Thousands of Seahawk fans cheered on the team from the streets of SeaTac to the airport in Phoenix as the Seahawks headed to the Super Bowl. Above, Seahawks fans cheer their team at Sky Harbor Airport in Phoenix.
Local schools are scrapping specialty classrooms, adding portables and paying teachers overtime in order to accomodate the additional students.
- Ship propeller killed whale found under Seattle ferry dock
- Time for health-care exchange customers to settle up taxes
- San Juan pot farmers face wrath of neighbors
- Intervention may work better than punishment in schools
- UPDATE - 04:10 PM NYC mayor: Storm could be biggest ever to hit city
- Elon Musk drops space plans into Seattle’s lap | Jon Talton
- Guess who’s discovered income inequality? | Danny Westneat
UPDATE - 02:49 PM Seattle shooting and car crash land 5 in hospital
- Girls, 11 and 15, injured in suspected DUI crash in Puyallup
- Man arrested in Hawaii crash that killed Issaquah bicyclist
- 4 robbed, assaulted in Seattle's Kobe Terrace Park
UPDATE - 04:10 PM Greek radical left wins election, threatening market turmoil
UPDATE - 04:12 PM Magnificent blue glow of Hong Kong seas also disturbing
UPDATE - 04:12 PM Measles outbreak casts spotlight on anti-vaccine movement
Entertainment & Living
While we should fix NCLB, we can't afford to stop holding states and schools accountable for the education of their students.Patty Murray guest column: "Congress needs to fix outdated federal No Child Left Behind education law"
- Editorial: Washington students need better laws at federal and state level
- Guest: West Coast ports are in rough seas due to slowdown
- Europe’s economy was wrecked in the name of responsibility | Paul Krugman / Syndicated columnist
NEW - 08:00 PM Coping with debt on a reduced income | Investing