A fast start Saturday night helped to wipe away some lingering frustrations about the Huskies' poor finish a week earlier. QB Cyler Miles had his most efficient passing performance of the season. Above, UW’s Darrell Daniels catches a pass from Miles.
On leave since July, the operations director for Washington State Ferries confirmed late Saturday that he has been fired.
- Student convicted in fatal Des Moines crash deported
- Former DC Mayor Marion Barry dies at 78
- As heroin fatalities rise, some see hope in ‘bupe’
- Program gives incentives, security for landlords who rent to homeless
- Metro fined over restroom issues for bus drivers
- Thanksgiving travel? Plan ahead, pack your patience
- Immigration speech the high point of Obama’s presidency | Danny Westneat
NEW - 06:00 AM Rant and Rave: Thanks, Seahawks
- Zoo to elephant activists: You wanted them moved, right? | The Wrap / Ron Judd
Entertainment & Living
NEW - 06:00 AM Holiday activities 2014: Things to do in and around Seattle
NEW - 06:15 AM Nov. 23 TV Picks: ‘Holiday Baking Championship’ on Food
NEW - 06:15 AM Sunday Best: Designer Colleen Atwood heads ‘Into the Woods’
NEW - 06:15 AM 7 healthful foods for your holiday feast
NEW - 06:15 AM How to treat arthritis pain with gin-soaked raisins
The focus for all lawmakers should be to ensure that new investment in education is tied to a demonstrable reversing of disappointing outcomes for students.Editorial: "Voters have returned a delicate balancing act to Olympia"
- Editorial: President Obama did what Congress would not and acted on immigration
- Bill Cosby, serial rapist? That’s a lot to forgive
- If politicians love kids, they would invest in early education | Nicholas D. Kristof
- Love and the power of gravity | David Brooks / Syndicated columnist
NEW - 08:00 PM Advice from indexing’s patron saint, Jack Bogle | Your Funds