In the news:
World leaders and joyous, singing South Africans honored Nelson Mandela on Tuesday at a rainy Soweto soccer stadium. President Obama, one of many world leaders in attendance, praised Mandela as a "giant of history" and the last great liberator of the 20th century.
UPDATE - 09:00 AM
Tunnel machine stuck below Seattle
Bertha, the Highway 99 tunnel machine, is blocked by an unidentified object. Drill rigs will be used to figure out what the object is.
- State seeks further delay to find solution for ‘boarding’ mentally ill
- $235K payout to resolve lawsuits over SPD arrest
- No big snow in Puget Sound area; warmer weather coming
- UPDATE - 09:07 AM GM names CEO, 1st woman to lead company
- Redmond Ridge activists win fight over pot zoning
- Jerry Brewer: Petersen seems an ideal fit for UW
UPDATE - 07:03 AM New school data shows surprising stars | Education Lab
UPDATE - 07:22 AM Gold coin dropped in Spokane red kettle
UPDATE - 09:07 AM Ukraine leader to seek some protesters' release
UPDATE - 07:53 AM German firm testing drones to deliver goods
UPDATE - 08:32 AM 18 LA sheriff's officials charged in jail probe
UPDATE - 09:01 AM Pa. students' robotic arm can make you stronger
UPDATE - 07:43 AM Court: Exec guilty over faulty French implants
- Capitol Hill light rail update: 'Extraordinarily lucky' thus far, construction moves on to Broadway's 'pedestrian concourse' | Capitol Hill Seattle Blog
- Lynnwood City Council extends marijuana moratoriums | Lynnwood Today
- Discovery Park gate: Magnolia attorney threatens federal lawsuit | Magnolia Voice
- Seattle Children's doctor offers tips to keep kids safe this holiday season | Seattle/Local Health Guide
- West Seattle Bee Garden: The buzz for what's in the works | West Seattle Blog
Few organizations can maintain a sense of innovation and excellence when the same individuals remain in control of the levers of power. Our police department is no different.David A. Perez, Maurice Classen, guest column: "The top 3 things Seattle needs in a new police chief"
- Editorial: State Supreme Court should take care when defining parenting
- Editorial: Try the $15 wage in SeaTac before imposing it in Seattle
- UPDATE - 08:12 AM Satanists raising Hell to an art form in Oklahoma City
- Guest: Why Boeing and the Machinists need to come back to the table
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 08:57 AM New Johnny Cash album to be released next spring
UPDATE - 08:57 AM Bacharach calls musical of his songs a 'valentine'
UPDATE - 07:29 AM MTV declares Miley Cyrus its artist of the year
- 250 ways to enjoy the holidays in Seattle