ELLEN M. BANNER AND KATIE G. COTTERILL / THE SEATTLE TIMES
This crane, at work on a 12-story building, is one of many towering over the landscape in the booming area, home to Amazon.com. "People pay millions to live in the buildings I build to get this view," crane operator Tom Logan says, "and I get it every day by just coming to work."
UPDATE - 11:51 AM
Virgin Galactic says space tourism rocket lost
The rocket has been lost in Southern California and the pilots' status is unclear.
NEW - 10:48 AM 2 people shot in Vancouver; police searching for suspect
UPDATE - 11:51 AM Trooper ambush suspect in court after long manhunt
UPDATE - 10:54 AM US ambassador says she's monitoring for Ebola
UPDATE - 11:51 AM Brittany Maynard: New face of right-to-die
NEW - 09:52 AM Drivers scramble for flying cash on Md. highway
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 11:14 AM Rowling reveals new tidbits on Pottermore site
NEW - 10:49 AM Scary Movie Week: Happy Halloween!
- Tasty Two: Will Twix or Reese's be crowned best Halloween candy?
NEW - 11:12 AM Skating: Just roll with it | Fit for Life
The FBI's actions in this case undermined the credibility of press organizations who hold government accountable -- and that matters.Editorial: "FBI exploited press credibility in bomb ruse"
- Editorial: Find the money to keep Public Health — Seattle & King County’s Auburn site open
- Editorial: In 45th District race, look past the political spin
- Ebola aid workers can't be trusted
- UPDATE - 11:21 AM Remembering what skulls really stand for on Halloween
UPDATE - 10:44 AM Vote: Was the Fed's QE successful? | Jon Talton