People express their grief at The Grove Church in Marysville after a shooting on Friday at Marysville-Pilchuck High School. A freshman opened fire, killing one student and wounding four others before turning the gun on himself, according to police
A 27-year-old man, who was featured in a Times story last week about prostitution, was sentenced Friday to nearly 16 months in prison following a conviction for attempted commercial sex abuse of a minor.
- UPDATE - 10:21 PM Shell work may take time in the repair pit for Bertha
- UPDATE - 10:38 PM N.Y., N.J. impose strict Ebola quarantines
UPDATE - 10:37 PM Teen shooter targets 3 girls, 2 male cousins
UPDATE - 09:49 PM Unease about Oregon first lady stalks governor’s re-election
NEW - 08:59 PM Darrington to celebrate as road to wilderness opens again
NEW - 09:18 PM Marysville shootings come as voters consider new gun laws
UPDATE - 10:38 PM Dallas nurse receives thanks, hug from Obama
UPDATE - 09:08 PM Ebola fallacies spread more readily than the virus
UPDATE - 10:13 PM Gunman in Canada attack complained about mosque
UPDATE - 09:24 PM Parachuting Google exec sets record 135,890-foot fall
Entertainment & Living
- The Flavorful Four: Vote for your favorite Halloween candy
UPDATE - 09:28 PM Eric Dunham, owner of celebrated winery
Given the lack of clarity on what specific service Proposition 1 would fund, voters do not have a clear understanding of what they are voting to approve.Ben Stafford guest column: "Seattle's Metro Prop. 1 is not the right measure for today's realities"
- Editorial: Another American released from North Korea, so why not Kenneth Bae?
- Editorial: Focus grief over Marysville school shooting on finding constructive response
- What happened to all the legal marijuana stores in Seattle?
- Guest: Dispelling the myths of ageism — older workers are highly employable
UPDATE - 09:02 PM Bryan Walters to miss Seahawks-Panthers game due to concussion
UPDATE - 10:31 PM Royals edge Giants for 2-1 lead in Fall Classic