Seattle Mayor Ed Murray spoke today about the effort to raise the city's minimum wage to $15 an hour, after the committee on the issue failed to reach a deal between business and labor on Wednesday. Above, Paula Lukaszek, left, and other supporters of raising the minimum wage surround City Hall.
UPDATE - 03:33 PM
Rush-hour trips, late suburban bus service on Metro’s cut list
The first wave of King County Metro Transit cuts in September will focus on reducing peak-time trips, rather than leaving cities or neighborhoods completely stranded.
- UPDATE - 02:46 PM State is first to lose No Child waiver
- Log wall at base of mudslide hill required repeated repairs
- UPDATE - 03:49 PM Microsoft's 3Q earnings beat analysts' expectations
- UPDATE - 02:50 PM Source: Ex-Boston police commissioner is candidate for SPD chief
- UPDATE - 04:00 PM NHL commissioner slams brakes on Seattle expansion plans
UPDATE - 02:44 PM Seattle set to beat precipitation record; avalanche danger in Cascades
UPDATE - 04:31 PM Ukraine moves against insurgents in the east
UPDATE - 04:31 PM Gunman kills 3 Americans at Kabul hospital
UPDATE - 04:24 PM US proposes pay-for-priority Internet standards
UPDATE - 04:20 PM Nevada rancher condemned for racist remarks
UPDATE - 03:44 PM First lady gets resume from girl with jobless dad
Entertainment & Living
Poor planning and wrongheaded federal rules have put Washington's nationally lauded chemical-dependency treatment community in critical condition...Jonathan Martin, column: "Obamacare's drug problem"
- Editorial: After failure of King County Prop. 1, hard work on Metro needed
- NEW - 04:31 PM Editorial: Crack down on online prostitution sites like backpage.com
- Poll: Do you want Aereo to expand to Seattle?
- UPDATE - 04:15 PM Apart from Seattle’s minimum-wage debate, America needs a pay raise | Lance Dickie / Times editorial columnist
- UPDATE - 04:13 PM High-school counselors: Training won’t create time for advising
- Bicycle Master Plan: Require training, exams, licensing and toll collection for bicyclists
- The Legislature needs to pass a transportation package that includes transit funding
- $15 minimum wage would result in reduced server wages, quality of service
UPDATE - 02:48 PM PayScale lands $100M from Warburg Pincus
UPDATE - 04:32 PM $1.8B methanol plant planned for Port of Tacoma
UPDATE - 04:19 PM Google's top social networking executive departs