NORTHWEST WANDERINGS: The Portland Japanese Garden, with its calming aesthetic, is regarded as one of the most authentic of its kind outside of Japan. Above, Justin Blackwell thinks round as he creates patterns of ripples in the stones at the garden, a 5½-acre oasis in the city.
UPDATE - 09:35 PM
Public comments: Citizens shut out?
Members of the public treasure having their say and detest feeling locked out of local council meetings. But how much is too much? Cities have different answers.
- NEW - 08:47 PM Investigators: Vanished jet will turn up eventually
- UPDATE - 10:30 PM Lack of passport checks expose air security flaw
- Recovery isn’t in sight 3 years after Japan’s tsunami
- UPDATE - 10:30 PM Students press profs to open minds to cheaper textbooks
- UPDATE - 09:35 PM Tiny gowns become ‘huge gift’ for grieving families
- Jerry Large: Too little info makes pot reform hard
UPDATE - 10:41 PM Bumps in rollout of cellphone alerts in Washington
UPDATE - 09:27 PM Anti-nuclear protests grow as Fukushima anniversary nears
UPDATE - 10:19 PM Despite obstacles, the bull market turns 5
UPDATE - 09:34 PM Increasing numbers of Americans ride public transit
- West Seattle Junction development: Another crane up; concrete-pour traffic alert | West Seattle Blog
- Lynnwood-based Zumiez reports increased sales in February | Lynnwood Today
- Richard Sherman to Make Appearance at Bellevue Square Microsoft Store on Monday | Downtown Bellevue Network
- Pikes/Pines: Pondering the pulmonates of Capitol Hill | Capitol Hill Seattle Blog
- Don't kill the ump: Umpire training and Rules Clinics for Little League parents | Shoreline Area News
I found it easier to find health violations at my neighborhood restaurant than about problems at my kid's child-care center.Jonathan Martin, column: "Make child care transparent for parents"
- Editorial: Senate should protect people with disabilities
- Editorial: Boeing’s retirement-plan decision a move for equity
- Guest: Stop dinging state schools for timber money
- Laughter and grief belong together | Leonard Pitts Jr. / Syndicated columnist
UPDATE - 09:20 PM Felix Hernandez allows four earned runs in 2 1 / 3 innings
UPDATE - 09:03 PM Huskies must win 4 games in 4 days to make NCAA tournament
UPDATE - 09:40 PM Saint Mary’s again stands in Gonzaga’s WCC tournament path