Who needs lobster when you've got Dungeness crab? Boston Globe food editor Sheryl Julian and our food writer Bethany Jean Clement give their takes on their respective regions’ food cultures. Above, Seattle Times fishing writer Mark Yuasa shows off a Dungeness crab. At left, lobster rolls are a New England favorite.
UPDATE - 11:25 AM
Airport expansion: Big plans bring big headaches at Sea-Tac
Seattle-Tacoma International Airport is looking at a huge expansion to accommodate an expected boom in use.
- Report: Highway 99 tunnel contractors not at fault over soil
- Island County Sheriff’s Office faces $10M claim over serial pedophile
- GOP lawmakers spar over raises for state employees
- Income growth skips all but top 1 percent in Washington state
- UPDATE - 10:50 AM Boeing reports 4Q profit of $1.47B on airplane sales
- UW junior accused of stabbing in parking-spot argument
- ‘Smart guns’ may be smart way to keep kids safe | Danny Westneat
- Quiz: Think you know Boston and Seattle? Bone up before the Super Bowl
UPDATE - 11:58 AM Boko Haram killing people 'like rams,' no troops to stop them
UPDATE - 11:12 AM Drunken drone driver highlights White House security problems
NEW - 11:14 AM Gold heist: How robbers held up the stagecoach museum
UPDATE - 11:58 AM Postmortem of radioactive body was most dangerous ever
UPDATE - 11:58 AM Sheriffs expand concerns about Waze mobile traffic app
UPDATE - 11:58 AM After 5 days, Bart the cat crawls from his grave
Entertainment & Living
NEW - 10:40 AM For Mother Russia and family: ‘The Americans’ returns
After decades in the public eye, Chai and Bamboo deserve to retire. No more forced breeding. No more forced socializing. Send them to a safe place where, finally, they can just be.Editorial: "Give Woodland Park Zoo elephants Bamboo and Chai much-needed retirement"
- Editorial: Give Woodland Park Zoo elephants Bamboo and Chai much-needed retirement
- Editorial: Turning Federal Reserve building into a school is fitting for Seattle’s urban core
- Guest: Our state parks are heavily used but underfunded
- Should marijuana home grows be legal in Washington?
UPDATE - 11:04 AM Seahawks Fan Buzz: Bandwagon? Not these long-time New Jersey fans
UPDATE - 11:41 AM The Sea-Tac growth dilemma | Jon Talton
UPDATE - 11:22 AM Japanese airline files for bankruptcy after failed Airbus A380 deal
UPDATE - 11:59 AM Amazon rolls out email and calandering for businesses
UPDATE - 11:56 AM Fed stays 'patient' on rate hike; notes ultra-low inflation
UPDATE - 11:29 AM China criticizes Alibaba in report withheld until after IPO
UPDATE - 11:56 AM US stocks mixed after Fed statement