With another run at the Super Bowl, local 12s are getting inked to show their loyalty to the Seahawks. Above, Erika Jones, of 522 Tattoo in Lake Forest Park, gives fan Jason Estep, of Everett, a Seahawks tattoo.
Local schools are scrapping specialty classrooms, adding portables and paying teachers overtime in order to accomodate the additional students.
- UPDATE - 01:41 AM Ship propeller killed whale found under Seattle ferry dock
- Time for health-care exchange customers to settle up taxes
- San Juan pot farmers face wrath of neighbors
- Intervention may work better than punishment in schools
- 8 Republican governors buck party line on raising taxes
- Vanderbilt gang-rape defense points to campus culture
- Guess who’s discovered income inequality? | Danny Westneat
UPDATE - 02:05 AM FBI: No bombs found on planes in Atlanta after threat
Entertainment & Living
While we should fix NCLB, we can't afford to stop holding states and schools accountable for the education of their students.Patty Murray guest column: "Congress needs to fix outdated federal No Child Left Behind education law"
- Editorial: Washington students need better laws at federal and state level
- Editorial: Educating inmates is a wise investment for Wash.
- Guest: West Coast ports are in rough seas due to slowdown
- Europe’s economy was wrecked in the name of responsibility | Paul Krugman / Syndicated columnist