Protesters demanded that Hong Kong's top leader meet with them after he said Tuesday that China would not budge in its decision to limit voting reforms in the Asian financial hub.
Above: Pro-democracy protesters flash lights outside government headquarters on the second day of the mass civil disobedience campaign Occupy Hong Kong.
Left: Wrapped in plastic to shield from pepper spray, a student protester stands behind a makeshift barrier.
Seattle Mayor Ed Murray says the city needs to scale down the waterfront plan because of rising costs.
- LIVE Microsoft unveils Windows 10
- Boeing to cut 2,000 jobs in defense work here
- King County Council: no 2015 bus cuts
- Seattle Police: Man stabbed in group fight downtown
- New parking meters, time-of-day rates coming
- Seattle home-price gains slow again
- UPDATE - 10:36 AM Secret Service head takes blame for White House breach
UPDATE - 09:41 AM Deputy fires in response when man fatally shoots self in Puyallup
UPDATE - 10:30 AM Colorado high court considers pot firing case
UPDATE - 10:36 AM California becomes first state to ban plastic bags
UPDATE - 08:39 AM Cancer doctor given 10 years for poisoning lover
UPDATE - 10:30 AM Officer kills man through car door in his driveway
UPDATE - 10:36 AM Oklahoma man charged with murder in beheading
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 09:23 AM Wal-Mart: Morgan wasn't wearing seatbelt in crash
UPDATE - 09:32 AM AOL to feed more video, news to Microsoft's MSN
UPDATE - 10:34 AM EBay to split off lucrative PayPal business
UPDATE - 10:36 AM EU says Apple gets illegal tax benefits in Ireland
UPDATE - 10:38 AM US stocks meander in afternoon trading