Seahawks coach Pete Carroll success the past five years, coaching philosophy and optimism has spread to many other professional leagues and coaches. Above, Carroll celebrates after Seahawks running back Robert Turbin scored a touchdown against on the 49ers in 2014.
A proposal by the Obama administration to take away the tax-free status of college savings accounts could spell trouble for Washington state’s Guaranteed Education Tuition plan.
- Bill would further limit restraint, seclusion of special-ed students
- West Seattle Masons hold onto their priceless old island in new Seattle
- Bastyr abandons plans for seminary building renovation
- UPDATE - 12:35 PM Sheriffs want popular police-tracking app Waze disabled
- UPDATE - 11:10 AM Body of hiker found in Olympic National Park
- Temperatures hit record high in Seattle area; enjoy it while you can
- UPDATE - 12:24 PM Thousands of flights canceled as storm descends on the East
NEW - 12:35 PM Seahawks no longer blocking ‘Hunger Games’ trademark request
NEW - 11:53 AM Democrats reelect Jaxon Ravens as state chair
NEW - 11:06 AM Redmond man accused of killing father pleads not guilty
- Guess who’s discovered income inequality | Danny Westneat
UPDATE - 12:35 PM Monster snowstorm swirls into densely populated Northeast US
UPDATE - 12:35 PM Lawyer: Abuse prevention program protects Boy Scouts
UPDATE - 11:58 AM ISIS calls on Muslims in West to commit more attacks
UPDATE - 12:35 PM Kurds celebrate ousting Islamic State fighters from Kobani
UPDATE - 12:29 PM Spielberg warns of growing anti-Semitism at Holocaust event
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 11:37 AM At chamber-music fest, a vibrant, revelatory Vivaldi | Classical review
UPDATE - 12:05 PM SAG Awards win sends 'Birdman' Oscar hopes soaring
While we should fix NCLB, we can't afford to stop holding states and schools accountable for the education of their students.Patty Murray guest column: "Congress needs to fix outdated federal No Child Left Behind education law"
- Editorial: Voter initiatives need to include funding balance
- Editorial: Washington students need better laws at federal and state level
- Google Glass joins the failure hall of fame | Froma Harrop / Syndicated columnist
- Why serious people discount Fox News | Leonard Pitts Jr. / Syndicated columnist
UPDATE - 12:13 PM Seahawks Fan Buzz: More flashy cleats coming? What does Madden know?
UPDATE - 10:48 AM Amazon Japan says it’s cooperating with police probe on child porn
UPDATE - 12:24 PM Milk industry fights back against 'anti-dairy folks'
UPDATE - 12:10 PM Low inflation likely to keep Fed 'patient' about a rate hike
- Amazon’s nappies fail to hold up
- Elon Musk drops space plans into Seattle’s lap | Jon Talton