Joel DeJong heads out from a section of woods in Cheasty Greenspace where volunteering Cleveland High School students helped clear away blackberry vines and English ivy. A proposal to develop mountain-bike trails in the Beacon Hill greenspace has found support as well as opposition. Some residents favor more active uses, while others want it to remain natural.
Nearly half that cost comes from the Carlton complex fire, with a tally of $23.3 million.Those figures don’t include loss of property and damage to infrastructure.
- Need for a WSU medical school questioned
- Biologists track fish recovery in tough conditions on Elwha River
- Pot farmers’ bumpy road to market
- Oil trains crowd out grain shipments to Northwest ports
- Old film clips found in storage locker turn into unexpected gift
- Zillow to acquire Trulia for $3.5B in all-stock deal
- Seahawks Daily Top 10: Sherman talks, Lynch fines add up
UPDATE - 01:15 PM Gun-wielding robber hits Capitol Hill bank
UPDATE - 11:52 AM The Blue Angels return
- Daily Rant & Rave: What kind of nerd steals a calculator?
UPDATE - 01:23 PM New fears about Ebola spread after plane scare
UPDATE - 01:23 PM US fuming over Israeli criticism of Kerry
UPDATE - 01:23 PM Deal to improve veterans' health care costs $17B
UPDATE - 01:23 PM Fighting in Ukraine prompts residents to flee
UPDATE - 01:09 PM Lawyer: Wife plotted to take over Sterling trust
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 01:09 PM Byron Scott says he will be LA Lakers' new coach
We had offered a way for audiences, Asian American and white, to enjoy the true musical beauty and humor of this operetta, without the demeaning stereotypes and yellowface acting.Rick Shiomi, guest column: "Making 'The Mikado' without Asian stereotypes"
Agree or disagree with his politics and policies, Mayor Schell (along with many other politicians) should get our respect and thanks for at least stepping up and taking action by trying to make a difference through government.Comment by "Coug By Association" on "Paul Schell remembered for vision, mayoral term marked by crises"
- Editorial: The Times recommends state Rep. Ruth Kagi in 32nd District, Position 2
- UPDATE - 12:06 PM Editorial: The Times recommends keeping Snohomish County Sheriff Ty Trenary
- B.C. premier vows sewage treatment for Victoria — someday
- New York Times joins Seattle Times in calling for marijuana legalization
UPDATE - 01:22 PM FAA proposes to fine Southwest Airlines $12M
UPDATE - 01:13 PM Contractor admits to role in bribery scheme
UPDATE - 01:13 PM Amazon offers 3-D printed products
- Boeing ready to help Iran keep airliners flying | Sunday Buzz
- Oil trains crowd out grain shipments to NW ports