Georgia State scored two touchdowns to shut out UW in the first half. The Huskies then answered with six touchdowns of their own and a field goal. Above, John Timu follows his blockers and returns an interception for a touchdown in the fourth quarter.
Foes of a proposal to extend background checks to all private gun sales say its wording would criminalize almost anyone who hands anyone else a gun. I-594 supporters reject the argument.
- UPDATE - 08:40 PM Clash over climate change powers state Senate race
- UPDATE - 08:40 PM Oso-area residents grapple with life six months after slide
- UPDATE - 08:03 PM After intruder, Secret Service boosts White House security
- We are worse than NFL for domestic violence | Danny Westneat
- UPDATE - 08:37 PM Seahawks-Broncos not really a Super Bowl rematch
- UPDATE - 08:09 PM New York Red Bulls thump Sounders FC 4-1
- UPDATE - 08:38 PM M’s blasted by Astros, blow chance to take wild-card lead
UPDATE - 08:45 PM Local proposals’ goals to improve learning, young lives of children
UPDATE - 06:51 PM A writerly chill at Bezos’ Campfire gathering
UPDATE - 07:44 PM GM brake-defect recall includes Impalas, Cadillacs
UPDATE - 07:58 PM Polly Bergen — singer, actress, entrepreneur — dies at 84
Entertainment & Living
In fact, the most important issue — the risk to human life — is not explicitly considered in routine landslide-hazard assessments.Joseph Wartman, guest column: "How to avert the next Oso landslide disaster"
- Editorial: Seattle Housing Authority rent proposal needs work
- Conversation starter: What would you ask state candidates?
- Guest: Should schools start later? Medical reasons to delay
UPDATE - 08:37 PM Stakes are high in the Super Bowl rematch | Larry Stone
UPDATE - 07:22 PM Emmanuel Daigbe has helped Kent-Meridian flex some muscle early
UPDATE - 08:50 PM Huskies don’t appear ready for Pac-12 play | Jerry Brewer
NEW - 08:00 PM Tax cheats prey on immigrants in construction trade
NEW - 08:00 PM How to incorporate charitable giving in limited budget