Tents are set up Monday on the soccer field at the Carlton complex center for operations at Liberty Bell Junior-Senior High School in Winthrop. Firefighters from all over the country are resting there after shifts battling the largest fire in the state’s recorded history, which isn't expected to be out any time soon.
UPDATE - 10:20 AM
Appeals court strikes down major part of health-care law
A D.C. court ruled that tax subsidies central to Obamacare can only be provided in states that have set up their own exchanges, not the three dozen states using the federal exchange.
- I-90 traffic was smooth Monday, but here comes Obama
- Obama fundraising visit to enrich Democratic super PAC
- UPDATE - 10:20 AM Crash victims' remains reach Ukraine-held city
- UPDATE - 10:17 AM Scientists can’t pinpoint cause of deadly Oso mudslide
- Israeli official: Not all strikes on civilians are by mistake
- UPDATE - 10:10 AM New study sheds light on genes' role in schizophrenia
NEW - 09:45 AM 50 personal items recovered a day from Oso mudslide
UPDATE - 10:13 AM Dad: Boys charged in homeless deaths once homeless
UPDATE - 10:20 AM US airlines scrap Israel flights over missile fear
UPDATE - 10:13 AM 11 parents of Nigeria's abducted girls die
UPDATE - 10:09 AM Driver stops to help ducklings, gets $100 ticket
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 09:19 AM Sub Pop releasing Sarah Silverman's new album on vinyl, CD and digitally
NEW - 10:18 AM Toronto International Film Festival: first announcements
The region has been through a lot since I arrived in 1988. Mood swings, economic swings and lots of chatter.Lance Dickie column: "Puget Sound's tenacity of spirit"
I have no problem with the Pres fund raising, it's part of how our political system runs today, however, with all that's happening in the world and here at home, it seems as though he should have his butt firmly planted in the oval office working on these issues.Comment by "Clew" on "Obama fundraising visit to enrich Democratic super PAC"
- Editorial: Shame on Russian President Vladimir Putin
- Editorial: The warning sign for state DOT in Skagit bridge collapse
- Guest: The publishers, not Amazon, keep authors down
- State's editorial boards: Some praise, some snort at Inslee's fish-consumption proposal
- 2014 World Cup coverage
NEW - 10:08 AM A trio of summer business reading
UPDATE - 09:16 AM Comcast 2Q earnings top views on Internet hookups
- Solid expansion taking hold in Tacoma | Jon Talton