PACIFIC NW MAGAZINE: For more than 40 years, Robert Davidson has worked to revive Haida design traditions, and a way of life. From his secluded studio near the U.S.-Canada border, he is charting new territory in Northwest Coastal arts. "I can't explain it. It's intuitive," Davidson says. "The more I work with this art form, the more I'm refining my intuition."
UPDATE - 09:47 PM
Union leader: Rank and file to decide on ‘last’ Boeing offer
After talks broke down between Boeing and the Machinists union over placing the 777X work in Washington state, the union's lead negotiator said the membership will get a chance to vote on what the company called its last offer.
- NEW - 09:32 PM Judge gives go-ahead for charter schools, but raises funding question
- State high court upholds $12.75M award to ex-Seattle firefighter
- Belgium may be first to OK child euthanasia
- In nod to outcry, Feds likely to limit phone use on airplanes
- UW flips the switch on new Clean Energy Institute
- Coach at Seattle school charged with voyeurism
- UPDATE - 09:57 PM Seahawks poised to break one of NFL's oldest records
UPDATE - 10:21 PM Budget peace breaks out — after Boehner tough talk
NEW - 08:55 PM Newtown anniversary a call to action in gun-rights duel
UPDATE - 10:21 PM Missing American in Iran was on unapproved mission
UPDATE - 10:15 PM Hubble telescope sees geysers on Jupiter’s moon Europa
UPDATE - 10:06 PM North Korea executes leader’s uncle for alleged coup attempt
UPDATE - 10:27 PM North Korea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
NEW - 08:20 PM Report links extreme weather and melting of Arctic sea
- Two Lofts in the Austin Bell Building | UrbnLivn.com
- Bainbridge School Data: Academics Lead State, Discipline Issues Spike Sharply | Inside Bainbridge
- West Seattle Christmas lights: More music and movement | West Seattle Blog
- Help make walking safer - Seattle Pedestrian Advisory Board seeks new members | Queen Anne View
- Boats invited to join weekend parades on Lake Union | Three Sheets Northwest
These big-brained and big-bodied animals need autonomy, huge spaces, companionship of their choosing and a warm climate.Judy Nicastro, guest column: "Move elephants at Woodland Park Zoo to a sanctuary"
- Editorial: Celebrating the career of former Mayor Norm Rice
- Editorial: A federal budget deal, and no drama
- What headlines would you like to see in 2014?
- Guest: How we can use nature to fend off flooding in Puget Sound
UPDATE - 10:08 PM Klinsmann to remain as US coach through 2018
UPDATE - 08:58 PM Jenna Orlandini takes her role as UW’s libero seriously
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 10:10 PM '12 Years' and 'Hustle' top a varied Globes field
- 250 ways to enjoy the holidays in Seattle
Movies, TV, Comics & Games
Help us bring you more relevant information and advertising by telling us what neighborhood you live in. If your neighborhood isn't listed, select the neighborhood closest to you.
City of Seattle
Saving Mr. Banks | PG-13
The Punk Singer | NR