NOAA workers hand a net onto a boat for a recent survey of fish, including herring, off Whidbey Island. The herring population is a fraction of what it once was, raising questions about a possible link to the decline in marine birds.
Many in Bellevue have complained that placing the maintenance yard at the old BNSF site would undercut plans to turn the Bel-Red Corridor into a lively, high-density, mixed-use development.
UPDATE - 10:03 AM
Seahawks GM: Lynch ‘made a decision not to be here’
Team general manager John Schneider wouldn't talk specifics, but his comments seemed to confirm that the team isn't interested in giving Lynch a new deal.
- UPDATE - 09:54 AM Fire area spared from lightning; many still without power
- Fight over Seattle parks plan heats up as Aug. 5 election nears
- UPDATE - 10:58 AM Taiwan plane survivor crawls out, phones dad
- 2 critically injured in shooting outside bank in Central Area
- Amazon shares sink on quarterly loss
- Interactive map: What your neighborhood says about you
- State Rep. Mike Hope resigns from Legislature
- NEW - 10:16 AM Which restaurant isn't on the Wine Spectator awards list?
UPDATE - 09:44 AM Map: What your Seattle address says about you | FYI Guy
UPDATE - 11:04 AM Boy who had disappeared while picking berries has been found
UPDATE - 10:58 AM Australia, Netherlands ready to secure crash site
UPDATE - 10:58 AM Transcript shows concerns during Arizona execution
UPDATE - 11:04 AM 50 children from Mexican border taken to Oregon
UPDATE - 10:58 AM Cause sought for gunfight between patient, doctor
UPDATE - 09:19 AM Michigan dog owner may be charged in fatal attack
UPDATE - 10:57 AM Pot may be legal, but homeowner agreements can ban
UPDATE - 10:57 AM Big family hit by Sandy to share lottery winnings
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 11:06 AM 'Boyhood' expanding to additional theaters soon
UPDATE - 10:01 AM Daily Rant & Rave: Fly like an eagle? Concert promoters are turkeys
NEW - 10:43 AM The Charms of Chippy's Fish & Drink
- Editorial: EPA acts to protect Bristol Bay
- Historians will recall leaders’ inaction | Ann McFeatters / Syndicated columnist
- UPDATE - 09:19 AM 'The Mikado,' yellowface and seeing the Seattle show
- Guest: Where are the U.S. ambassadors?
UPDATE - 10:45 AM Fast food workers prepare to escalate wage demands