All Rise, a 14-month rotating installation of public art on Denny Way in Seattle's South Lake Union neighborhood, looks to engage passers-by. Starting at 5 p.m. today, 23 trumpet players will perform "Trumpet City: Seattle," by composer Craig Shepard, shown at right, for one hour at the pink-flag exhibit.
Remote Area Medical, with more than 500 local medical professionals and volunteers, is offering free health services through Sunday at Seattle Center.
- UPDATE - 09:31 AM Unease about Oregon first lady haunts governor’s re-election
- UPDATE - 11:06 AM NYC tries to ease Ebola fear after doctor infected
- Work on Bertha’s repair pit halted after discovery of shells
- Woman pleads not guilty to rape of man in Seattle
- Amazon’s stock tanks on weak earnings
- Seahawks players deny reports of a divided locker room
UPDATE - 11:11 AM Gunman in Canada attack complained about mosque
UPDATE - 11:10 AM Kerry says no apology to NKorea to free Americans
UPDATE - 10:31 AM 3 Istanbul consulates evacuated
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 11:11 AM Queen sends her first tweet, signed 'Elizabeth R'
- The Flavorful Four: Vote for your favorite Halloween candy
Given the lack of clarity on what specific service Proposition 1 would fund, voters do not have a clear understanding of what they are voting to approve.Ben Stafford guest column: "Seattle's Metro Prop. 1 is not the right measure for today's realities"
UPDATE - 11:08 AM US stocks rise broadly on earnings; Amazon sinks