In this photo provided by Conservative MP Nina Grewal, members of Parliament barricade themselves in a meeting room on Parliament Hill in Ottawa after shots were fired in the building. A gunman fatally shot a Canadian soldier standing guard at the nation's war memorial, then stormed Parliament in a hail of gunfire before he was killed by the usually ceremonial sergeant-at-arms.
If I-591 passes along with I-594, which would expand background checks, the issue could go to the courts.
- Seattle drivers seeing red as bus-only lanes installed
- Hey, we’re world class! For terrible traffic | Danny Westneat
- Complaints mounted against sheriff’s civilian watchdog
- UPDATE - 04:04 PM Blackwater guards found guilty in Iraq shootings
- UPDATE - 02:32 PM Boeing shares fall on worries about 787 costs, cash flow
- Secret Service agents sent to deal with personal dispute
- Don’t expect Carroll to change form on reclamation projects | Jerry Brewer
UPDATE - 04:16 PM 2 dead in shooting attack at Canada's Parliament
NEW - 03:09 PM Huge gold nugget going up for sale in California
UPDATE - 04:16 PM US to track everyone coming from Ebola nations
NEW - 03:33 PM Man missing 9 years found dead in car in Ohio pond
Entertainment & Living
NEW - 02:56 PM Benedict Cumberbatch waxes eloquent
- The Flavorful Four: Vote for your favorite Halloween candy
Inmates' families should not be taxed to stay in touch. That is a clear example of public policies being at cross-purposes: short-term revenue gained at the expense of long-term recidivism.Editorial: "FCC right to scrutinize exorbitant prison phone fees"
UPDATE - 03:02 PM Blocks and books: Tutoring fullback helps Cleveland’s revival
UPDATE - 03:50 PM Leafs-Senators game postponed after shootings
UPDATE - 03:24 PM Online home broker Redfin acquires walkability data site
UPDATE - 02:31 PM Microsoft reports fiscal 2015 first quarter earnings Thursday