The ferry Tacoma gets towed on July 29 after an electrical failure left it adrift. This incident was one of several problems to hit the Washington State Ferries this summer, prompting lawmakers to discuss how to fix the ferry system.
The four-day closure of Highway 99 in Seattle will bring big slowdowns into and out of downtown, especially for detoured buses. Metro Transit is telling riders to consider alternate forms of transportation.
James Foley, a freelance photojournalist, was taken prisoner in northwest Syria in November 2012 while on assignment for the Global Post. Islamic State posted a video threatening another execution if the U.S. doesn't pull back.
- U.S. judge scolds Seattle police but grants more time to meet key reform
- Danny Westneat: Seattle is no place to look for a Ferguson solution
- NEW - 09:00 AM State’s women-owned firms missing out on SBA loans, federal contracts
- UPDATE - 07:59 AM Unconscious man pulled from South Seattle house fire
- ACT’s 50th season: new works, old favorites
- Phillies find out how special Hisashi Iwakuma is as M's post 5-2 win
UPDATE - 09:28 AM 36 dead, 7 missing in Hiroshima landslide
UPDATE - 09:33 AM Floods lead to dramatic rescues in Phoenix area
UPDATE - 09:34 AM Israel, Gaza militants trade fire after talks fail
UPDATE - 09:32 AM Sullivan beats tea party in Alaska GOP Senate race
Entertainment & Living
Failure to provide them proper and timely care is a serious breach of social responsibility that touches all of us.Cassandra Ando, guest column: "How to help patients after the end of psychiatric boarding"
- Editorial: Innovation would be stifled under FCC’s plans
- Editorial: The Times recommends Reps. Steve Bergquist and Zack Hudgins in 11th District
- Continue the push for human rights in Vietnam
- Guest: Enforce state’s mental-health parity law