Sounders FC forward Chad Barrett, left in green, scores the winning goal through a cluster of Sporting Kansas City defenders and their goalkeeper, Eric Kronberg, far right, in stoppage time in the second half. The goal gave Seattle a 1-0 victory in today's MLS season opener.
- Game photos UPDATE
UPDATE - 03:01 PM
2 oil slicks offer sign that jet crashed
Vietnamese air force planes spotted the slicks near where a Malaysian Airlines plane with 239 people on board went missing.
UPDATE - 03:01 PM Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
UPDATE - 02:31 PM 4 nations urge U.S. gas exports amid Ukraine crisis
- Washington state disciplines healthcare providers | Seattle/Local Health Guide
- Fortunately, fat floats | Three Sheets Northwest
- Chief Sealth students win President's Volunteer Service Award | West Seattle Blog
- Bird Lore: Western Meadowlark | My Edmonds News
- King County hosts ten health insurance enrollment events this Saturday, March 8 | Seattle/Local Health Guide
- 11:06 AM 750 detainees start hunger strike at ICE detention center in Tacoma
- 09:52 AM Saturday Memo: Oil slicks found ... Highway 99 work goes on ... Sounders FC season opener
- 09:35 PM Northline Sounder service canceled until Monday
- 06:50 PM Foreign student whose mom paid $2M bail sentenced in fatal crash
I found it easier to find health violations at my neighborhood restaurant than about problems at my kid's child-care center.Jonathan Martin, column: "Make child care transparent for parents"
- Editorial: SAT reforms welcome, but questions persist about test
- Editorial: Premera shrouds transparency
- UberX, Lyft and Sidecar finally reveal driver numbers in Seattle
- How the U.S. can lead on technological innovation
Entertainment & Living
NEW - 02:34 PM Connecticut could be first state to curb loud movies