In the news:
A taxpayer-funded welding class at Seattle's Vigor Shipyards is training long-unemployed workers for a career change — and a blue-collar dream of a steady living wage. Above, students work on projects in individual booths. The blue plastic is for eye protection.
Boeing announced that from 2016 it is freezing the traditional defined-benefit pensions of all nonunion salaried staff including managers and executives.
NEW - 06:03 AM Religious conservatives facing off at conference
- A Food Forest, Native Plants and Permaculture In One Garden - at the Portland Yard, Garden & Patio Show | Plant Talk
- Documentary 'Blackfish' and cast members at Edmonds CC Thursday | My Edmonds News
- Falls View Canyon Trail #868 | Hiking with my Brother
- Sale of Best Western Puts over $23 Million of Prime Bainbridge Real Estate on the Market | Inside Bainbridge
- Video shows 24 Hours of King County Metro -- 'every bus through every stop, for one entire weekday' | Capitol Hill Seattle Blog
I found it easier to find health violations at my neighborhood restaurant than about problems at my kid's child-care center.Jonathan Martin, column: "Make child care transparent for parents"
- Editorial: Premera shrouds transparency
- Editorial: Put heat on e-cigarettes and ‘vaping’
- Time running out for state Legislature to pass anti-sex trafficking bills
- Guest: Fund early learning in state budget
Entertainment & Living
NEW - 06:10 AM Boy in space at SCT; man-eating plant invades ACT
NEW - 06:15 AM March 7 TV Picks: ‘Undercover Boss’ on CBS