Cleveland High School senior fullback Ramsay Castillo’s tutelage has the Eagles soaring again — on and off the field. Castillo, wearing a baseball cap, helps fellow football player Micah Houston Freeman with his homework during an after-school study hall. At left is Robert Newman.
If I-591 passes along with I-594, which would expand background checks, the issue could go to the courts.
- It’s health-care decision time for some big employers
- Complaints mounted against sheriff’s civilian watchdog
- Monorail campaign stalling? Even named backers not along for ride
- Backpage.com asks court to throw out sex trafficking suit
- Seattle drivers seeing red as bus-only lanes installed
- Hey, we’re world class! For terrible traffic | Danny Westneat
- Don’t expect Pete Carroll to change form on reclamation projects | Jerry Brewer
UPDATE - 02:38 AM Marine suspect guarded by US in Philippine camp
UPDATE - 01:58 AM Ebola victim's sister says hospital denied request
UPDATE - 02:52 AM FBI: Denver girls may have tried to join jihadis
Entertainment & Living
- The Flavorful Four: Vote for your favorite Halloween candy
Inmates' families should not be taxed to stay in touch. That is a clear example of public policies being at cross-purposes: short-term revenue gained at the expense of long-term recidivism.Editorial: "FCC right to scrutinize exorbitant prison phone fees"
UPDATE - 02:01 AM NFL power rankings: Seahawks continue their stumble