Seattleites Shannon and Mike Mills have rented out their house and quit their jobs to travel around the world on a three-year motorcycle trip with their dog, Ducati. They call their philosophy of prioritizing adventure within the context of a normal life "sustainable unaccountability." The Mills are just one of several families planning worldwide trips.
The city had planned to make the bike lane a protected route in less than two weeks.
- NEW - 08:48 PM Burn site in Auburn raises homicide suspicions
- UPDATE - 08:52 PM Anti-Ebola drug works in trial with monkeys
- NEW - 07:17 PM Danny Westneat: Right wing launches misguided protest against Labor Day
- UPDATE - 08:15 PM Terrelle Pryor to be released by Seahawks
- Mariners: Montero’s season over after altercation with scout
- LIVE Mariners vs. Nationals
NEW - 09:05 PM Bellevue now denies drain filters caused flood damage
UPDATE - 09:12 PM At heart of Syria fears, extremists returning home
UPDATE - 07:40 PM Increasingly, retirees dump their possessions and hit the road
UPDATE - 09:09 PM Russian-backed rebels aim to push west along coast
UPDATE - 08:52 PM 1K-pound alligator caught in Alabama sets record
Entertainment & Living
NEW - 12:13 PM Greek yogurt you’ll swear came from the gods | Taste
Most kids head back to school next week, but more can be done to help children from poor families get ready for the challenges of a new year.Editorial: "Still time to help students with school-supply drive"
- Editorial: In wake of Ferguson, expand Seattle police outreach to more communities of color
- Editorial: Seattle needs to help Nickelsville instead of sticking it to Little Saigon
- Editorial notebook: What are your discoveries, disasters about moving to Seattle?
- Guest: Coping with the angst of dropping off your child at college
UPDATE - 08:28 PM Chris Petersen’s first UW game: Prepare to be impressed | Jerry Brewer
UPDATE - 08:10 PM Chad Barrett making most of chance with Sounders
UPDATE - 09:14 PM UW vs. Hawaii: Chris Petersen era set to begin
UPDATE - 08:23 PM Raiders 41, Seahawks 31: Three things we learned
UPDATE - 07:10 PM What’s new in back-to-school tech gadgets
UPDATE - 07:12 PM McDonald’s faces test in Russia as politics bite into U.S. symbol