Jon Meis, the Seattle Pacific University building monitor who tackled the gunman, is escorted from Otto Miller Hall Thursday, June 5. Meis' nearly 15-minute interview with Seattle Homicide Det. Russ Weklych, taken about five hours after the shooting, is among 33 recordings of witness statements that Seattle Police released publicly on Thursday.
UPDATE - 11:13 AM
Boehner: ‘We will not stand idle’ on immigration
President Obama's executive order on immigration presents Republicans with a dilemma: How to satisfy irate conservatives without alienating moderates, Hispanics and other voters.
- Sound Transit to seek new tax, fees to extend light-rail routes
- Wet and windy in the region; heavy mountain snow expected
- Man drops massive records requests, will help police with video technology
- UPDATE - 10:08 AM Pot shop could be coming to Capitol Hill
- How Sigi Schmid saved his job and moved the Sounders forward
UPDATE - 11:00 AM 2,000 attend memorial for Linfield College student
UPDATE - 11:00 AM Longview council rejects plan to fix water odor
UPDATE - 11:13 AM As snow ends, roof collapses, floods are concerns
UPDATE - 09:48 AM NSA director: China can damage US power grid
UPDATE - 10:52 AM Space station rarity: 2 women on long-term crew
UPDATE - 09:32 AM Arrests after Ferguson protesters block traffic
UPDATE - 11:13 AM Bandits in Guinea steal suspected Ebola blood
UPDATE - 11:13 AM Ukraine's Facebook revolution, 1 year later
Entertainment & Living
NEW - 11:13 AM ‘Serial’: Q&A with the host of the global podcast hit
The focus for all lawmakers should be to ensure that new investment in education is tied to a demonstrable reversing of disappointing outcomes for students.Editorial: "Voters have returned a delicate balancing act to Olympia"
- Editorial: Explore ways to give the state Supreme Court more diversity
- Editorial: King County right to put brakes on public defense cuts
- UPDATE - 09:39 AM The faces behind the sex trade in King County | Thanh Tan / Times editorial columnist
- Are King County taxpayers ready to fund levy focused on early childhood?
NEW - 10:11 AM Vote: Your holiday shopping plans