This weekend is shaping up to be a frighteningly fun one for fans of thrillers, festivals a the humble chicken wing. Here are five activities we recommend. Clockwise from top left: visit a corn maze, celebrate Dia de los Muertos, grab some wings for the game, and see Jake Gyllenhaal in "Nightcrawler."
UPDATE - 02:56 PM
Space tourism rocket explodes in desert
A Virgin Galactic ship exploded after taking off on a test flight in the Mojave Desert today. At least one was dead and another was injured, Highway Patrol said.
- Truth Needle: Gun-rights ad misrepresents extent of police support
- Sound Transit floats $15B plan to expand mostly rail service
- Emotional funeral for school shooter draws more than 1,000
- Boy pleads not guilty to bringing Molotov cocktail to Seattle Center
- Jerry Brewer: The Seahawks need to find fun again
- Take 2: Greed and the selling of Husky football traditions
UPDATE - 01:07 PM Ferries: Stop hogging our power outlets
UPDATE - 02:56 PM AP EXCLUSIVE: Military sex survey draws complaints
UPDATE - 02:56 PM Brittany Maynard: New face of right-to-die
NEW - 02:24 PM Early votes exceed 15 million — but who benefits?
UPDATE - 02:46 PM Poll: Economy, health care eclipse social issues
UPDATE - 02:57 PM After murder suspect is caught, a sigh of relief
UPDATE - 02:46 PM Medicare paid for meds after patients were dead
Entertainment & Living
- Tasty Two: Will Twix or Reese's be crowned best Halloween candy?
UPDATE - 02:31 PM From Ste. Michelle came world-class wine talent | PNW Magazine
NEW - 12:11 PM 3 cases of wine for the holidays | The Grapevine
The FBI's actions in this case undermined the credibility of press organizations who hold government accountable -- and that matters.Editorial: "FBI exploited press credibility in bomb ruse"
- Editorial: Find the money to keep Public Health — Seattle & King County’s Auburn site open
- Editorial: In 45th District race, look past the political spin
- Ebola aid workers can't be trusted
- Remembering what skulls really stand for on Halloween
UPDATE - 02:44 PM Wall Street caps a wild month with a rally