Crowds chanting "Hands up, don't shoot" marched toward the federal courthouse in downtown Seattle today to protest a grand jury's decision not to indict the police officer who shot and killed an unarmed teen in Ferguson, Mo.
The average price of existing single-family homes in King, Snohomish and Pierce counties fell 0.2 percent in September over August.
- Mayor plans new rules for Seattle’s medical pot
- Parents of Lake Stevens boy shot in mouth had argued about guns in home
- Audit: Two ex-SHA employees got $130,000 in bogus overtime
- Minnesota AG says Value Village’s owner mishandled donations
- Developer plans 50-story hotel on Seattle’s Fifth Avenue
- UPDATE - 12:41 PM Online valet parking soars in Seattle; Bellevue next
- UPDATE - 12:21 PM Heavy rains cause flooding; Mount Rainier park closes
- Before they were champions: Seahawks’ former jobs
- Sounders FC’s Chad Marshall named MLS defender of the year
UPDATE - 01:22 PM Cinder, bear burned in wildfires, in Idaho to hibernate
NEW - 11:46 AM Daily Rant&Rave: Good luck speeding off with that flat tire
NEW - 11:44 AM Lawsuit filed to stop Snake River dredging
UPDATE - 01:17 PM Brown family blasts prosecutor's handling of case
UPDATE - 01:14 PM A look at what's ahead in the Ferguson case
UPDATE - 01:17 PM Tough to make a case against police in shootings
UPDATE - 12:41 PM Police: Video of officer shooting boy is 'clear'
UPDATE - 01:16 PM Cosby philanthropy shadowed by sexual allegations
Entertainment & Living
NEW - 12:25 PM New Kurt Cobain documentary in the works from HBO
NEW - 12:05 AM ‘Horrible Bosses 2’ not first sequel to suck at its job
All that's left is for Gov. Jay Inslee to show his hand, and avoid being just another act following what's now recalled as a killer performance.Robert J. Vickers column: "Is Gov. Jay Inslee an absentee governor or a patient strategist?"
I just completed an exhaustive online search, and have not found a single news item or police report wherein a four year old was, with or without permission, playing with father's stamp collection, and accidentally glued a three year-old's jaw off.Comment by "user1002035" on "Parents of Lake Stevens boy shot in mouth had argued about guns in home"
- Editorial: Remote testimony would bring the Legislature into the 21st century
- Editorial: Mayor Murray’s smart move to entice foreign trade to Seattle
- A needless attack on TVW detracts from real need for more transparency
- Thanksgiving is for eating, not shopping
- NEW - 01:07 PM Animals in captivity: Echoes of Woodland Park Zoo elephants in caged UW monkeys
- Student-athletes: Paying college athletes disincentivizes drive to professional level
- Midterm elections: There's no mandate for GOP with such low voter turnout
- A reader's letter about his work experience at Paseo