LIVE CHAT Chris Petersen is making his Washington coaching debut with a road game against Hawaii. The Rainbow Warriors, coming off a 1-11 season, look like the perfect opponent for the Huskies to break in a new quarterback. Above, Hawaii's Marcus Kemp pulls down a tipped pass, defended by Washington's Marcus Peters.
NEW - 07:08 PM
Cyclist killed in crash was skilled attorney
The cyclist killed in a crash Friday in downtown Seattle was Sher Kung, 31, a new mother and a well-regarded attorney from the law firm Perkins Coie.
- UPDATE - 09:05 PM 13-year-old girl dead after car hits family crossing highway in Kent
- Coastal quake risk: Japan on watch, Northwest ‘essentially blind’
- Seattle’s special-ed mess: Who’s in charge of what?
- UPDATE - 09:04 PM 5 U.S. airstrikes target Islamic State fighters
- Danny Westneat: Right wing launches misguided protest against Labor Day
- Hawks’ final cuts for 53-man roster
- UPDATE - 08:01 PM Reign FC one win from dramatic turnaround
- LIVE Game thread: M’s vs. Nationals
NEW - 07:05 PM Keeping parents in loop helped district find its way
UPDATE - 09:04 PM EU threatens Russia with more sanctions
UPDATE - 08:00 PM Getting Ferguson majority to show its clout at polls
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 09:01 PM Soggy start and a little Panic! at Bumbershoot | Festival review
Most kids head back to school next week, but more can be done to help children from poor families get ready for the challenges of a new year.Editorial: "Still time to help students with school-supply drive"
- Editorial: State Supreme Court should be cautious in McCleary school-funding case
- Editorial notebook: What are your discoveries, disasters about moving to Seattle?
- Guest: Coping with the angst of dropping off your child at college
UPDATE - 07:52 PM Seahawks’ roster will always be a work in progress | Larry Stone
UPDATE - 07:03 PM Sounders FC blanks Colorado Rapids 1-0
UPDATE - 08:51 PM Only elite quarterbacks have won back-to-back Super Bowls
UPDATE - 08:05 PM Jeff Gordon expects strong effort from Tony Stewart in Sunday’s race
NEW - 08:10 PM Drone groan: first Amazon — and now Google | Brier Dudley
NEW - 08:00 PM A bright spot for labor as tough times remain | Jon Talton