A tornado as much as a mile wide with winds up to 200 mph roared through the Oklahoma City suburbs Monday, flattening entire neighborhoods and destroying two elementary schools. Above, teachers carry children away from Briarwood Elementary School. Plaza Towers Elementary School was also hit. At least 51 people were reported killed.
UPDATE - 09:00 PM
Kemper Freeman planning $1.2B Bellevue expansion
The Eastside developer plans 2 million square feet of additional retail, office, hotel and residential space at Northeast 4th Street and Bellevue Way.
- NEW - 08:41 PM Merchants sing blues over Seattle waterfront projects
- NEW - 08:53 PM Records: Slain intruder showed signs of mental illness
- Apple used subsidiaries to skirt taxes, panel says
- Hansen vows to continue quest to bring NBA back
- UPDATE - 7:27 PM Carroll on Seahawks' problems off field: 'It's real serious'
UPDATE - 07:40 PM Police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
NEW - 07:36 PM Alaska volcano’s ash prompts flight cancellations
UPDATE - 08:04 PM More Obama aides knew of IRS audit; Obama not told
UPDATE - 08:32 PM Rove’s Crossroads group thinks it is under IRS scrutiny | Close-up
NEW - 08:25 PM Vote for mayor of L.A. will make history no matter who wins
- West Seattle Blog | West Seattleites behind the scenes at NW Folklife Festival
- Inside Bainbridge | Bainbridge Police Bust Multi-County Safeway Booze Burglar
- ParentMap | Teenworthy: My Fight on Cancer
- Inside Bainbridge | With 61 Young Victims, Upskirt Voyeur to Be Released in Time for Father's Day
- Shoreline Area News | Tent City 3 returns to Shoreline
The term "illegal immigrant" is dehumanizing, derogatory and destructive. . . . Humans are not illegal. Only their actions can be illegal.Hugo Balta, guest: "Stop using the term 'illegal immigrants' "
- Emeritus lawyers up for appeal of verdict | Sunday Buzz
Entertainment & Living
- Watch the winners of the 2013 3-Minute Masterpiece film contest