Picture This | Erik Ronning takes children for a ride on the "Nordic Express" outside the Nordic Heritage Museum in Seattle. Ronning, who says the train cars have been in his family for about 15 years, takes out the set on special Scandinavian holidays like Syttende Mai, which was Friday.
Seattle City Councilmember Tim Burgess, who had raised more campaign money than any other candidate, dropped out of the Seattle mayor’s race Friday.
- Man survives bear attack; wife cracks it on head
- Inside Bainbridge | Spotlight on Cops: Officer Victor Cienega on Off-the-Wall Bainbridge Calls
- Shelf Talk | Science Fiction Fridays: Must-read books for the Trekkie in your life
- Three Sheets Northwest | Northwest Nautical History | How Anacortes Got Its Name
- Public Data Ferret | Bias, bother, then firing - says ex-King enviro worker, in suit
- Queen Anne View | Conditional approval granted for new 20 unit apartment building on Lower Queen Anne/Uptown
My college guidance in high school was trial and error. I took the SAT test without preparing for it and applied to colleges I had never visited.Lynne K. Varner, column: "Helping high-school students navigate the next step"
Entertainment & Living
- Watch the winners of the 2013 3-Minute Masterpiece film contest
- ‘Star Trek Into Darkness’: Action, excitement at warp speed | Movie review
NEW - 05:30 AM Heart, Quincy Jones featured on Rock Hall broadcast Saturday
- Summer Guide: Sightseeing attractions, festivals, day trips and more