President Obama and other leaders have promised a sustained campaign by the U.S. and Arab allies against Islamic State targets in Syria. Above, guided-missile cruiser USS Philippine Sea launches a Tomahawk cruise missile, as seen from aircraft carrier USS George H.W. Bush in the Arabian Gulf.
The findings don't refute the idea that humans are contributing to climate change globally, the authors say.
- What would possible 15% cut mean for state’s colleges?
- Seattle will fine for adding too much food to garbage bins
- UPDATE - 03:32 PM Pastor: UPS gunman was ‘troubled’ over work
- U.S. Soccer stands by decision, allows Hope Solo to play
- Shead’s proposal after Broncos game took months of secret planning
- Seahawks back atop most NFL power rankings, but who put them No. 6?
NEW - 01:58 PM 2 killed, 1 injured in crash near Longview
UPDATE - 03:28 PM High-speed chase on I-5 ends near Lynnwood with 1 arrest
UPDATE - 01:49 PM Light-rail tunnel partnership sued by black laborers
UPDATE - 03:31 PM Obama opens a new front against al-Qaida
UPDATE - 02:50 PM Turkey considers military role against ISIL
NEW - 02:53 PM Arizona fugitive captured after months on run
UPDATE - 03:13 PM Obama urges world to follow US lead on climate
UPDATE - 03:32 PM Fire destroys Michael Brown memorial in Ferguson
Entertainment & Living
NEW - 01:33 PM New sitcom ‘black-ish’ looks at culture and assimilation
UPDATE - 03:31 PM Hillary Clinton highlights gender as 2016 looms
He studied in shelters, seeking light wherever he could between tents occupied by others battling homelessness, mental illness and sometimes drug addiction.Thanh Tan, column: "Finding hope in the margins"
- Editorials: Small changes to apodment rules could have big results
- Editorial: A Band-Aid for the Export-Import Bank
- Guest: What questions to ask state candidates about transportation
- Washington's return to private prisons?