After the committee considering a $15 minimum wage in Seattle failed to reach a deal between business and labor on Wednesday, Mayor Ed Murray planned to announce his own proposal this week. Above, Paula Lukaszek, left, and other supporters of raising the minimum wage surround City Hall.
Less than a day after a King County tax measure lost, the group Friends of Transit announced a proposed property-tax initiative to fund buses in Seattle.
- Log wall at base of mudslide hill required repeated repairs
- Boeing CEO defends job transfers, but experts question rationale
- Woman said to be among 4 under consideration as SPD chief
- UPDATE - 06:27 AM Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- UPDATE - 06:31 AM FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Seahawks’ Russell Wilson, wife divorcing after 2 years
UPDATE - 06:27 AM Obama to Russia: More sanctions are 'teed up'
UPDATE - 06:27 AM Russia to hold new military exercises in southwest
UPDATE - 06:24 AM FCC to propose pay-for-priority Internet standards
UPDATE - 06:00 AM 1 year after factory collapse, Bangladeshis suffer
UPDATE - 06:11 AM Cleared of murder, man starts fresh 24 years later
Entertainment & Living
We need White House leadership to place the country's economic well-being before that of bankers. We need to rein in recklessness, not subsidize it with our taxes.Nomi Prins, guest column: "Break alliances between Wall Street and the White House"
- Editorial: After failure of King County Prop. 1, hard work on Metro needed
- Editorial: A disconnect for state’s 911 system
- Guest: How to improve life for NCAA athletes without unionizing
- Obamacare’s drug problem | Jonathan Martin / Times editorial columnist
UPDATE - 06:04 AM Seahawks open against Packers, face 49ers on Thanksgiving