White-painted “ghost bikes” symbolizing the death of a cyclist were part of a memorial Friday at Second Avenue and University Street downtown next to Benaroya Hall. Mourners gathered and passers-by left flowers after a rider died in a collision with a truck. The crash happened less than two weeks before Seattle was about to change the bike lane into a protected route.
UPDATE - 11:47 PM
The threat within: West fears extremists returning home
Thousands of radicalized Americans and Europeans are believed to be fighting in Syria and Iraq.
- Burn site raises homicide suspicions
- $1M from Bloomberg group to support background checks
- Pierce County judge upholds Fife ban on pot businesses
- Danny Westneat: Right wing launches misguided protest against Labor Day
- UPDATE - 11:16 PM Terrelle Pryor to be released by Seahawks
- UPDATE - 11:13 PM Mariners: Montero’s season over after altercation with scout
NEW - 12:00 AM What was wrong with ‘Puyallup Fair’? | The Wrap / Ron Judd
- NEW - 12:00 AM What was wrong with ‘Puyallup Fair’? | The Wrap / Ron Judd
UPDATE - 01:04 AM Experimental Ebola drug heals all monkeys in study
UPDATE - 01:04 AM California appeals teacher tenure ruling
Entertainment & Living
NEW - 12:04 AM Community Corner: Aug. 30-31
UPDATE - 01:08 AM Obama's tan suit buzzed around the world
Most kids head back to school next week, but more can be done to help children from poor families get ready for the challenges of a new year.Editorial: "Still time to help students with school-supply drive"
- Editorial: In wake of Ferguson, expand Seattle police outreach to more communities of color
- Editorial: Seattle needs to help Nickelsville instead of sticking it to Little Saigon
- Editorial notebook: What are your discoveries, disasters about moving to Seattle?
- Guest: Coping with the angst of dropping off your child at college
UPDATE - 11:35 PM Felix Hernandez gives up four homers for first time in Mariners loss