Someone besides the State Parks Department might have to step up to save the St. Edward State Park seminary building by the end of next year if it's to stay standing. Bastyr University has its eye on the property. Above, Inglemoor High School cross-country teams practice Thursday at the park.
The world’s biggest scientific drilling ship has the audacious goal of boring into the heart of an offshore earthquake fault much like one that threatens the Northwest.
- UPDATE - 02:35 PM Lynnwood man, 2 others held in N. Korea plead for help
- Kenneth Bae's sister: Video shows his health deteriorating
- UPDATE - 02:41 PM 8 rescued near Bainbridge Island
- Weapons found at Queen Anne home after fatal police shooting
- Serial stalking? Man faces trial in 5th case, involving 5th woman
- What’s open, closed for Labor Day
- LIVE Follow the game as the Mariners take on the A's
- Right wing launches misguided protest against Labor Day | Danny Westneat
- Daily Rant&Rave: Watch for pedestrians, drivers
NEW - 02:47 PM Civil disobedience expected in fast-food pay fight
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 01:51 PM 10 things not to miss at Bumbershoot Monday
Most kids head back to school next week, but more can be done to help children from poor families get ready for the challenges of a new year.Editorial: "Still time to help students with school-supply drive"
- Editorial: Thank you for helping students with school-supply drive
- Editorial: State Supreme Court should be cautious in McCleary school-funding case
- Guest: The Internet is not like an electric or water utility
- An Uzi, a 9-year-old and American exceptionalism | Leonard Pitts Jr. / Syndicated columnist