Elizabeth Campbell, above, is the major force behind a Seattle ballot measure to fund planning for a new monorail line between Ballard and West Seattle. But critics say a new monorail project would siphon attention and resources away from ongoing efforts to improve bus service and extend light rail.
Joshua Wong, 17, emerged as a figure in Hong Kong's activist circles two years ago, when he rallied students against a government plan for "patriotic education."
- UPDATE - 09:20 AM Officials: About 80 being monitored for Ebola in Texas
- We still don’t ‘get’ women as equals | Jerry Large
- Virtual reality: Seattle's next gold rush?
- Shuttered Balagan Theatre amassed unpaid bills of $340,000
- Shoplifting suspect stabbed in Bellevue
- UPDATE - 08:46 AM Seahawks QB Russell Wilson: 'I used to beat people up'
NEW - 09:09 AM Child struck by driver in Rainier Valley remains in ICU
UPDATE - 09:22 AM Deputies investigate home-invasion robbery near Kent
NEW - 07:47 AM Seattle man sentenced in child porn network
UPDATE - 09:23 AM Faceoff in Hong Kong: 3 sides, all with options
UPDATE - 09:23 AM Hong Kong leader offers talks with protesters
UPDATE - 09:25 AM Firm says phone apps spy on Hong Kong protesters
UPDATE - 09:12 AM No action from high court on gay marriage
UPDATE - 09:15 AM Minneapolis community fights recruiters for jihad
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 09:23 AM ‘Gone Girl’: All we’ll say is, go see it | Movie review
UPDATE - 09:20 AM UK royals issue warning over Prince George pics
Public records do not become private property when created and stored on personal devices. The information in public records belongs to the people ...Brian Sonntag and Rob McKenna guest column: "Public officials give up some privacy on personal cellphones"
- Editorial: Seattle’s special-education program needs more pressure from the state, school district
- Editorial: The Times recommends Ross Hunter, Joan McBride and Cyrus Habib in the 48th District
- Love craft beer? Thank a farmworker, and pay them better
- Another delay for the Burke-Gilman's 'missing link,' and an alternative
UPDATE - 09:25 AM Hong Kong protests hit city's role as finance hub