A Liberian Army soldier, part of the Ebola Task Force, enforces a quarantine Wednesday on the West Point slum of Monrovia, Liberia. Over the weekend, residents angry about the placement of an Ebola center in the area attacked the facility, chasing away sick patients and carrying off bloody sheets and other, possibly contaminated items.
UPDATE - 10:11 PM
Suspect arrested in slaying of 2 in Kent
One man was arrested and another detained by police Wednesday in connection with the fatal shooting of two people at a gas station in Kent.
- UPDATE - 10:19 PM Defendant calls four slayings justified, charging papers say
- UPDATE - 09:55 PM Mental-health official resigns after scrutiny of patients’ release
- UPDATE - 11:18 PM U.S. tried secret raid to rescue American hostages in Syria
- Mayor to seek levy to pay for police, fire services
- UPDATE - 10:47 PM Ferguson reveals a growing gap in a black and white world | Jerry Large
- UPDATE - 10:39 PM NFL to kick off season in Seattle with free concert, other events
- UPDATE - 10:47 PM Counterfeit Seahawks merchandise can be hard to tackle
- Daily Rant&Rave: Hold off on Halloween and Christmas
UPDATE - 11:18 PM Holder says he understands mistrust of police
UPDATE - 09:41 PM Indian guru B.K.S. Iyengar helped bring yoga to the West
UPDATE - 10:14 PM Slain journalist was drawn to conflict zones
NEW - 10:50 PM Was recalled car fixed? Answer now a click away
UPDATE - 11:18 PM Hamas says 3 senior leaders killed in Gaza strike
UPDATE - 09:59 PM Have a big wedding, live happily ever after?
Entertainment & Living
Patients are routinely forced through a maze of bureaucratic review procedures to get authorization for treatment...Sean Corry, Eleanor Hamburger, guest column: "Enforce state's mental-health parity law"
- Editorial: Racial disparities are behind Ferguson, Mo., unrest
- Editorial: Innovation would be stifled under FCC’s plans
- Continue the push for human rights in Vietnam
- Guest: Bishop Blanchet expulsion of students for marijuana needs rethinking
UPDATE - 10:49 PM Mariners frustrated after dropping game, and series, to Phillies
UPDATE - 09:26 PM Huskies hope to do a better job protecting quarterbacks
UPDATE - 10:45 PM High-school football practices get under way in the Seattle area
UPDATE - 09:19 PM Cliff Avril could be set for a big payday
UPDATE - 10:52 PM Sounders only manage a 1-1 tie with Earthquakes
UPDATE - 11:18 PM APNewsBreak: B ofA reaches $17B settlement with US
UPDATE - 11:04 PM Social media pushes back at militant propaganda