The Seattle monorail, built for the World’s Fair in 1962, runs on a one-mile route along Fifth Avenue from Seattle Center to Westlake Center. Citizen Petition No. 1 would raise money to plan a Ballard-to-West Seattle monorail by imposing a $5 license-tab fee on used vehicles, but it’s questionable whether Century Transportation Committee would be capable of carrying out its mission.
If I-591 passes along with I-594, which would expand background checks, the issue could go to the courts.
- UPDATE - 08:19 AM Commutes delayed after several accidents in Seattle area
- Seattle drivers seeing red as bus-only lanes installed
- Hey, we’re world class! For terrible traffic | Danny Westneat
- It’s health-care decision time for some big employers
- Complaints mounted against sheriff’s civilian watchdog
- UPDATE - 08:15 AM Secret Service agents sent to deal with personal dispute
- Don’t expect Carroll to change form on reclamation projects | Jerry Brewer
UPDATE - 07:40 AM Accident closes Boren at Virginia
UPDATE - 08:23 AM North Korean detainee reunites with family in Ohio
UPDATE - 08:22 AM Hearing postponed for man suspected in 7 killings
UPDATE - 08:22 AM Colorado girls make possible bid to join militants
UPDATE - 08:22 AM US journalist recovers; Ebola 'czar' gets to work
UPDATE - 08:21 AM Social Security benefits to go up by 1.7 percent
UPDATE - 06:40 AM Toys R Us pulls 'Breaking Bad' dolls
UPDATE - 07:55 AM Gov't seeks supplies for immigration documents
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 06:40 AM Actress Daniele Watts charged with lewd conduct
UPDATE - 07:14 AM Community calendar: festivals, fairs and more
- The Flavorful Four: Vote for your favorite Halloween candy
Inmates' families should not be taxed to stay in touch. That is a clear example of public policies being at cross-purposes: short-term revenue gained at the expense of long-term recidivism.Editorial: "FCC right to scrutinize exorbitant prison phone fees"
UPDATE - 08:21 AM Passenger jets push Boeing's profit up 18 percent