LARRY STONE: Today is Media Day at Super Bowl XLIX, and Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson’s responses to reporter’s questions will be robotic, relentless and, yes, sincere. Above, Wilson talks to reporters Sunday after the Seahawks arrived in Arizona for their matchup with New England.
Legislation expected to be filed this week in Olympia would go beyond the current ban on texting-and-driving. Lawmakers will now consider barring drivers from emailing, Web browsing and the like.
- UPDATE - 08:47 AM Storm unleashes blizzard conditions on Northeast
- 1 injured after shooting at Westfield Southcenter mall
- GOP senators introduce bill to kill Bertha and the tunnel project
- 3 arrested in 3 separate drive-by shootings in Seattle within 24 hours
- Bills to abolish death penalty introduced in Legislature
- State to get $48M from feds to help house homeless
- UW men’s basketball dismisses star center Robert Upshaw
UPDATE - 08:39 AM Bodies found after Ga. couple lured by Craigslist contact
UPDATE - 08:44 AM Obama defends US ties as he pays respects in Saudi Arabia
UPDATE - 08:04 AM US announces charges in New York Russian spy ring case
UPDATE - 08:49 AM Purported IS message threatens Japanese, Jordanian hostages
UPDATE - 07:47 AM Deputy lowered from chopper comes face to face with bears
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 08:50 AM An insightful staging of ‘The Three Sisters’ at ACT | Theater review
NEW - 07:01 AM Why do you need a gun at Costco?
While we should fix NCLB, we can't afford to stop holding states and schools accountable for the education of their students.Patty Murray guest column: "Congress needs to fix outdated federal No Child Left Behind education law"
- Editorial: Turning Federal Reserve building into a school is fitting for Seattle’s urban core
- Editorial: Voter initiatives need to include funding balance
- Guest: Let voters decide whether to raise the state minimum wage
- How globalization is supposed to work
UPDATE - 08:46 AM Facebook blames internal glitch for hourlong global outage