Workers at the Sodo entrance to the Highway 99 tunnel on Thursday install steel rebar to create ledges that will support the northbound road deck and walls that will hold up the upper southbound deck. "We're using some of the delay period to pull work from the end of the job and get it done sooner," says Chris Dixon, project director of Seattle Tunnel Partners.
Logan Morrison’s three-run homer in the ninth inning moved the Mariners to one game back in the wild-card race.
UPDATE - 08:56 AM
Scots reject independence
- Bellevue's Concur sold to SAP for $8.3B
- New Microsoft layoffs affect 750 locally
- Inner-tube robber 'D.B. Tuber' now free, warning about life of crime
- Mayor's plan would ensure work goes to poor, jobless in Seattle
- UPDATE - 08:56 AM Aussie beheading plot raises questions about ISIS' reach
- KING 5 may relocate TV station to Sodo neighborhood
UPDATE - 08:22 AM Planned Parenthood ‘office visit’ via app gets you birth control
UPDATE - 08:56 AM France strikes Islamic State group's depot in Iraq
UPDATE - 08:56 AM Florida felon kills his 6 grandchildren
UPDATE - 07:46 AM Anti-Islamic ads coming to New York transit system
UPDATE - 07:41 AM At UN, Obama to urge nations to go big on climate
UPDATE - 08:53 AM NOAA: Yet more global heat records fall in August
UPDATE - 08:15 AM Iran sentences 6 youth for dancing in "Happy" video
Entertainment & Living
What might have worked in the classroom 20 years ago does not work today, but it is still widely used.Michael Golden, guest column: "Project-based classrooms help kids become active learners"
- Editorial: The Times recommends Jeanne Kohl-Welles, Reuven Carlyle and Gael Tarleton in the 36th District
- Editorial: How the Ray Rice incident can help stop domestic violence
- Does Seattle feel richer this year than last?
- UPDATE - 06:47 AM Take a tour with 'da mayor' of Seattle Dick Falkenbury
UPDATE - 08:49 AM US stocks climb higher in early trading