On March 11, 2011, a powerful tsunami slammed ashore in Natori and other coastal towns in northeast Japan. Rebuilding has barely started in some of Japan's hardest-hit communities, and one expert warns the Pacific Northwest isn't learning lessons that would help it recover from similar disasters.
UPDATE - 12:12 PM
Missing jet: Experts chasing 'every angle,' including hijacking
- UPDATE - 12:14 PM WSDOT: Viaduct cracks spreading near Seneca ramp
- UPDATE - 11:34 AM North Bend restaurant worker sexually assaulted, stabbed
- UPDATE - 12:12 PM Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- UPDATE - 12:14 PM Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Public comments: How much talk is too much?
- UPDATE - 11:08 AM Seattle wine master is a Sommelier of the Year
- Kyle Seager becomes Mr. Dependable at third base | Jerry Brewer
UPDATE - 10:56 AM Democrats to heat up Senate floor with climate talk-a-thon
UPDATE - 12:12 PM Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
UPDATE - 12:14 PM Americans board public transit in booming numbers
UPDATE - 12:14 PM Black Twitter growing into online force
UPDATE - 11:49 AM E-cigarettes: fresh air or smoke and mirrors?
- Torture survivors thrive on a new kind of treatment in Seattle | Seattle Globalist
- Will third time be a charm Tuesday night for filling vacant Edmonds City Council seat? | My Edmonds News
- Meet the East Precinct's new new captain, 29-year SPD vet Pierre Davis | Capitol Hill Seattle Blog
- State asks Issaquah to annex Lake Sammamish State Park | Issaquah Press
- West Seattle Junction development: Another crane up; concrete-pour traffic alert | West Seattle Blog
I found it easier to find health violations at my neighborhood restaurant than about problems at my kid's child-care center.Jonathan Martin, column: "Make child care transparent for parents"
- Editorial: Senate should protect people with disabilities
- Editorial: Boeing’s retirement-plan decision a move for equity
- UPDATE - 11:14 AM Bravo Lake Washington Symphony Orchestra
- Guest: Stop dinging state schools for timber money
UPDATE - 11:53 AM Report: Seahawks remain favorites to re-sign Bennett
UPDATE - 11:59 AM C.J. Wilcox and Nigel Williams-Goss receive all-conference honors
UPDATE - 11:23 AM Controversy marks Newsweek's comeback
UPDATE - 11:53 AM Stocks slip on discouraging news from Asia
- S.F. Fed chief has insights for students, 49ers | Sunday Buzz
- Bible for business-site selectors overlooks Northwest | Jon Talton
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 11:50 AM '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
NEW - 10:50 AM If you liked 'True Detective' . . .
UPDATE - 11:50 AM Miranda Lambert 'ready to rock' as she preps album