The Food and Drug Administration has proposed rules for e-cigarettes that would ban sales to anyone under 18, add warning labels and require FDA approval for new products. The rules will have big implications for a fast-growing industry and its customers, but the trickiest issues, such as whether flavors should be banned or TV ads limited, have been delayed.
UPDATE - 10:10 PM
Mayor Murray on $15 wage: 'I do not have a proposal'
The Seattle mayor today said his committee needs more time to come up with a plan for a citywide $15 an hour minimum wage.
- UPDATE - 10:03 PM First cuts to Metro Transit spread all over Seattle area
- UPDATE - 09:34 PM SPD chief candidate left her mark from Boston to Ireland
- UPDATE - 09:55 PM Loss of No Child Left Behind waiver means schools will be labeled 'failing'
- Starbucks to enter soda wars
- UPDATE - 09:54 PM Man, 19, fatally shot in Rainier Valley
- UPDATE - 10:41 PM Stone: QB Wilson's divorce is a reminder he's human
UPDATE - 10:09 PM Oregon considers handing troubled exchange to federal site
UPDATE - 09:11 PM ‘World’s largest Warhol’ to get test run on Tacoma Dome roof
UPDATE - 10:55 PM Ukraine moves against insurgents in the east
UPDATE - 09:38 PM Everest climbers say base camp feels unsafe as Sherpas argue
UPDATE - 11:01 PM Proposed FDA e-cigarette rules raising questions, doubts
UPDATE - 10:55 PM Gunman kills 3 Americans at Kabul hospital
UPDATE - 10:54 PM Seabed search for missing Malaysian jet to widen
UPDATE - 10:49 PM FDA eases into regulating e-cigarettes
NEW - 09:35 PM Prosecutors: Stowage, design problems sank S. Korea ferry
NEW - 10:52 PM Tornado shelters face dilemma with pet lovers
Entertainment & Living
Poor planning and wrongheaded federal rules have put Washington's nationally lauded chemical-dependency treatment community in critical condition...Jonathan Martin, column: "Obamacare's drug problem"
- Editorial: Crack down on online prostitution sites like backpage.com
- Editorial: After failure of King County Prop. 1, hard work on Metro needed
- Poll: Do you want Aereo to expand to Seattle?
- Apart from Seattle’s minimum-wage debate, America needs a pay raise | Lance Dickie / Times editorial columnist
- Reverse mortgages: Best use is to invest in a living will, based on experience
- High-school counselors: Training won’t create time for advising
- Bicycle Master Plan: Require training, exams, licensing and toll collection for bicyclists
- The Legislature needs to pass a transportation package that includes transit funding
UPDATE - 09:43 PM Gary Bettman: NHL not considering expansion into Seattle now
UPDATE - 09:41 PM Marcus Trufant officially retires as a Seahawk
UPDATE - 09:45 PM Nick Franklin, Erasmo Ramirez sent down by Mariners
UPDATE - 10:29 PM Garfield’s Tremaine Isabell sticking with WSU commitment
UPDATE - 10:48 PM Grizzlies hang on vs. Thunder, take 2-1 lead