FALL HOME DESIGN | “Here I work and have time to reflect and plan,” Anna Hoover says of her freecycled, recycled 693-square-foot cabin on Key Peninsula, a place its designers, Les Eerkes and Olson Kundig Architects, call Scavenger Hut. A sculpture by John Hoover, her father, stands in the corner.
UPDATE - 10:09 PM
Canada’s leader: Deadly shooting rampage was terrorist attack
A masked gunman killed a soldier at Canada's war memorial Wednesday, then stormed Parliament before he was killed by the sergeant-at-arms. Canada's prime minister called it the country's second terrorist attack in three days.
- UPDATE - 09:24 PM Another jumper clears White House fence
- UPDATE - 09:59 PM Rain shatters record — and more is on the way
- UPDATE - 10:15 PM Suspension overturned for SPD officer in use-of-force case
- NEW - 08:22 PM Seattle-area nurse monitored for possible Ebola infection
- UPDATE - 09:53 PM Ex-official may be charged with stealing gun-measure signs
- Boeing shares fall on worries about 787 costs, cash flow
- Online home broker Redfin acquires walkability data site
- UPDATE - 08:49 PM After shopping trip, bear to undergo rehab in Lynnwood
- Decoding the ballot measures for state and Seattle voters
- UPDATE - 09:09 PM Mariners fans can look at Royals’ ride and be jealous | Stone
UPDATE - 10:04 PM Seattle preschool vote gains national attention
UPDATE - 10:02 PM 5 finalists for Bellevue police chief to meet the public Thursday
UPDATE - 08:49 PM Aetna deal promises more affordable, better health care in Puget Sound
NEW - 08:39 PM Judge sets March 16 for trial for mentally ill in jails case
NEW - 08:43 PM Princess in cockfighting case gets probation
UPDATE - 09:18 PM Dallas hospital under scrutiny over Ebola crisis
UPDATE - 09:32 PM Kenny G distances self from Hong Kong protesters
UPDATE - 10:09 PM Probe: UNC academic fraud was 'shadow curriculum'
NEW - 09:58 PM Zuckerberg speaks Chinese; Beijing students cheer
UPDATE - 10:14 PM AP NewsBreak: Prisons agree to end race policy
UPDATE - 09:07 PM Palestinian kills baby at Jerusalem station
UPDATE - 09:24 PM Blackwater guards found guilty in Iraq shootings
Entertainment & Living
- The Flavorful Four: Vote for your favorite Halloween candy
Inmates' families should not be taxed to stay in touch. That is a clear example of public policies being at cross-purposes: short-term revenue gained at the expense of long-term recidivism.Editorial: "FCC right to scrutinize exorbitant prison phone fees"
UPDATE - 08:37 PM Penalties continue to be a problem for Seahawks
UPDATE - 10:02 PM Royals get even in World Series, beat Giants 7-2 in Game 2
UPDATE - 08:24 PM Cougars’ offensive line has been a strong point
UPDATE - 09:58 PM Google unveils app for managing Gmail inboxes