Dale Zachry, a 1986 graduate of Marysville-Pilchuck High School, prays at the fence surrounding the school grounds. A freshman at the school killed one student and wounded four others before turning the gun on himself, according to police.
It will be at least a week before archaeologists can begin sifting through a deposit of shells near Elliott Bay discovered about 20 feet into excavation to the immobilized tunnel-digging machine Bertha.
NEW - 01:29 PM We don’t have to live like this | Danny Westneat
UPDATE - 01:12 PM Remains belong to missing Virginia student
UPDATE - 02:21 PM Complex investigation follows killing of deputies
UPDATE - 02:21 PM Extremists launch new attack on Syrian border town
Entertainment & Living
- The Flavorful Four: Vote for your favorite Halloween candy
Given the lack of clarity on what specific service Proposition 1 would fund, voters do not have a clear understanding of what they are voting to approve.Ben Stafford guest column: "Seattle's Metro Prop. 1 is not the right measure for today's realities"
- Editorial: Another American released from North Korea, so why not Kenneth Bae?
- Editorial: Focus grief over Marysville school shooting on finding constructive response
- What happened to all the legal marijuana stores in Seattle?
- Guest: Dispelling the myths of ageism — older workers are highly employable