JERRY BREWER: As coach Chris Petersen molds a program that Steve Sarkisian resuscitated from zero wins to four straight bowls, his mission is as clear and challenging as his celebrated arrival suggests.
One man was arrested and another questioned by police Wednesday in connection with the fatal shooting of two people at a gas station in Kent.
- UPDATE - 04:57 PM Record $17 billion settlement in mortgage probe of BofA
- UPDATE - 05:02 PM City moves to dismiss lawsuit by SPD officers
- UPDATE - 03:24 PM Effort to restore grizzlies in N. Cascades gets rolling
- UPDATE - 05:01 PM American Ebola survivor: ‘I am thrilled to be alive’
- UPDATE - 03:46 PM Seattle architecture firm Callison bought by Dutch giant
- UPDATE - 03:48 PM Adios to Aragona: Restaurant's concept goes Italian
UPDATE - 03:26 PM Defendant calls four slayings justified, charging papers say
UPDATE - 05:01 PM Court rules against state in health-benefits case
UPDATE - 04:45 PM US special ops tried but failed to find hostages
UPDATE - 05:01 PM Gov. Nixon taking National Guard out of Ferguson
UPDATE - 03:11 PM Thai army ruler named prime minister
UPDATE - 04:17 PM George W. Bush takes ice bucket challenge
UPDATE - 04:34 PM Noodles: Friend or foe? S. Koreans defend diet
Entertainment & Living
Patients are routinely forced through a maze of bureaucratic review procedures to get authorization for treatment...Sean Corry, Eleanor Hamburger, guest column: "Enforce state's mental-health parity law"
- Editorial: Racial disparities are behind Ferguson, Mo., unrest
- Should Obama go to Ferguson?
- Guest: Students should not have been expelled for marijuana at Bishop Blanchet High School
UPDATE - 04:24 PM Boeing’s Conner takes Ice Bucket challenge
UPDATE - 04:57 PM Stocks advance to put S&P 500 at a record high