This weekend is shaping up to be a frighteningly fun one for fans of thrillers, festivals a the humble chicken wing. Here are five activities we recommend. Clockwise from top left: visit a corn maze, celebrate Dia de los Muertos, grab some wings for the game, and see Jake Gyllenhaal in "Nightcrawler."
UPDATE - 12:24 PM
Space tourism rocket explodes in desert
A Virgin Galactic space tourism rocket exploded after taking off on a test flight in the Mojave Desert, a witness said Friday. At least one was dead and another was injured, California Highway Patrol said.
- Truth Needle: Gun-rights ad misrepresents extent of support by police
- Sound Transit floats $15B plan to expand mostly rail service
- Emotional funeral for school shooter draws more than 1,000
- Jerry Brewer: The Seahawks need to find fun again
- UPDATE - 11:46 AM Take 2: Greed and the selling of Husky football traditions
NEW - 10:48 AM 2 people shot in Vancouver; police searching for suspect
UPDATE - 12:26 PM Boy pleads not guilty to bringing Molotov cocktail to Seattle Center
UPDATE - 12:24 PM After murder suspect is caught, a sigh of relief
UPDATE - 10:54 AM US ambassador says she's monitoring for Ebola
UPDATE - 12:24 PM Brittany Maynard: New face of right-to-die
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 12:19 PM Rowling reveals new tidbits on Pottermore site
NEW - 10:49 AM Scary Movie Week: Happy Halloween!
- Tasty Two: Will Twix or Reese's be crowned best Halloween candy?
NEW - 12:11 PM 3 cases of wine for the holidays | The Grapevine
The FBI's actions in this case undermined the credibility of press organizations who hold government accountable -- and that matters.Editorial: "FBI exploited press credibility in bomb ruse"
- Editorial: Find the money to keep Public Health — Seattle & King County’s Auburn site open
- Editorial: In 45th District race, look past the political spin
- Ebola aid workers can't be trusted
- UPDATE - 11:21 AM Remembering what skulls really stand for on Halloween
UPDATE - 10:44 AM Vote: Was the Fed's QE successful? | Jon Talton