★★½ RESTAURANT REVIEW: Quality Athletics is a sports bar in the same way that Skillet is a diner and Hollywood Tavern is a roadhouse: archly, ironically, ostensibly, but not really. Above, jerk-spiced duck wings are served with lime crème fraîche with pickled pomegranate seeds at Quality Athletics.
UPDATE - 01:02 PM
Inslee proposes capital-gains tax to help fund budget
"We've got to buck up and invest in our state," the governor said, as he proposed a $39 billion, two-year budget.
- Times series on ocean changes wins major multimedia award
UPDATE - 01:16 PM Digital dilemma: How will US respond to Sony hack?
UPDATE - 12:58 PM Not much chance of Congress stopping Cuba policy
UPDATE - 12:25 PM Botched cyberattack on Syria group blamed on IS
Entertainment & Living
Even when challenges or misunderstandings arise, the truth is that we all want the same thing: safety for the public, protection for taxpayers and daylight for Bertha.Lynn Peterson guest column: "WSDOT explains the settling, liability and safety of the Highway 99 tunnel project"
- Editorial: Legislature should give school districts back control of federal funds
- As relationships move online, a dark vision of ‘Pottersville’ becomes real
- A glimpse inside Washington's gun culture after Initiative 594
- Guest: In a dangerous situation, the police and I made a critical decision to save a life
UPDATE - 11:24 AM Washington's unemployment dilemma in one chart | Jon Talton
UPDATE - 01:13 PM Deal expired, Microsoft stops offering Europeans other browsers