The final stretch of asphalt is laid down Tuesday on the north side of the southbound lane of the temporary span of the Skagit River Bridge in Mount Vernon. The bridge will reopen early Wednesday with a temporary span, restoring Interstate 5 traffic less than a month after collapsing.
Collectively, local governments outspend business and labor with about $2.5 million to lobby state lawmakers during the regular legislative session.
UPDATE - 01:51 AM Karzai suspends talks with US over Taliban move
- My Edmonds News | Police release photo of suspect in Lake Ballinger area assault and purse snatching
- Ravenna Blog | Beloved metal animals stolen from Ravenna Park playground
- Hiking with my Brother | Palisades Trail #1198
- PhinneyWood.com | City orders owners of long-empty, graffiti-covered building in Phinney Ridge to civil violations hearing
- Issaquah Press | Regal Cinemas in Issaquah Highlands will open June 29
- 05:51 PM Driver accused of killing soccer ball dribbler out of jail; he's in hospice
- 04:31 PM Tokyo-bound Boeing 787 diverted to Seattle due to oil-filter problem
- 04:30 PM Would-be burglar may be same man who tried to snatch White Center child
- 02:40 PM Car crashes into North Seattle building -- twice
I don't plan to be alone forever, but I reject the notion that, as Campoamor suggested, it's someone else's job to woo me and sweep me off my feet.Thanh Tan, column: "A choice to be single in Seattle"