Family tragedies remind Seattle Seahawks running back Robert Turbin how lucky he is to be playing in the NFL. "I think about those kinds of things on a daily basis, and it plays into my motivation,'' he said. Above, Turbin scores his first NFL touchdown against the Chargers last Sunday.
It's the second round of layoffs since the company announced in July that it would be cutting 18,000 jobs.
- UPDATE - 05:53 PM Oracle’s Ellison steps down as CEO
- UPDATE - 06:16 PM Fla. sheriff: 6 children, 2 adults shot to death
- UPDATE - 04:39 PM Rocky start for pot stores in Washington
- UPDATE - 04:48 PM KING 5 may relocate TV station to Sodo neighborhood
- FYI Guy: Seattle saw steepest rent hike among U.S. cities
- Desperate tourists airlifted out of Los Cabos, including on Alaska planes
UPDATE - 04:19 PM Cantwell offers bill to strip NFL's nonprofit status
UPDATE - 04:24 PM Forecast: State revenue grows, but won't pay all the bills
UPDATE - 06:20 PM Islamic State plot in Australia raises questions
UPDATE - 06:20 PM Witness: 21 killed by Mexico army had surrendered
UPDATE - 06:23 PM Man arrested in fast-growing California wildfire
Entertainment & Living
What might have worked in the classroom 20 years ago does not work today, but it is still widely used.Michael Golden, guest column: "Project-based classrooms help kids become active learners"
- UPDATE - 05:10 PM Editorial: The Times recommends Jeanne Kohl-Welles, Reuven Carlyle and Gael Tarleton in the 36th District
- Editorial: How the Ray Rice incident can help stop domestic violence
- NEW - 05:43 PM Guest: How to avert the next Oso landslide disaster
- NEW - 04:04 PM Anheuser-Busch bombshell no doubt sent chills down NFL’s spine
UPDATE - 05:44 PM MLS commissioner pleased with league’s growth, success
UPDATE - 04:50 PM Marchex stock battered as big client Allstate cuts back
UPDATE - 06:17 PM SAP will buy Concur Technologies for $7.36 billion
UPDATE - 06:17 PM Good news on economy pushes stocks to record highs