Times reader Gloria Zmuda Nagler shot this photo at Seattle's Matthews Beach Park, on Lake Washington. She dubbed it "Seagull Channeling Swan." Here are 10 photos we love from hundreds of great images submitted this year.
Twelve officers in the Seattle Police Department’s East Precinct will participate in a pilot program to test body cameras and the policy by which they will be used.
- ‘Buck up,’ Inslee says, as he makes case for new taxes
- Workers concerned: 2 more air-bag accidents on undelivered Boeing jets
- UPDATE - 01:36 PM Lawmakers jab Supreme Court: bill would make races partisan
- Medicare to cut payments to area hospitals over safety issues
- UPDATE - 01:14 PM Prepackaged caramel apples linked to 5 deaths
- Seattle district report: Ex-schools official shared bids, violated policies
- UPDATE - 12:11 PM Fortune made from Microsoft snatches L.A. manse from Beyonce, Jay-Z | Brier Dudley
- Wet, warm weekend poses flood danger, confounds skiers
UPDATE - 01:33 PM Egypt's gays go deeper underground, fearing crackdown
UPDATE - 12:01 PM Colorado vows to defend pot law against states' challenge
UPDATE - 01:37 PM Flu season, early again, hitting hard in South and Midwest
UPDATE - 01:46 PM Bergdahl investigation wraps up; top leaders get briefings
UPDATE - 01:07 PM Spy's parents search for son after Cuba-US deal
UPDATE - 11:50 AM Least productive Congress? Not this one, barely
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 12:36 PM Bumbershoot to partner with Showbox Presents/AEG Live
UPDATE - 01:44 PM Gold medalist Michael Phelps pleads guilty to DUI
Even when challenges or misunderstandings arise, the truth is that we all want the same thing: safety for the public, protection for taxpayers and daylight for Bertha.Lynn Peterson guest column: "WSDOT explains the settling, liability and safety of the Highway 99 tunnel project"
UPDATE - 12:15 PM 2014-15 college bowl preview: Plenty to see here | Bud Withers
UPDATE - 01:15 PM CEO gets two years’ pay to go away | Sunday Buzz
NEW - 11:48 AM Air France-KLM to delay buying Boeing 777s after profit hit
UPDATE - 01:02 PM T-Mobile settles cramming case for $90 million