LIVE CHAT Fed up with this week's 90-minute commutes? Want to know why traffic in the Seattle area has suddenly come to a standstill? Have ideas to fix it? Questions about alternatives? Just need to vent? Join Seattle Times transportation reporter Mike Lindblom here.
UPDATE - 12:53 PM
Mother of Ottawa suspect: I cry for victims, not son
Susan Bibeau said she did not know what to say to those hurt in what authorities are calling a terrorist attack.
- UPDATE - 11:14 AM Competing preschool initiatives draw national interest
- UPDATE - 12:01 PM Homicide investigated near White Center
- UPDATE - 12:32 PM Suspected Westlake groper charged with assault
- Ex-official may be charged with stealing gun-measure yard signs
- Seattle-area nurse on Ebola watch as CDC expands checks
- Excavation under way at tunnel machine Bertha’s repair pit
UPDATE - 12:28 PM Alaska Air beats 3Q earnings expectations
UPDATE - 12:14 PM Mercer Street squeezed to one lane each way this weekend
NEW - 12:37 PM Woman pleads not guilty to rape of man in Seattle
UPDATE - 12:01 PM Partial solar eclipse begins at 1:35 p.m. today
UPDATE - 11:57 AM Massive cheating scandal at UNC involved athletes
UPDATE - 12:53 PM White House fence jumper held without bond
UPDATE - 12:43 PM Ebola: A crash course in fear and how it hurts us
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 11:38 AM Is Independent Pizzeria Seattle’s best pizza? | Restaurant review
UPDATE - 11:00 AM ‘Ouija’ calls on bland cast, makes boring moves | Movie review
NEW - 11:44 AM A toast to series finale of ‘Boardwalk Empire’
- The Flavorful Four: Vote for your favorite Halloween candy
Given the lack of clarity on what specific service Proposition 1 would fund, voters do not have a clear understanding of what they are voting to approve.Ben Stafford guest column: "Seattle's Metro Prop. 1 is not the right measure for today's realities"
- Editorial: Elect Kimi Kondo and Damon Shadid to Seattle Municipal Court
- Editorial: Time for police to drop opposition to federal consent decree
- NEW - 12:34 PM Bob Barker to Woodland Park Zoo elephants Bamboo and Chai: Come on down (to a sanctuary)!
- Guest: Halt turnover in school administration to improve education
UPDATE - 11:30 AM Pac-12 men's basketball media day live updates
UPDATE - 11:25 AM Early learning and the economy | Jon Talton
UPDATE - 12:09 PM Online home broker Redfin acquires walkability data site