RON JUDD: A view to the south from the central Moses Coulee reveals the rugged landscape of the Three Devils Grade, a scar of the Ice Age floods that formed Central Washington's Channeled Scablands. A trip between the coulee's steep walls is like poking around in the basement of time.
UPDATE - 09:42 PM
Bus backers seek property-tax hike
Less than a day after a King County tax measure lost, the group Friends of Transit announced a proposed property-tax initiative to fund buses in Seattle.
NEW - 08:52 PM
Wall at mudslide hill repeatedly repaired
The log barrier damaged by many forces was part of a decades-long struggle to protect fish and keep the slope from slipping.
- UPDATE - 09:16 PM Boeing CEO defends job transfers, but experts question rationale
- UPDATE - 08:35 PM Supreme Court limits restitution in child-porn case
- UPDATE - 09:16 PM Mayor’s panel fails to reach consensus on wage recommendations
- UPDATE - 09:01 PM Exchange sign-ups for private insurance pass 164K
- UPDATE - 09:25 PM Seahawks open against Packers, face 49ers on Thanksgiving
- UPDATE - 08:15 PM Seahawks’ Russell Wilson, wife divorcing after 2 years
- UPDATE - 08:09 PM Brewer: Kyle Seager breaks out in dramatic fashion for Mariners
UPDATE - 09:54 PM Woman said to be among 4 under consideration as SPD chief
UPDATE - 08:52 PM Medal of Honor nominee urges help for others with PTSD signs
UPDATE - 10:06 PM Amid Russia warning, Ukraine is in a security bind
NEW - 08:47 PM 9/11 interfaith group says film by museum offends Muslims
UPDATE - 09:37 PM Teen stowaway had no idea where he’d landed
UPDATE - 09:35 PM High court nixes $3.4M award to child porn victim
UPDATE - 10:06 PM SKorea ferry toll hits 159 as relatives wait
Entertainment & Living
We need White House leadership to place the country's economic well-being before that of bankers. We need to rein in recklessness, not subsidize it with our taxes.Nomi Prins, guest column: "Break alliances between Wall Street and the White House"
- Editorial: After failure of King County Prop. 1, hard work on Metro needed
- Editorial: A disconnect for state’s 911 system
- Guest: How to improve life for NCAA athletes without unionizing
- Obamacare’s drug problem | Jonathan Martin / Times editorial columnist
UPDATE - 09:32 PM Reign FC beats Spirit, 3-1, to improve to 2-0
UPDATE - 10:01 PM Yankees’ Pineda tossed for pine tar on his neck
UPDATE - 10:08 PM Stars even series 2-2 with top-seeded Ducks
UPDATE - 10:01 PM Blazers win at Houston again, lead series 2-0
UPDATE - 09:18 PM Code.org to help 2 million students learn to program | Brier Dudley