Storyteller and dancer Gene Tagaban performs with Seahawks-colored wood feathers and a red cedar mask at a Super Bowl rally Friday at the Burke Museum on the University of Washington campus. The Burke has another mask, the Kwakwaka'wakw transformation mask that inspired the original Seattle Seahawks logo, on display through July 27.
UPDATE - 09:43 PM
Boeing sees record profits but reduces bonuses
Salaried nonmanagement employees are expressing disappointment. Commercial Airplanes chief Ray Conner says they did not “far exceed” targets like last year.
- Officer in golf-club case accused of stealing pot
- UPDATE - 09:25 PM Eastside trail project taking a big step forward
- Bertha's repair pit reaches full depth of 120 feet
- Costco to return $2.2B to shareholders
- Ice cream firm back in business after recall
- Seattle vs. Boston on the economic playing field | Jon Talton
- UPDATE - 10:10 PM Roger Goodell still a commissioner under siege | Larry Stone
UPDATE - 10:02 PM Boston mayor refuses Super Bowl bet with Mayor Murray
UPDATE - 09:07 PM From poets to hippies, Hawks fans cross all lines
UPDATE - 11:04 PM Rap music mogul 'Suge' Knight arrested in fatal hit-and-run
UPDATE - 11:04 PM Balloon crew makes history crossing Pacific Ocean
Entertainment & Living
After decades in the public eye, Chai and Bamboo deserve to retire. No more forced breeding. No more forced socializing. Send them to a safe place where, finally, they can just be.Editorial: "Give Woodland Park Zoo elephants Bamboo and Chai much-needed retirement"
- Editorial: State Senate is sensible in banning openly carried firearms
- Editorial: Decriminalize fantasy sports betting in Washington, for the little guys
- Bandwagon Seattle Seahawks fan or fan for life?
- Europe’s Greek test | Paul Krugman / Syndicated columnist
UPDATE - 10:32 PM Prep girls basketball: Kennedy Catholic 62, Hazen 37
UPDATE - 09:08 PM Patriots fans trickle in to find sea of Seahawks supporters
UPDATE - 09:12 PM Seahawks Fan Buzz: Bus bashing in honor of Blue Friday