In 1978, Star Times was born as a reference to the mega-hit "Star Wars" movie. The Seattle Times picked three high-school all-area teams then. Star Times has now grown to eight teams. Today, we honor the best athletes in our coverage area for three spring sports -- baseball, softball and boys soccer.
UPDATE - 05:53 PM
Tornado rescue efforts near an end
The massive storm killed at least 24 and left thousands homeless in Oklahoma.
- Amazon pitching glass-and-steel spheres for new campus
- UPDATE - 06:32 PM Microsoft reveals new Xbox One system | Brier Dudley
- UPDATE - 07:04 PM Apple's Cook faces Senate: 'We pay all the taxes we owe'
- Records: Slain North Bend intruder showed signs of mental breakdown
- LIVE Game thread: M's take on Angels
UPDATE - 07:08 PM Key ingredients led to Oklahoma tornado
UPDATE - 06:47 PM FBI ID's Benghazi suspects — but no arrests yet
- Pope and the devil: Did Francis perform exorcism?
- Inside Bainbridge | Best of Bainbridge 2013: Here Are Your Local Faves
- Capitol Hill Seattle Blog | Coffee co-op hopes balance of rules, responsibility will help it keep place on Hill
- My Edmonds News | Pearl Harbor survivor Ervin Schmidt named grand marshal of Edmonds July 4th parade
- Issaquah Press | Community Center closed for Memorial Day
- PhinneyWood.com | Summer Food Service Program has three sites in/near Greenwood for hungry children
- 06:03 PM Washington's roads, transit rate a D+, engineers say
- 03:20 PM Lawyer for Susan Powell's family says feds are investigating the case
- 02:23 PM Federal Way-based World Vision sending emergency supplies to tornado-ravaged towns
- 12:52 PM Survey of Seattle students finds many risky behaviors on the decline
Schooling comes down to the quality of the people: what they aim for, what they insist on, what they allow. It is about individual teachers, students and parents.Bruce Ramsey: "Education reform is only part of answer to student achievement"
UPDATE - 6:43 PM QB Josh Portis waived after news of DUI arrest | Seahawks
Entertainment & Living
- Watch the winners of the 2013 3-Minute Masterpiece film contest