Capturing a real-estate video he narrates in Chinese, Joseph Ho pays close attention to a hand-painted ceiling. Buyers from China have inquired about the 5,540-square-foot house, listed for almost $5 million. Experts say China's superrich are investing in Seattle-area real estate in growing numbers.
A big market and a new commissioner might open the door for Seattle to get an expansion team.
- IRS was perplexed, inundated with tax-exempt applications
- Premiums under new health-care law remain same
- Cancer survivor exudes calm in Legislature’s budget battles
- It’s time to limit presidency to one term | Danny Westneat
- 1 winning ticket sold in Fla. on Powerball
- Sounders knock off FC Dallas; extend unbeaten streak to six
- Three Sheets Northwest | Harmless red algae blooms showing up on Puget Sound
- My Edmonds News | Firefighters rescue kayaker from Lake Ballinger Friday night
- My Ballard | Syttende Mai takes over the streets of Ballard
- Capitol Hill Seattle Blog | Finding no good fortune on 14th, Lucky 8s China House to close
- The Sammamish Review | City Council hears specifics on demographics, economic challenges
My college guidance in high school was trial and error. I took the SAT test without preparing for it and applied to colleges I had never visited.Lynne K. Varner, column: "Helping high-school students navigate the next step"
Entertainment & Living
- Watch the winners of the 2013 3-Minute Masterpiece film contest