UPDATE - 01:42 PM
Up your Super Bowl drink game with Hawktails
Corinne Chin / THE SEATTLE TIMES
Toast to Super Bowl XLIX with Seahawks-inspired cocktail recipes from four Seattle-area bartenders. Don't worry: the recipes aren't nearly as convoluted as the Patriots' mass-substitution-four-lineman-formation.
Religious leaders say fees and restrictions in some Eastside cities make it harder to host tent cities.
- UPDATE - 12:22 PM Man arrested for carrying golf club says SPD officer was ‘out of control’
- Garfield High School teacher hit by pepper spray files claim against city
- UPDATE - 02:20 PM Investigators: Co-pilot flew crashed AirAsia jet
- UPDATE - 01:58 PM Amazon shares jump as earnings top expectations
- Lynch ends Super Bowl media stalemate with statement and silence
UPDATE - 01:30 PM Decision looms over captive orca, but fate of Lolita unclear
- Watch it: UW attempts umbrella dance record
UPDATE - 02:20 PM Families plead for lives of IS hostages as swap hopes fade
UPDATE - 12:20 PM Panel recommending changes to military health care, benefits
UPDATE - 02:20 PM Senate passes bill approving Keystone XL oil pipeline
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 01:13 PM Seattle, Massachusetts museums join Super Bowl wagering
After decades in the public eye, Chai and Bamboo deserve to retire. No more forced breeding. No more forced socializing. Send them to a safe place where, finally, they can just be.Editorial: "Give Woodland Park Zoo elephants Bamboo and Chai much-needed retirement"
- Editorial: 3 ways the Legislature can help community-college students
- Editorial: Give Woodland Park Zoo elephants Bamboo and Chai much-needed retirement
- Guest: Gov. Inslee’s capital-gains tax idea is dead on arrival
- Should marijuana home grows be legal in Washington?
UPDATE - 12:23 PM W. Seattle nips Blanchet as Sarver sinks 2 big ones at end
NEW - 01:19 PM Prep stars of the week