Seattle officials are exploring ways to solve the city's homelessness problem, but finding the money is a challenge. Above, a man stands in pouring rain Tuesday at Fourth Avenue and Pike Street with a sign asking for help.
Despite a big money battle over climate change in Legislative races, that topic ranks low in a new KCTS-9 Washington Poll of voter concerns.
- UPDATE - 08:06 AM Nurse defies Ebola quarantine in Maine
- Tulalip Tribes: Some children dread school because of threats
- UPDATE - 08:06 AM Apple CEO Tim Cook: ‘I’m proud to be gay’
- Shells near Bertha from settlers, not tribes, official says
- UPDATE - 06:01 AM Source: Murder-suicide linked to abuse accusation
- A ‘Frozen’ Halloween is in the forecast
UPDATE - 06:35 AM Boy, 9, taken from Seattle located in South Pacific; father in custody
NEW - 06:27 AM Costumes with coats: Wet, cool Halloween in forecast
UPDATE - 07:45 AM Two crashes on northbound I-5 snarl traffic
UPDATE - 08:00 AM Quarantines rarely used, effectiveness questioned
UPDATE - 08:06 AM Viral video documents New York street harassment
UPDATE - 07:51 AM Police: Poison likely killed Utah family of 5
UPDATE - 08:00 AM Senate control could turn on 2 independents' moves
NEW - 04:53 AM Wait for daughter's body ends on her 17th birthday
Entertainment & Living
NEW - 06:15 AM Oct. 30 TV Picks: ‘The McCarthys’ series premiere
UPDATE - 08:03 AM Suge Knight, Katt Williams charged with robbery
- Tasty Two: Will Twix or Reese's be crowned best Halloween candy?
NEW - 06:15 AM Chick-fil-A planning three Washington restaurants
UPDATE - 06:35 AM Daily Rant&Rave: Hockey gear lost and found
The FBI's actions in this case undermined the credibility of press organizations who hold government accountable -- and that matters.Editorial: "FBI exploited press credibility in bomb ruse"
- Editorial: In 45th District race, look past the political spin
- Editorial: The Times recommends to approve Highline Public Schools bond measure
- UPDATE - 06:37 AM Should college athletes be paid for performance?
- Guest: Compassion needed to tackle youth justice in King County
- NEW - 07:05 AM Marysville school shooting: Violent media are causing violence
- NEW - 06:05 AM Immigration crisis: The role of the U.S. in damaging Central American countries
- Affordable housing: Making sure everyone has community's interest in mind
- Downtown school: School Board hasn't put in the necessary effort
UPDATE - 08:00 AM For-profit colleges face 'gainful employment' rule