A shooting outside a gas station left two men dead this morning. Officials say the cause of the dispute is unknown. Police responded around 8:40 a.m. to the shooting, a Kent police commander said. No arrest has been made. The suspect was described as a man in a dark-colored car.
The closure of Highway 99 in Seattle will bring big slowdowns into and out of downtown, especially for detoured buses.
- Extremists behead U.S. journalist, threaten to kill second captive
- UPDATE - 11:18 AM Obama: U.S. won't stop confronting Islamic State
- Lawmakers turn up the heat on troubled ferry system
- Danny Westneat: Seattle is no place to look for a Ferguson solution
- State’s women-owned firms missing out on SBA loans, federal contracts
- LIVE Game thread: Mariners at Phillies
UPDATE - 11:11 AM 2 men killed outside Kent gas station
UPDATE - 10:45 AM 36 dead, 7 missing in Hiroshima landslide
UPDATE - 11:16 AM Holder heads to Ferguson after subdued protests
UPDATE - 11:15 AM Flood cleanup begins in Phoenix after heavy storms
UPDATE - 11:17 AM Israeli premier: 'We will not stop' Gaza operation
UPDATE - 11:17 AM Ukrainian govt troops take over much of Luhansk
UPDATE - 11:17 AM WHO: West Africa Ebola death toll rises to 1,350
Entertainment & Living
Failure to provide them proper and timely care is a serious breach of social responsibility that touches all of us.Cassandra Ando, guest column: "How to help patients after the end of psychiatric boarding"
- Editorial: Innovation would be stifled under FCC’s plans
- Editorial: The Times recommends Reps. Steve Bergquist and Zack Hudgins in 11th District
- Continue the push for human rights in Vietnam
- Guest: Enforce state’s mental-health parity law
NEW - 10:11 AM State's GDP growth slowed in late '13