Thousands of Seahawks fans lined a mile-long stretch of road in SeaTac Sunday morning, hoping to catch a glimpse of their favorite players before the team departs for Super Bowl XLIX. Above, Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman greets fans at the Delta Air Lines hangar at Sea-Tac.
Local schools are scrapping specialty classrooms, adding portables and paying teachers overtime in order to accomodate the additional students.
- Ship propeller killed whale found under Seattle ferry dock
- Time for health-care exchange customers to settle up taxes
- San Juan pot farmers face wrath of neighbors
- Intervention may work better than punishment in schools
- UPDATE - 01:50 PM NYC mayor: Storm could be biggest ever to hit city
- Elon Musk drops space plans into Seattle’s lap | Jon Talton
- Guess who’s discovered income inequality? | Danny Westneat
NEW - 12:56 PM Man kneeling in street killed by vehicle in Marysville
UPDATE - 01:17 PM Seattle shooting and car crash land 5 in hospital
- Girls, 11 and 15, injured in suspected DUI crash in Puyallup
- Man arrested in Hawaii crash that killed Issaquah bicyclist
- 4 robbed, assaulted in Seattle's Kobe Terrace Park
UPDATE - 01:46 PM Greek radical left wins election, threatening market turmoil
Entertainment & Living
While we should fix NCLB, we can't afford to stop holding states and schools accountable for the education of their students.Patty Murray guest column: "Congress needs to fix outdated federal No Child Left Behind education law"
- Editorial: Washington students need better laws at federal and state level
- Editorial: Educating inmates is a wise investment for Wash.
- Guest: West Coast ports are in rough seas due to slowdown
- Europe’s economy was wrecked in the name of responsibility | Paul Krugman / Syndicated columnist
UPDATE - 01:11 PM Elon Musk's SpaceX drops lawsuit against Air Force
NEW - 08:00 PM Coping with debt on a reduced income | Investing