Firda Herryanddhy, marketing coordinator at Party @ Display & Costume in Seattle, holds up two popular costumes at the store — an Elsa costume from “Frozen” and an Alice in Wonderland. Costumes drawn from the movies "Frozen" and "Maleficent" are among the most sought-after this Halloween.
Seattle officials are exploring ways to solve the city’s homelessness problem, but finding the money is a challenge.
- UPDATE - 05:47 AM Showdown imminent over nurse's quarantine in Maine
- State poll: Voters’ top concerns are schools, gun laws
- Tulalip Tribes: Some children dread school because of threats
- Microsoft lays off 3,000 more, including 638 in region
- Boy, 9, taken from Seattle is located in South Pacific; father is in custody
- UPDATE - 06:01 AM Source: Murder-suicide linked to abuse accusation
- Dying woman, 29, completes ‘bucket-list’ trip
NEW - 06:00 AM Daily Rant&Rave: Hockey gear lost and found
- Daily Rant & Rave: Turn down the heat
NEW - 05:07 AM Quarantines rarely used, effectiveness questioned
UPDATE - 05:59 AM Tim Cook: 'I'm proud to be gay'
NEW - 05:18 AM Police: Poison likely killed Utah family of 5
NEW - 05:27 AM Senate control could turn on 2 independents
Entertainment & Living
NEW - 05:22 AM Orson Welles' last film may finally be released
UPDATE - 05:55 AM Suge Knight, Katt Williams charged with robbery
NEW - 05:22 AM Wanted in US, Roman Polanski questioned in Poland
- Tasty Two: Will Twix or Reese's be crowned best Halloween candy?
The FBI's actions in this case undermined the credibility of press organizations who hold government accountable -- and that matters.Editorial: "FBI exploited press credibility in bomb ruse"
- Editorial: In 45th District race, look past the political spin
- Editorial: The Times recommends to approve Highline Public Schools bond measure
- Guest: Compassion needed to tackle youth justice in King County
- Vietnam’s lessons in Iraq and Syria | Thomas Friedman / Syndicated columnist