Harrison Bell, 9, waits for his grandma Sandra Gibb to put on her skates before stepping onto a synthetic ice rink at Redmond Town Center, one of the several holiday attractions malls in this high-tech region are implementing to try to keep shoppers from making much of their holiday purchases online.
Ferguson grand jurors examined conflicting accounts in deciding whether Officer Darren Wilson committed a crime in killing Michael Brown.
NEW - 06:00 AM Daily Rant&Rave: Overwhelmed by kindness
UPDATE - 07:33 AM Flooding closes Nisqually entrance of Mount Rainier park
UPDATE - 07:12 AM Crew docks at International Space Station
UPDATE - 07:57 AM In Britain, US turkey dinner is big for business
UPDATE - 07:57 AM Once maligned, Iran's Jews find greater acceptance
NEW - 07:32 AM Powerful earthquake hits off eastern Indonesia
UPDATE - 07:23 AM 2 FBI agents shot, wounded in St. Louis area
UPDATE - 06:34 AM Activists raise Raqqa strikes death toll to 95
NEW - 07:35 AM Campaigning under way in Liberia despite Ebola
UPDATE - 07:57 AM Freighter with 700 migrants being towed to Crete
UPDATE - 07:53 AM Guard reinforcements contain damage in Ferguson
Entertainment & Living
NEW - 06:15 AM TV Picks: ‘Planes, Trains & Automobiles,’ ‘Willy Wonka’
All that's left is for Gov. Jay Inslee to show his hand, and avoid being just another act following what's now recalled as a killer performance.Robert J. Vickers column: "Is Gov. Jay Inslee an absentee governor or a patient strategist?"
I just completed an exhaustive online search, and have not found a single news item or police report wherein a four year old was, with or without permission, playing with father's stamp collection, and accidentally glued a three year-old's jaw off.Comment by "user1002035" on "Parents of Lake Stevens boy shot in mouth had argued about guns in home"
- Editorial: What Ferguson could learn from Seattle, but progress remains
- Editorial: Remote testimony would bring the Legislature into the 21st century
- A needless attack on TVW detracts from real need for more transparency
- Guest: After Ferguson, crawl out of safe comfort zones
- NEW - 06:05 AM Initiative 1351: A funding plan for smaller class sizes
- Animals in captivity: Echoes of Woodland Park Zoo elephants in caged UW monkeys
- Student-athletes: Paying college athletes disincentivizes drive to professional level
- Midterm elections: There's no mandate for GOP with such low voter turnout
UPDATE - 08:07 AM US stock indexes hold near record; Deere slumps