A Liberian Army soldier, part of the Ebola Task Force, enforces a quarantine Wednesday on the West Point slum of Monrovia, Liberia. Over the weekend, residents angry about an Ebola center's placement attacked the facility, chasing away sick patients and carrying off items that may be contaminated.
One man was arrested and another detained by police Wednesday in connection with the fatal shooting of two people at a gas station in Kent.
- UPDATE - 06:55 AM Justice Dept. announces $17B settlement with BofA
- Defendant calls 4 slayings justified, charging papers say
- Seattle schools to review policies after alleged field-trip assault
- UPDATE - 06:24 AM Mayor to seek levy to pay for police and fire services
- Ferguson reveals a growing gap in a black and white world | Jerry Large
- UPDATE - 06:38 AM Counterfeit Seahawks merchandise can be hard to tackle
- NFL to kick off season in Seattle with free concert, other events
UPDATE - 06:12 AM Daily Rant&Rave: Obey traffic signals, pedestrians
UPDATE - 06:57 AM US special ops tried but failed to find hostages
UPDATE - 06:55 AM US official: More airstrikes in Iraq
UPDATE - 06:57 AM Holder offers reassurance to people of Ferguson
UPDATE - 06:53 AM California drought stings bees, honey supplies
UPDATE - 06:57 AM 39 dead, dozens missing after Japan landslides
UPDATE - 06:45 AM Thai army ruler named prime minister
NEW - 06:21 AM George W. Bush takes ice bucket challenge
Entertainment & Living
NEW - 06:15 AM One critic’s picks for the 66th Emmy Awards
NEW - 06:10 AM Globe brings 'King Lear' to Seattle
NEW - 06:15 AM Aug. 23-24 | Weekend Preview
NEW - 06:02 AM Cool off with shaved ice or a savory sorbet
NEW - 06:02 AM Recipe: Peach and Plum Crisp
NEW - 06:15 AM Sister is a nightmare as houseguest | Dear Carolyn
Patients are routinely forced through a maze of bureaucratic review procedures to get authorization for treatment...Sean Corry, Eleanor Hamburger, guest column: "Enforce state's mental-health parity law"
- Editorial: Racial disparities are behind Ferguson, Mo., unrest
- Editorial: The Times recommends Reps. Steve Bergquist and Zack Hudgins in 11th District
- UPDATE - 06:42 AM Should Obama go to Ferguson?
- Guest: Bishop Blanchet expulsion of students for marijuana needs rethinking
UPDATE - 06:41 AM China data drags on Asian stocks, but Europe gains