom ‘black-ish’ looks at culture and assimilation
UPDATE - 01:26 PM Hillary Clinton highlights gender as 2016 looms
He studied in shelters, seeking light wherever he could between tents occupied by others battling homelessness, mental illness and sometimes drug addiction.Thanh Tan, column: "Finding hope in the margins"
- Editorials: Small changes to apodment rules could have big results
- Editorial: A Band-Aid for the Export-Import Bank
- Guest: What questions to ask state candidates about transportation
- Washington's return to private prisons?
- NEW - 12:05 PM Privacy of a public employee’s cellphone argument used to protect prosecuting attorney
- Domestic violence: A bigger problem beyond the NFL
- Climate Change: All candidates for public office need to work on global warming
- Middle East: Palestinians have not been interested in a two-state solution
UPDATE - 01:19 PM Seahawks back atop most NFL power rankings, but who put them No. 6?
UPDATE - 01:21 PM Simpson Lumber explores possible sale
UPDATE - 01:09 PM County unemployment rates edged up in August
NEW - 12:31 PM At Clinton summit, Ashesi pledges to boost women engineers