Pacific NW Magazine: Looking for that perfect bottle to gift? The Seattle Times' wine writer Andy Perdue spotlights 50 wines, from 50 different producers, representing nearly every part of the Northwest and many price points. Above, glasses are prepared for a tasting in Woodinville.
NEW - 03:51 PM
A day after lawsuit, railroads to offer same-sex benefits
In a reversal, the nation's largest freight rail carriers announced they will provide health benefits to employees' same-sex spouses. But the announcement will not stop a lawsuit filed Tuesday in Seattle.
UPDATE - 03:14 PM Brother of White Center homicide victim appeals for public's help
UPDATE - 04:05 PM Boxing champ turns opposition leader in Ukraine
UPDATE - 04:05 PM Derailment highlights risk of 'highway hypnosis'
UPDATE - 03:20 PM Woman fights ticket for driving with Google Glass
UPDATE - 04:00 PM 911 calls show anguish and tension in Conn. school
- Preservation-free Pike/Belmont project takes turn in front of design review board | Capitol Hill Seattle Blog
- Edmonds City Council approves 2014 budget, debates Sunset Walkway and rail overpass options | My Edmonds News
- High School Construction Update: new Shorecrest to open in February 2014 | Shoreline Area News
- Murhut Falls Trail #828 | Hiking with my Brother
- Peaceful walk through a lit-up garden - Kruckeberg Solstice Stroll | Shoreline Area News
Should government not "cater to any religious practice?" Give up Christmas as a public holiday, then.Bruce Ramsey, column: "Diving into religious practice"
- Editorial: Let the state attorney general protect consumers
- Editorial: Seismic day for UW, Seahawks fans
- UPDATE - 02:09 PM Climate change and cannibalism on the famed Northwest Passage
- What your Amazon.com drone delivery receipt will look like
UPDATE - 02:56 PM King Co. median home price increases 7.5% from year ago
UPDATE - 02:48 PM Skype CFO leaves for Portland startup | Brier Dudley
- Xconomy: Fred Hutch, other researchers launch cancer biotech with $120M
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 03:28 PM Seattle R & B organ meister Dave Lewis remembered
NEW - 03:05 PM A wing and a deal at King’s Hardware | Happy Hour
UPDATE - 04:03 PM Universal shuts down 'Fast & Furious 7' production
UPDATE - 04:05 PM Celebrity chef Nigella Lawson admits cocaine use
- 250 ways to enjoy the holidays in Seattle