Bellevue resident James A. Nelson says a buffalo soldier and Medal of Honor recipient who was buried in Nebraska needs to be moved to Arlington National Cemetery. U.S. Rep. Adam Smith may clear a path for him to do just that.
LOADED WITH LEAD, PART 3: In 2010, 20 youngsters at the Vancouver (Wash.) Rifle and Pistol Club tested positive for lead overexposure. The club fixed its problems so that young shooters could compete there safely.
- UPDATE - 10:37 PM Seattle didn’t hold firms accountable on sick-leave rules, report says
- NEW - 09:05 PM Federal judge rejects SPD officers’ suit over use of force
- UPDATE - 09:50 PM Region’s commute times worsen
- UPDATE - 08:33 PM Celis struggles to voice his views in 1st District race
- UPDATE - 10:45 PM Lake Stevens gunman’s alleged plan revealed: ‘suicide by police’
- UPDATE - 09:56 PM No women listed among 25 best-paid Seattle city employees
- UPDATE - 10:16 PM Fashion icon Oscar de la Renta dies at age 82
- UPDATE - 10:09 PM The cloud shines brightly at Microsoft
- UPDATE - 09:23 PM Now divided, Pete Carroll and Percy Harvin look forward, not back
UPDATE - 09:29 PM Lena Dunham connects with her many ‘awesome’ fans in Seattle
- Daily Rant & Rave: HOV lane cheaters
UPDATE - 10:42 PM Nigeria declared Ebola-free; 'spectacular success'
UPDATE - 10:38 PM America says no to cappuccino potato chips
UPDATE - 09:51 PM US agency warns car owners to get air bags fixed
UPDATE - 10:42 PM Turkey says it helps Kurdish fighters enter Syria
UPDATE - 10:18 PM Biden touts plans to fix 'Third World' NYC airport
Entertainment & Living
- The Edible Eight: Vote for your favorite Halloween candy
When we reach into that parenting tool bag and find it empty, out pops our too-ready hand, primed for use -- to hit a child. Unfortunately, for far too many, that tool bag is flat-out flimsy.Roslyn Ann Duffy guest column: "Spanking teaches the wrong life lessons to children"
- Editorial: FCC right to scrutinize exorbitant prison phone fees
- Editorial: The Times recommends in King County judge races: Janet Garrow, Ketu Shah, Phillip Tavel
- Dave Chappelle’s status as racial commentator-in-chief reflects loss of faith in leaders and institutions
- Half a million jobs are coming to Washington, are we ready for them?
UPDATE - 10:15 PM Cougars say they are eager to get back after bye week
UPDATE - 10:45 PM Record iPhone sales drive Apple's 3Q beat
UPDATE - 09:55 PM IBM 3Q disappoints as it sheds 'empty calories'