On March 11, 2011, a powerful tsunami slammed ashore in Natori and other coastal towns in northeast Japan. Rebuilding has barely started in some of Japan's hardest-hit communities, and one expert warns the Pacific Northwest isn't learning lessons that would help it recover from similar disasters.
UPDATE - 10:28 AM
Wall Street buyers turning Seattle-area homes into rentals
Big companies financed by Wall Street have acquired thousands of homes to offer as rentals, outmaneuvering ordinary homebuyers at a time of tight inventory.
UPDATE - 12:18 PM
Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
UPDATE - 11:23 AM At 50, landmark libel case relevant in digital age
UPDATE - 12:09 PM No consensus on how to notify data breach victims
- Washington state disciplines healthcare providers | Seattle/Local Health Guide
- Fortunately, fat floats | Three Sheets Northwest
- Chief Sealth students win President's Volunteer Service Award | West Seattle Blog
- Bird Lore: Western Meadowlark | My Edmonds News
- King County hosts ten health insurance enrollment events this Saturday, March 8 | Seattle/Local Health Guide
I found it easier to find health violations at my neighborhood restaurant than about problems at my kid's child-care center.Jonathan Martin, column: "Make child care transparent for parents"
- Editorial: Follow governor’s lead seeking a federal waiver on Title 1 funds
- Editorial: Boeing’s retirement-plan decision a move for equity
- Guest: U.S.-China relationship thriving, despite challenges | Guest columnist
- Reality check on Crimea | Trudy Rubin / Syndicated columnist