Jeff Bezos' private aerospace company, Blue Origin, agreed to develop its rocket engine in partnership with Boeing and Lockheed Martin, an alliance that could reduce Russia's role in U.S. orbital flights. Above, Bezos shows off a model of the engine with Tory Bruno, CEO of United Launch Alliance.
Seattle has only one marijuana store. Others have been delayed by limited locations, short supply, city code issues and unprepared applicants.
- County Councilmember Reagan Dunn pleads guilty to DUI
- Child-porn conviction is tossed: Navy surveillance is blamed
- Magnitude 4.0 quake shows early-warning system works
- ‘Dying in America’ report: U.S. needs better plans for end-of-life care
- VA gets an earful from Veterans at town hall
- Novo Nordisk hints at Seattle obesity-research site
- M’s get nothing in 5-0 loss to Angels
UPDATE - 12:35 AM Senate next after House backs Obama on rebel aid
UPDATE - 12:37 AM A look at key developments in NFL controversies
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 02:32 AM Drag queens dress down Facebook over names
Private landlines, which do not create public records, did not result in shadow governments and neither will personal cellphones.Mark Lindquist, guest column: "Why the privacy of a public employee's cellphone matters"
- Editorial: How the Ray Rice incident can help stop domestic violence
- Editorial: The Times recommends David Frockt and Jessyn Farrell in 46th Legislative District
- A rough month in America for women | Froma Harrop / Syndicated columnist
- Big expectations for Port of Seattle's new CEO Ted Fick