It’s taking longer than expected to dig a hole to fix Highway 99 tunnel-machine Bertha. But managers still expect Bertha to be repaired by March. Above, steel tubes, some with drilling teeth, are at the job site for the repair pit.
The early departure of another superintendent has reignited debates about whether a fractious School Board is at least partially to blame for the turnover.
UPDATE - 10:21 PM
Bellevue doctor suspected of promoting prostitution
A federal investigation of an Eastside anesthesiologist turned up a large-scale Asian prostitution ring out of Bellevue.
- NEW - 10:58 PM Jewish group calls for resignation of gun lobbyist
- UPDATE - 09:51 PM O’Toole taps civilian to fill top SPD post
- UPDATE - 10:39 PM Senators ask White House to clarify federal pot laws
- UPDATE - 11:03 PM Longtime DJ Bob Rivers to retire
- UPDATE - 11:51 PM Judge OKs record $2B sale of Clippers to Ballmer
- UPDATE - 11:05 PM Galaxy scores early and often to topple Sounders FC 3-0
UPDATE - 11:51 PM New fears about Ebola spread after plane scare
UPDATE - 10:29 PM A giant that’s still hard to spot: the world’s largest flea
UPDATE - 11:51 PM US: Russia violated 1987 nuclear missile treaty
UPDATE - 11:26 PM Deal to improve veterans' health care costs $17B
UPDATE - 10:57 PM Obama mulls large-scale move on immigration
Entertainment & Living
We had offered a way for audiences, Asian American and white, to enjoy the true musical beauty and humor of this operetta, without the demeaning stereotypes and yellowface acting.Rick Shiomi, guest column: "Making 'The Mikado' without Asian stereotypes"
Agree or disagree with his politics and policies, Mayor Schell (along with many other politicians) should get our respect and thanks for at least stepping up and taking action by trying to make a difference through government.Comment by "Coug By Association" on "Paul Schell remembered for vision, mayoral term marked by crises"
- Editorial: Get Northwest grain shipments going again
- Editorial: The Times recommends keeping Snohomish County Sheriff Ty Trenary
- B.C. premier vows sewage treatment for Victoria — someday
- New York Times joins Seattle Times in calling for marijuana legalization
UPDATE - 10:19 PM WNBA Talk: A conversation with Penny Toler
- Boeing ready to help Iran keep airliners flying | Sunday Buzz
- Oil trains crowd out grain shipments to NW ports