South Korean rescue team boats and fishing boats try to rescue passengers of a sinking ferry that was carrying more than 450 people, mostly high school students on an overnight trip. More than 280 people are missing despite a frantic, hours-long rescue. At least four are confirmed dead and 55 injured.
PROS AND CONS: King County voters are being asked to increase their sales taxes and their car-tab fees to fund Metro transit and fix roads. Here's an assessment of some arguments being made.
- No felony charges for 2 firefighters, woman in attack on homeless man
- Mayor to feuding wage panel: Reach a deal on $15 plan soon or I’ll do it
- Strip-club owner was unaware of illegal activity, suit says
- UPDATE - 10:53 AM Are the Mariners pulling up Nick Franklin?
- LIVE Talk Seahawks with Bob Condotta
UPDATE - 12:00 PM Man charged with marathon hoax held on high bail
UPDATE - 11:45 AM Ford to offer 50th anniversary Mustang
UPDATE - 12:00 PM Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
UPDATE - 11:29 AM Alleged serial killings highlight GPS limits
UPDATE - 11:29 AM Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
UPDATE - 10:39 AM End of NYPD Muslim surveillance program applauded
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 11:49 AM Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, cancels 2nd show
He comes from a place where obligations to family and community, not individual ambitions, shape a life.Krista Bremer, guest column: "When you're a white American married to a minority Muslim"
- Editorial: Rodney Tom leaves legacy of bipartisanship in Olympia
- Editorial: Benjamin Nuñez-Marquez’ deportation highlights need for immigration reform
- The problem with taxing bicyclists in Seattle
- NEW - 11:20 AM Dan Snyder’s attempt to buy off Native Americans over NFL team name | Leonard Pitts Jr. / Syndicated columnist
UPDATE - 11:17 AM Starbucks moving European HQ to London
UPDATE - 11:08 AM Janet Yellen's three questions | Jon Talton
UPDATE - 11:39 AM US stocks rise, extending gains into third day