FIT FOR LIFE: Nicole Tsong mashes down fresh cabbage for a batch of probiotic sauerkraut. Probiotics are known to aid digestion and keep harmful bacteria in check, making it harder for pathogens and viruses to establish themselves.
In the 25 years since the Exxon Valdez spill, oil exports from Alaska have waned. But the fossil-fuel industry has now turned its attention to the Pacific Northwest.
- UPDATE - 04:52 PM Silverdale boy, 12, killed as he and 3 other Scouts try to roll log
- Oso donations show power of crowdfunding
- First mudslide claims filed; more could come
- Prop. 1: Isn’t there a better way to fund transit?
- UPDATE - 06:02 PM Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Mónica Guzmán: Using a phone when you can’t hear or speak? Here’s who makes it possible
- UPDATE - 05:31 PM Mariners lose sixth straight
- UPDATE - 05:54 PM Sounders on course to be fouled a record number of times
UPDATE - 06:02 PM Public smoke-out marks pot holiday in Colorado
UPDATE - 06:02 PM Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
Entertainment & Living
- Editorial: Seattle needs to ease up on the rush to a $15 minimum wage
- NEW - 04:03 PM Editorial: House should adopt act to prevent veteran suicide
- Guest: The decline of labor unions and the rise of the minimum wage
- A circus descends on Common Core | David Brooks / Syndicated columnist